• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone & Subutex 6mg

onesandz3r0s

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

So I know I have posted about this a couple of times, however I have had a change in my meds so I wanted to reach out to get some advice.

Just to rehash... I am on Subutex daily as part of the opiate therapy program.

I was on 8mg daily up until 5 days ago when I requested and was approved for a dose reduction to 6mg daily....

Now my question is basically the same as previously... Will I be able to feel the effects of Oxy if I use approx 12 hours from last dose. I have several boxes of Oxynorm 20mg capsules so I could potentially use as much as needed however I am concerned that I would need to take too much to get the desired effect over the top of the bupe and put myself at risk...

Now the general consensus was I MAY be able to feel a little high while on 8mg, and now I am wondering would the drop to 6mg help at all? I mean that is 25% less bupe so I am hoping yes.

Thanks again guys!

Take one and see work your way up to 4 a total of 80mg if nothing then I'd stop there

Thanks very much kush. Decided to wait full 24 hours from last bupe dose and have just administered 20mg OxyNorm orally.

Any suggestions on how long to wait before trying another capsule if needed? I was thinking 20-30 mins would be sufficient.

Will report back how I go anyway.

Man I couldn’t feel oxy after being off the bupe for four days! Bit of a buzz kill, but I guess it’s different for everyone.

Man I couldn’t feel oxy after being off the bupe for four days! Bit of a buzz kill, but I guess it’s different for everyone.
Hey Van,

Yea to be honest I did not have high hopes AT ALL based on bupes extremely long half life lol...

I do feel a slight sense of that relaxation and definitely a very slight reduction in pain (I do suffer from chronic pain) so I think I am going to try bringing on another 20mg however if I don't notice anything solid I think I'll wait and reassess.

Hey Van,

Yea to be honest I did not have high hopes AT ALL based on bupes extremely long half life lol...

I do feel a slight sense of that relaxation and definitely a very slight reduction in pain (I do suffer from chronic pain) so I think I am going to try bringing on another 20mg however if I don't notice anything solid I think I'll wait and reassess.
Yeah I’ve been experimenting a bit in this dept recently. I’ve been on bupe best part of three years and lately I’ve had weeks where I’ve got some benzos and given myself up to 8 days off and tried to get high on either oxy or dhc with mostly disappointing results. I’ve done it perhaps six times, one of which I got fully Hugh on dhc for a couple of days just like the old times, one other time I got itchy as fuck but literally no high! I’ve read plenty of stories of people giving it 12 hours of a day and being all good, but as we all know bupe is strange as fuck and I guess it’s massively subjective. After my most recent waste of money on oxy (which I used to love so much!!!) I’ve decided to reevaluate my recovery and my motivations for getting off bupe.
Good luck to you though dude. Let me know how the 20mg goes.

I shoot my bupe and I've never noticed any blocked effects this may be because whenever I dose anything I dose really high like 100 mg of hydrocodone or 90-120mg of oxy whatever I have on hand

N I'm referring to Suboxone film not pills

Yeah I’ve been experimenting a bit in this dept recently. I’ve been on bupe best part of three years and lately I’ve had weeks where I’ve got some benzos and given myself up to 8 days off and tried to get high on either oxy or dhc with mostly disappointing results. I’ve done it perhaps six times, one of which I got fully Hugh on dhc for a couple of days just like the old times, one other time I got itchy as fuck but literally no high! I’ve read plenty of stories of people giving it 12 hours of a day and being all good, but as we all know bupe is strange as fuck and I guess it’s massively subjective. After my most recent waste of money on oxy (which I used to love so much!!!) I’ve decided to reevaluate my recovery and my motivations for getting off bupe.
Good luck to you though dude. Let me know how the 20mg goes.

How long did u wait to restart bupe after dhc?

Hey guys,

So I know I have posted about this a couple of times, however I have had a change in my meds so I wanted to reach out to get some advice.

Just to rehash... I am on Subutex daily as part of the opiate therapy program.

I was on 8mg daily up until 5 days ago when I requested and was approved for a dose reduction to 6mg daily....

Now my question is basically the same as previously... Will I be able to feel the effects of Oxy if I use approx 12 hours from last dose. I have several boxes of Oxynorm 20mg capsules so I could potentially use as much as needed however I am concerned that I would need to take too much to get the desired effect over the top of the bupe and put myself at risk...

