• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone to Kratom to Suboxone? Best Plan?

DEADPOOLx23

Bluelighter
So i am finishing up my Oxycodone prescription now and i am planning on giving my body a break from this junk for a while. I am trying a new detox method since last time i used suboxone i just didnt feel very good, it always gives me stomach pains no matter the ROA.

Id like opinions on if this plan sounds ok:

I am planning on using Red Borneo and Red Bali Kratom for about 5 days, attempting to taper as I go and since people say that Kratom either delays some Wd symptoms or that there will be its own WD symptoms after the 5 days, I was planning on following up the 5 days of kratom use with 3 or 4 days of LOW DOSE Suboxone (2 to 4mg at most)....

Does this sound like the best way to maximize my current tools to get me off of the Oxycodone? Obviously i will have things like ibuprofen, dxm, loperamide, and the basic otc meds available if needed.

Does this sound like a reasonable and good way to make this WORK and have it be DOable?

Thanks
DEADPOOL

If you can successfully switch to kratom without major withdrawal, I would just taper off the kratom at that point. There will be some withdrawal symptoms depending on how fast you taper, but nothing like quitting oxycodone cold turkey. I don't think there's any way to avoid withdrawal completely.

terrible idea, going to the suboxone after the kratom is like using an ak to hunt deer. Totally misproportionate response. If the kratom works well, it already IS an agonist-antogonist, and a shorter acting one! much easier to get off.

Even if kratom has its own wd, it'll be very mild and also short (like 3-4 days). I'd just try to ride it out.

Information, like how long youve been using the oxy, would help.

Also 2-4mg, is not a low dose for.bup', you want to be in the microgram range for that. (1,000mcg=1mg)

As others have said, if the kratom works well, bypass the sub, but if not, use low doses of sub, infrequently, for a short period of time.

- Hopeless 7nos

terrible idea, going to the suboxone after the kratom is like using an ak to hunt deer. Totally misproportionate response. If the kratom works well, it already IS an agonist-antogonist, and a shorter acting one! much easier to get off.

I completely agree. Also after only 5 days on kratom you will most likely still experience WD from the Oxy so I'd stay on kratom for about 2 weeks before tapering off. How much Oxy do you use?

And like Hopeless Sould said, 2-4mg of Subs is not a low dose. 0,5 or 0,25mg is. Buprenorphines potency is roughly 30-40 while Oxycodones is ~2. People gerally underestimate Bupre because it is only a partial agonist but is is damn strong. When used for pain Temgesic tablets come in 0,2 and 0,4mg doses.
You don't need it if you can cover your WDs with Kratom and it will only lengthen out your WDs and probably make them worse compared to tapering of the kratom.

I have switched to Kratom from a low-dose Bupre dependency and tapered of a few times and it always worked very well. The only downside is the short duration but it is manageable.
Depending on your current Oxy-dose using 2-4mg Bupre could possibly make your addiction worse so just don't use it :)

yeah I agree w/ the above I honestly can't imagine that going on suboxone (especially 2-4mg) after detoxing w/ kratom would be smart ...bupe is much stronger than oxy and SO much stronger than kratom, if you can get yourself comfortable on a much less potent opioid (kratom) and taper off that I don't understand why on earth you would go backwards onto a much stronger opioid to finish your taper, that seems like starting at square one again, it's much easier to taper off kratom than suboxone, people spend years tapering off subs. if you're trying to avoid ALL withdrawal symptoms by doing this I'd give up on that idea, you're always going to experience some unpleasant feelings when coming off an opiate. I'd just take the kratom in amounts to control your oxy w/d as best as possible for about a week, then spend the next week tapering off and you'll be good as gold.

I think i must just have strange WD reactions then, my normal wds from 300 to to 450mg oxy a day with subs i can take them for 3 days, stop and then by time that is out of my system im past any physical wds except maybe sleep issues. Also cant really dose subs in micrograms but 2mg with 10% subligual ba seemed low and with its long half life i figured it woud cover any lingering effects since normally i need about 4 8mg subs over 3 days to kick a 300 to 450mg oxy a day habit, normally so it was a thought....

Well thats a lot of Oxy but Bupre has a sublingual bioavailability of approximately 30%. I always snorted mine (~50%) but sl is better due to a more constant plasma-level.
Another aspect is that if you switch from full-agonists to Bupre often, the switch will get harder with time so you don't wanna rely on that forever.

With that level of Oxy addiction I don't know if Kratom will cover you fully but it is worth a try. How long have you been on that dose?

I'm coming off 13 years of Bupe. 5 years Subutex, then 8 years Suboxone. At height I was taking 6 8mg/2mg films per day. Last few years only 3 per day. Just got through tapering down and now I'm on my 8th day of withdrawals. Hasn't been fun, but just learned of Kratom last night. Bought OPMs Silver 30g Maeng Da capsules. Wasn't looking for a high, to feel normal. 10 capsules later and the best I've felt for weeks. Suboxone is a miracle drug imo, but if you can use the Kratom then do it. Suboxone was meant to be 6 days and done.

If you tough it out with just Kratom do that, I wish I would have. I could stave off withdrawals with Kratom my tolerance was 60 to 150mg of oxy, now if I let the suboxone outta my system completely I need like 300mg of oxy throughout the day to stay mildly buzzed and well. A 60mg shot use to be good, but now I need a 120mg shot to feel satisfied. It's a fuckin bitch to get off of makes me sick to see doctors writing it to ppl with a Kratom hAbbit

Right, i only use subs for 3 to 4 days tops when i use it since it has such a long half life. Im not planning on using it to stretch out till i get more meds, im planning on coming off completely.

I decided though to ween my oxy dose down for a few more days, 4 or 5 days, with some 15mg doses instead of the 30mg doses and keeping it under 100mg and as low as possible overall until im out of whag i have left. Approx 25 15mgs. Instead of jumping right off from where i was. Then ill see how the kratom does, if it doesnt seem too do too much or is to stimy (stimulant effects) ill probably just use the few subs i have for 3 or 4 days then maybe the kratom for a few after that if it seems to help at all. Either way normally i just need 3 to 4 days of subs and then im fine jumping off the oxy, i just hate how suboxone makes my stomach feel and puts me in an odd mood, which is why i was going to put the kratom first, hoping i could use smaller suboxone doses but i like the suboxone for the long half life as i dont have to dose as many times as i see people using kratom need to do each day.

I guess this time will be trial and error but getting off the oxy is something i just feel like i need to do to get my health feeling better overall and try to get some motivation back. Ill just have to deal with my daily pains but id rather find other ways to deal with it all at this point, at least for as long as i can.