• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone question all help appreciated

FatCatOpie

Bluelighter
Hi guys

I've been using opiates for about ten years off and on mainly oxycodone and in a pinch hydrocodone. Since I became addicted to oxy about a year n half ago I've noticed that at least 80% of the time I get paranoid. Pretty much only about my health,breathing,dying, and going hell lol. Those are the main things but I'd say it's 50% general anxiety and paranoia. Strong feeling of doom I might add lol

This normally sets in about an hour or so after my last dose of the day about an hour before I go to bed and kind of makes it hard to sleep. Which is annoying because when this doesn't happen they make me fall asleep so easy and comfy which is awesome.

My dose for the first year was 60mg a day last few months been doing 130 mg a day.(thanks to fake/fent Percs) jacked up my tolerance anyway. What I've found strange that it doesn't matter if it's my full 130 mg or it was a bad day and I only got 50-60 mg. The paranoia/anxiety can happen on any dose for me. Doesn't matter if it's 13 roxi tens or 6 hydro tens it still happens about 80% of the time. So that means most nights I go to bed thinking I'm never doing drugs again blah blah blah pretty scary but every morning when I wake up I magically forget about the night before because I'm focused on scoring and freaking out about possibly not being able find any.

So this is pretty annoying. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or might have some insight on what's causing it obviously my doc lol any solutions would be nice. Even though I'm trying quit for the millionth time I would still like to know. Plan on being an occasional user eventually. Stupid I no but scares the shit out of me thinking I'll never do them again. Kind of a one day at a time approach. Anyways am eager for everyone's thoughts and opinions I think lol.

Oh yea for some reason me I guess. Benzos make me pretty nervous to. Only done them hand full of times but they make me worry weird right. So probably not good solution

Thanks

I used to get that same anxiety every night when going to bed. It went away when I stopped getting high on percs. Sorry, I know you don't really want to quit but that's what worked for me. I sleep like a freakin baby now.

Thanks for input gmlifer yea I really want quit but at the same time really don't. Bleh. Anyway I was happy you responded I have 2 post with about 200 views between them. And you the only comment in two days. Was wondering if I was doing something wrong ah maybe just paranoid lol

I also used to get generally more anxious and sometimes paranoid on some opioids.

Happened to me on codeine (not on dhc though), high doses of tilidine and one time on heroin (i guess it wasnt dam because this happened only one time on heroin, but it was extreme...similar to amphetamine paranoia).

Sorry that i cant tell you a cure.
Maybe experiment with different opioids/opiates.

I also used to get generally more anxious and sometimes paranoid on some opioids.

Happened to me on codeine (not on dhc though), high doses of tilidine and one time on heroin (i guess it wasnt dam because this happened only one time on heroin, but it was extreme...similar to amphetamine paranoia).

Sorry that i cant tell you a cure.
Maybe experiment with different opioids/opiates.

Thanks for the reply. I. Not really sure what else I could try as far as other opiates. The only thing around here is what I currently do and morphine,k4' and heroin and I've never shot up in my ten year and don't plan on it. Guess could do h in other ways but I've never tried it and to be honest am afraid to. I'm a fiend on oxy in a bad way lol. And I no if I tried h its a good chance I would be homeless and divorced within a month. Sub on the other hand has never made me paranoid except the hand full of times I done to much, but it never offers any type of high just much needed withdrawal relief. I think it's crazy that even doing oxy for so long and last few month at 130mg a day 1-.5 mg of sub can keep me well at least 24 hours

Oh i forgot to mention that it never happened on oxycodone.
But i rarely took high doses of oxy.

I read about this topic a few times on bluelight but never got an answer to why this happens.

Some people say the paranoia (in some cases even hallucinations) only happens on morphine or opioids/opiates that get metabolised into morphine.

But heroin for example gets metabolised into morphine and I never had problems with it except one time.

DHC gets metabolised into morphine...never a problem.

And tilidine which made me paranoid gets metabolised into nortilidine, not morphine.

I really would like to know why this happens.

This, I believe is a side effect of opiates that will eventually go away with time as long as you don't up your dose more and more (though even then, eventually you're receptors become dulled/fried and you stop getting these types of effects, as well as euphoria). I think I know exactly what you're talking about, for me, when I first started using heroin, it would keep me up. I'd be nodding out and then jolt upright, and feel chilled to the bone as if I had just woken up out of some morbid lovecraft-esque dream, sometimes I would have auditory hallucinations, and even visual ones where I thought I could see out of the back of my skull. Usually I would hear people I cared about talking to me, which I attribute to feelings of guilt I had over my drug use and life style at the time. It would sometimes feel as if I was haunted, and that there was another presence in my room, though I'd be alone.

This is how morphine got its name, after Morpheus, god of dreams, the 'sandman' lol.

Znegative
I guess you are confusing hypnagogia (while nodding) with paranoia.

I experienced paranoia on opiates fully awake and far away from nodding

It honestly just sounds like your brain is producing these thoughts to try and make the high unenjoyable so you will quit. I think your body is telling you how unhealthy this is... and wants to quit.

