• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone (OxyNorm 20mg) & Subutex 8mg

onesandz3r0s

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

This is slightly similar to my last post so apologies but I wanted to know if I could "safely" (as in not risk resp depression) try a couple of OxyNorm 20mg capsules either orally or intranasally now which is 12 hours after my last Subutex 8mg dose?

Also would I be able to dose Subutex tomorrow without risk of precip withdrawal as long as I make sure there is 12 hours between when I took the oxy and the sub?

Sorry for the n00b qs I used to be a heavy oxy user and now I am trying to balance both and still have a little fun/relief.

The balancing act of Buprenorphine and Oxycodone isn't a fun one. Subutex lacks the Naloxone but Bupe is what actually fights for the majority of opioid receptors. We all metabolize differently and some people can take opioids 12 hours after Bupe to good effect. 8MG though is a high dose. For me, even after 24 hours, 20MG of Oxy would feel like 5. In reverse though, 12 hours after Oxy, Bupe is a Godsend. If possible I'd wait it out as to not waste medication but if necessary, report back. I am not sure if you will get desired effects as there may still be a fair amount of Bupe on the receptors. PWD shouldn't be an issue just lack of potency

As the above poster says you wanna be careful so as not to cause precipitated withdrawals. Waiting 24 hours should keep you in the clear. Although how many of those OxyNorm caps do you have? Because 20mg won't do much with a tolerance to 8mg bupe.

As the above poster says you wanna be careful so as not to cause precipitated withdrawals. Waiting 24 hours should keep you in the clear. Although how many of those OxyNorm caps do you have? Because 20mg won't do much with a tolerance to 8mg bupe.

I have found this to be the most bizarre thing. With all other opioids, Fentanyl included, my tolerance was raised dramatically. After 5 years on 8MG Suboxone a day, 20MG of Oxy still helps my pain the same exact way it did before. To be fair I was not prescribed it for addiction and would usually take the least amount possible so the norbuprenorphine could actually help my neck. Have you tried Bupe and had cross-tolerance issues? The amount they prescribed me was far more than the equivalent of opioids I was on but thank God it never damaged my tolerance.

I have found this to be the most bizarre thing. With all other opioids, Fentanyl included, my tolerance was raised dramatically. After 5 years on 8MG Suboxone a day, 20MG of Oxy still helps my pain the same exact way it did before. To be fair I was not prescribed it for addiction and would usually take the least amount possible so the norbuprenorphine could actually help my neck. Have you tried Bupe and had cross-tolerance issues? The amount they prescribed me was far more than the equivalent of opioids I was on but thank God it never damaged my tolerance.

That's actually pretty interesting, probably because bupe is a partial agonist. I've only got second hand experiences to go on with bupe, not actually had it myself, I just know it's a lot more potent than oxy.

Given what you've said, if OP has only been using bupe recently perhaps the best advice is start off with the 20mg and go up from there. Since OP intends to snort it, it should be readily apparent if it's doing the job or not.

That's actually pretty interesting, probably because bupe is a partial agonist. I've only got second hand experiences to go on with bupe, not actually had it myself, I just know it's a lot more potent than oxy.

Given what you've said, if OP has only been using bupe recently perhaps the best advice is start off with the 20mg and go up from there. Since OP intends to snort it, it should be readily apparent if it's doing the job or not.

100% accurate. I still think snorting Oxy is a sin but I understand the temptation lol. He'd definitely have better luck just taking it orally, even an insignificant amount of Bupe on the receptors will probably completely make insufflated Oxy useless 😔

Personally I've not noticed a significantly reduced effect from snorted oxy especially when what isn't absorbed in the nose mostly goes to the stomach through the drip anyway. I know the BA is lower on paper but I don't notice a significantly reduced effect subjectively with oxy. And it does hit hard and fast up the nose. When I was getting over 50x OC80's a month I would chew one and snort the other.

Morphine on the other hand, complete waste to snort.

Thanks guys,

I am on the MAT here in AUS and thus need to physically attend the clinic each day to dose my Bupe. I can definitely miss a day or two and tell them I was ill if I wanted to avoid the possibility of PWD but it would be much easier once they are giving me takaways so I don't raise any flags and cop an early drug screening...

I decided last night to wait for some community advice so I am going to go to the clinic as normal this morning and advise I am not feeling well which will *hopefully* get me 3 days of takeways and the plan then is to wait 24 hours and dose the oxy and then give myself a full 24 hours from last oxy dose to avoid PWC.

I am actually open to suggestion on ROA, as when I moved from oral to snorting I definitely thought I felt a harder and faster rush however I am not in short supply (180 20mg caps total on hand) so perhaps a snorting a couple and eating a couple would really give me the punch I am after?

My biggest concern is I haven't used oxy for 5 weeks and my tolerance would have substantially dropped so I don't want to risk any overdose so I think I will definitely take it slow whichever way I go.