• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone prolonged release tablets 10mg

th3 s1aught3r

Bluelighter
How do these prolonged release tablets differ from regular Oxy tablets. Are they any good ?

Are you asking about the difference between oxycodone IR and ER, or generic ER to Oxycontin?

Youve been a BL member for 7+ years
Lmao.
If you mean what’s the difference between oxy ER vs Oxy IR, obviously IR is released all at once. The ER releases slowly over roughly 12 hours. People who have never taken pain meds ever before will feel a 10mg ER, at least a little bit. I believe for a 10mg ER Oxy it releasss 3.3mg at once and then the rest over 8-12 hours. For anyone else tolerant, it’s nothing.

As far as Oxycodone ER vs OxyContin (ER) is Oxycodone is the generic version, supposedly made the same but I don’t believe it. I believe the fillers are different. I once was switched over without me even noticing and was wondering why I was going into WD all week... Then I noticed my bottle read “generic for OxyContin” as they both have the exact same imprints. But I strongly believe the actual brand name from Purdue itself is better, even though supposedly Purdue allows Teva/or whoever to sell them as genetics, using supposedly the same method. Which I doubt, likely Teva makes them with their own fillers and thus it isn’t the same as brand name. I dunno, my doctor said many people also experienced WD symptoms when suddenly generic oxy ER was being dispensed and the pills were indentical.

Thanks for the response

I dont know how long im a BL member has to do with it. I dont know much about opioids