Now the general consensus was I MAY be able to feel a little high while on 8mg, and now I am wondering would the drop to 6mg help at all? I mean that is 25% less bupe so I am hoping yes.

Thanks again guys!

You'll be disappointed. Buprenorphine binds so well to the receptors for so long that nothing else can get it.

I tried to get the opiate high a few times whilst on Subutex and soon learned. It's only been in the last few weeks after coming down to 0.01mg,literally a crumb and then taking 6 grams of maeng da kratom that I felt the old opiate buzz and yes I chased it but it soon faded as tolerance built.

How long did u wait to restart bupe after dhc?
I say 12 hours but this is assuming you’d only been on the dhc a couple of days. If you’ve built up a tolerance then you’d have to wait until then wds kick in then use the subs (that’s unless you use the Burmese method, but that’s a whole other ball game!). Every time I shifted from bupe to another opiate it was only ever for a couple of days m, so I could get straight back on the subs.

I say 12 hours but this is assuming you’d only been on the dhc a couple of days. If you’ve built up a tolerance then you’d have to wait until then wds kick in then use the subs (that’s unless you use the Burmese method, but that’s a whole other ball game!). Every time I shifted from bupe to another opiate it was only ever for a couple of days m, so I could get straight back on the subs.
Oh ok I see, I've been on the dhc 20 years minus a few months a few times

Anything over 2-3mg of bupe can give a blocking effect.6mg is definitely in the realm of blocking the effects of opiates

after coming down to 0.01mg,literally a crumb

I think you must mean 0.1mg ie. 100mcg.

0.01mg is only 10mcg and even assuming you were using the 200mcg Temgesic tablets, it would mean breaking an already tiny little pill into 20 parts..trying to dose 10mcg of bupe using standard 2mg subutex or suboxone wouldn't be even be a crumb, it would be a microscopic dot.

I think you must mean 0.1mg ie. 100mcg.

0.01mg is only 10mcg and even assuming you were using the 200mcg Temgesic tablets, it would mean breaking an already tiny little pill into 20 parts..trying to dose 10mcg of bupe using standard 2mg subutex or suboxone wouldn't be even be a crumb, it would be a microscopic dot.
No these were prefibin by sandoz and they were 0.4mg which I split down to 0.2mg then split again,but yes not 00.1mg. I kept splitting until it was the size of a grain of salt...well not splitting more like shaving bits off with a razor blade.

No these were prefibin by sandoz and they were 0.4mg which I split down to 0.2mg then split again,but yes not 00.1mg. I kept splitting until it was the size of a grain of salt...well not splitting more like shaving bits off with a razor blade.

Oh OK. I thought 0.01mg sounded to low. I wasn't aware of that particular brand though. Are you in the US? It's just that here in the UK the only brand of low dose buprenorphine I was aware of is Temgesic but they may well be others.
Before bupe became a thing for maintenance therapy, they only made them in doses around the 200-400mcg (0.2 - 0.4mg) mark since the doses used for pain control are extremely low in comparison. It seems absurd when you think about it really that people were being given doses as high as 32mg for opiate addiction treatment when the dose prescribed for pain was so much less. I've always thought that it was a case of pharma companies falsely inflating the recommended doses for doctors to prescribe. They could get away with that with bupe due to its ceiling agonist effects meaning that by recommending too much, it was just being wasted but without the risk of the patient overdosing. Recommending doses that high just always seemed highly suspicious to me.

Congratulations on managing to reduce down so low. Do you plan in reducing further and then just jumping off?

Oh OK. I thought 0.01mg sounded to low. I wasn't aware of that particular brand though. Are you in the US? It's just that here in the UK the only brand of low dose buprenorphine I was aware of is Temgesic but they may well be others.
Before bupe became a thing for maintenance therapy, they only made them in doses around the 200-400mcg (0.2 - 0.4mg) mark since the doses used for pain control are extremely low in comparison. It seems absurd when you think about it really that people were being given doses as high as 32mg for opiate addiction treatment when the dose prescribed for pain was so much less. I've always thought that it was a case of pharma companies falsely inflating the recommended doses for doctors to prescribe. They could get away with that with bupe due to its ceiling agonist effects meaning that by recommending too much, it was just being wasted but without the risk of the patient overdosing. Recommending doses that high just always seemed highly suspicious to me.

