The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Oxycodone Turns "Wet/Pasty" When Crushed

PaducahManDingo

Greenlighter
I just got a script for 15mg Mallinkrodt "M-Box" 15s from my pharmacy. I've been crushing and snorting all of them for years. Over the past few months when I get close to the end of the script I notice when I crush one it turns into this "pasty/wet" material that can't be cut with a blade properly without the pasty new product sticking to the blade. To be on the safe side I bought a new crusher, new blades, am using a new straw and a new surface just to be sure none of them were wet - and that isn't the case (or I wouldn't be here lol).

I usually sit on my comode with a wooden shelf across my lap, put a small square plate on it, cut one of these 15s in half, put both halves into my arthritis friendly crusher (it's not a grinder it's an actual two part crusher), crush the pill and it makes a "smash" sound. Then I partially unscrew the crusher, shake it a bit to redistribute the powder then crush again. I repeat this until I'm satisfied with the "sound" and "feeling" which I know when is right for my taste. Then I dump about half the powder into evenly distributed lines on the aforementioned square plate. I use a paint scraping blade to cut this very dry powder into very fine, near powdered sugar quality lines then snort it through a pen straw, being sure the powder is evenly distributed between my nostrils and only hard enough so it stays on the membrane and not into my throat. I gauge my success based on how I feel about 3 to 5 minutes later then do the other half. I do this over and over until in experiencing the desired effect, which is honestly just general pain relief in my case.

I can do about the first 90% of the script this way very successfully and without them becoming pasty as mentioned above. But why does the last 10% always seem to become all nasty and unusable? Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions!

You from some place humid? My only guess is these pills are absorbing humidity from the air and by the end you notice it. Keep a few silica packets in the pill bottle and see what happens.

-GC

Thanks for your prompt response! I lenjoy the nice, arid, desert climate of the Commonwealth of Kentucky (sarcasm intended - it's definitely humid). In an attempt to solve this dilema, today I placed a fan on high with the tablets in a pill sorter with the latches open to direct the airflow to them efficiently, hoping this would draw some of the moisture away. Maybe I'll add a well regulated heat light if this doesn't work.

Any other suggestions for removing moisture from these last few tablets? I won't be getting my next refill for a couple more weeks. I tried to attach a picture for your entertainment and laughter but can't seem to find the appropriate button without uploading it to an external site and linking the URL. Oh well :)

So a few options here...

One quick (and I do mean quick) look finds that Oxycodone doesn’t degrade at 55c (~131F) so you could crush them to the best of your ability than dry them around this temperature in an oven.

The other method is to let it sit with a desiccant like the silica gel or epsoms salts dried to anhydrous in an oven at 400f for an hour. This will take days at least.

-GC

Are they in a bottle or a plastic/foil strip? If it's a bottle chuck one of those silica gel packs in there.leave it tightly closed.if it's a foil strip leave them in the strip until u need them.

Thanks for your prompt response! I lenjoy the nice, arid, desert climate of the Commonwealth of Kentucky (sarcasm intended - it's definitely humid). In an attempt to solve this dilema, today I placed a fan on high with the tablets in a pill sorter with the latches open to direct the airflow to them efficiently, hoping this would draw some of the moisture away. Maybe I'll add a well regulated heat light if this doesn't work.

Any other suggestions for removing moisture from these last few tablets? I won't be getting my next refill for a couple more weeks. I tried to attach a picture for your entertainment and laughter but can't seem to find the appropriate button without uploading it to an external site and linking the URL. Oh well :)

Leaving them in the pill sorter is probably the problem.leaving it open with a fan blowing over it is probably also a problem.leaving anything open in a humid environment isn't going to dry it.

The bathroom holds humidity like no ones business. Keep the fart fan on and it should help.

Bathroom walls are typically made with the purple drywall (water resistant) and that's why the water never seems to leave the air there

Just buy the pill ziplock bags at CVS. Put the pills in the bags immediately after purchase, then put back in the bottle. Store at 60 - 73 degrees. Perfect temps are 65 -70. Also and this is key, the RH or relative humidity must be at 40 to 60.

Your last pill will be like your first.

Never take the bottle out of the house and storage place. Use another ziplock bag and an empty pill bottle to transfer if needed.

I need help finding items.