The thoughts you are having isn't anything crazy... high doses of opiates does cause breathing problems.. does affect your health... and can lead to death. These are very real and logical fears and they are just brought to the surface WHEN you are high.

^^^^^
This.
Just a suggestion but if you can't commit to quitting yet, don't dose so close to bedtime. There's a lot of info out there about getting to sleep properly, but opiates or opiods are not conducive to falling asleep or restful thoughts.

^^^^^
This.
Just a suggestion but if you can't commit to quitting yet, don't dose so close to bedtime. There's a lot of info out there about getting to sleep properly, but opiates or opiods are not conducive to falling asleep or restful thoughts.

Yea. I want to quit.I've tried goin cold turkey I've never made it more than 2 days tho I freak out and it's like something jumps inside of me and I'll do whatever it takes to get my hands on some. Then I've tried sub I might stay on it a week but since it's cheaper I have money saved up and I'm like o I'm clean now I can do it once and while but always goes back to daily use from day one. So I've not been clean since day one of use lil more year half ago

As as far as them not being good for sleep for the first month or so of use they made me sleep like a baby. Like as soon as I hit the bed I was so comfy and was one of my fav things about them well unless I was freaking out not so much at fist tho. But didn't last long I'd say I've not had any good effects from them in about 7 months like no euphoria at all really and sure don't help sleep anymore. Yesterday last time I used was 6 hours before bed and it still happen.

So yes I really want quit everyday as soon as I score I'm upset with myself but I do them and think never again but when I wake up in morning I forget about my anxiety fueld scary night and desire to quit. All I can think about is scoring or where I'm goin get cash for it and it's all I can think about until I get them then I feel bad again.

really want to break this cycle but not sure what to do. Still curious if theirs a way to stop this paranoia tho obviously quitting but just curious.

Thanks

Hi guys

I've been using opiates for about ten years off and on mainly oxycodone and in a pinch hydrocodone. Since I became addicted to oxy about a year n half ago I've noticed that at least 80% of the time I get paranoid. Pretty much only about my health,breathing,dying, and going hell lol. Those are the main things but I'd say it's 50% general anxiety and paranoia. Strong feeling of doom I might add lol

This normally sets in about an hour or so after my last dose of the day about an hour before I go to bed and kind of makes it hard to sleep. Which is annoying because when this doesn't happen they make me fall asleep so easy and comfy which is awesome.

My dose for the first year was 60mg a day last few months been doing 130 mg a day.(thanks to fake/fent Percs) jacked up my tolerance anyway. What I've found strange that it doesn't matter if it's my full 130 mg or it was a bad day and I only got 50-60 mg. The paranoia/anxiety can happen on any dose for me. Doesn't matter if it's 13 roxi tens or 6 hydro tens it still happens about 80% of the time. So that means most nights I go to bed thinking I'm never doing drugs again blah blah blah pretty scary but every morning when I wake up I magically forget about the night before because I'm focused on scoring and freaking out about possibly not being able find any.

So this is pretty annoying. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or might have some insight on what's causing it obviously my doc lol any solutions would be nice. Even though I'm trying quit for the millionth time I would still like to know. Plan on being an occasional user eventually. Stupid I no but scares the shit out of me thinking I'll never do them again. Kind of a one day at a time approach. Anyways am eager for everyone's thoughts and opinions I think lol.

Oh yea for some reason me I guess. Benzos make me pretty nervous to. Only done them hand full of times but they make me worry weird right. So probably not good solution

Thanks

I always got anxiety on higher dose especially in the beginning when I was first prescribed large dose. I know take around 45mg of Roxi's and morphine and feel great. If I go higher even after being on them a while I get anxiety.

Well guys thanks for all help I've got one more question. I've made up my mind I'm quitting. Would it be better to go cold turkey or short sub taper. In the past when I tried cold turkey I would like mentally break on day one or half way threw day two and decide I'm going kill myself so if I'm goin die I might as well use. Pathetic I no. As far as my experience with sub I could take 1 mg first day or two then drop down to .5 mg a day. It wasn't fun but took care of most the withdrawal I couldn't sleep hardly any but no puking or other fun stuff. I've done this up to 12 days once and 7 days a couple times. But every time I quit the sub I would be using a day later day n half at most. So I'm not sure what's best even tho I'm doing it this time. Is it possible to skip withdrawal with a short sub taper or am I just prolonging the inevitable? So guys thanks again a few answers would be awesome and I guess I'll start a post tomorrow about how it goes for help and accountability buddies lol.

Thanks a lot everyone who answered

I used to go through withdrawal monthly and I would use loperamide to keep the physical symptoms at bay. I finally just canceled my appointment with my pm doc and never went back. When not having my meds would drive me crazy I would take kratom to help.

Everyone handles withdrawals different. There are some people on here that feel like it more manly to just take all of the pain of withdrawal with no help and others that can't go more than a couple hours without a fix so try as they may, they never get clean. If you do this, do your research and make up your mind. YOU CAN DO IT!

Daria, by the sounds of it you have become addicted. Sucks but that's the nature of the beast.

No, that has never happened to me. I was completely care free on opiates. Rare occasions I would nod harder then I meant to and get a little worried about my breathing, but for the most part, no, no anxiety at all.