Congratulations on managing to reduce down so low. Do you plan in reducing further and then just jumping off?
Hi this is probably the wrong place to post but you seem clued up and I'm pretty lost on this forum.
right I'm on on 12mg of Bupe ,espranor(non sublingle)
Been on it over a month and had pretty horrific change over then been the idiot I am decided to use heroin. I know about the blocking effects but didn't take Fridays n Saturdays dose. so basically I used Fri &Saturday a total of 7 £10 bags.
I used last, saturday night at midnight and it's now 4pm Sunday if I take the 12mg of Bupe now is it going to put me into pw?
This was just a lapse for 2 days(hopefully)
Is taking my bupe gonna be like when I started it or will this be a lot easier. maybe 12mg is overkill or should I initially dose a 2mg or an 8mg any help would be appreciated as I don't know if I'm withdrawin from bupe or heroin atm.

Hi this is probably the wrong place to post but you seem clued up and I'm pretty lost on this forum.
right I'm on on 12mg of Bupe ,espranor(non sublingle)
Been on it over a month and had pretty horrific change over then been the idiot I am decided to use heroin. I know about the blocking effects but didn't take Fridays n Saturdays dose. so basically I used Fri &Saturday a total of 7 £10 bags.
I used last, saturday night at midnight and it's now 4pm Sunday if I take the 12mg of Bupe now is it going to put me into pw?
This was just a lapse for 2 days(hopefully)
Is taking my bupe gonna be like when I started it or will this be a lot easier. maybe 12mg is overkill or should I initially dose a 2mg or an 8mg any help would be appreciated as I don't know if I'm withdrawin from bupe or heroin atm.

If you're not sure if you're in withdrawal or not then it's safe to say your not as you'd know it and that sounds too soon to re-induct the bupe yet. If you want to be sure of not going into precipitated withdrawal then I would recommend waiting until Monday morning and then start with 2 mg. If you you feel ok then slowly work your way back up to the full 12 mg over the next few hours and you should be back to where you left off. Some might say you'll be ok starting the bupe a little bit earlier than that, but in my opinion it's better to wait a little longer if you can to be certain you don't go into precipitated withdrawal as it is really not a fun experience at all

ye I found that out when I 1st titrated. They started me on 8mg in 4mg then 4mg l8r. I'd of just taken the 4mg but the Dr insisted my mother make sure I took the other 4mg.
It wasn't what I expected within 20 mins of taking the 2nd 4mg(2×2) I was vomiting etc. on my initial switch over I still had methadone in my system & many years of heroin use even though I stopped taking methadone 2 days before and just used heroin due to its shorter half life
when I say I'm not sure if I'm withdrawing is I have nausea and the runs but not a full blown rattle so to speak.I kinda meant I wasn't sure if I was withdrawing from bupe or the 2 day heroin Bing I've had.
Thanks for your reply m8 and sorry I'm so sketchy about things:rolleyes: I'm pretty bad in forums etc

No
ye I found that out when I 1st titrated. They started me on 8mg in 4mg then 4mg l8r. I'd of just taken the 4mg but the Dr insisted my mother make sure I took the other 4mg.
It wasn't what I expected within 20 mins of taking the 2nd 4mg(2×2) I was vomiting etc. on my initial switch over I still had methadone in my system & many years of heroin use even though I stopped taking methadone 2 days before and just used heroin due to its shorter half life
when I say I'm not sure if I'm withdrawing is I have nausea and the runs but not a full blown rattle so to speak.I kinda meant I wasn't sure if I was withdrawing from bupe or the 2 day heroin Bing I've had.
Thanks for your reply m8 and sorry I'm so sketchy about things:rolleyes: I'm pretty bad in forums etc

No problem mate, you're welcome.

If you'd only stopped taking methadone 2 days prior and had also been using heroin during that 2 day period (which is way too short on its own) then were given 8mg of bupe on the first day then that's pretty much guaranteed precipitated withdrawal...

That's gross incompetence by the doctor IMO.