• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone: Nodding out is worrying me

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

About 2 hours ago I had 80mg of Oxycodone IR and I feel very drowsy to the point were im starting to nod out. The only time I experienced this was when I first started using it last year when I was opiate naive. I did have Clonazepam 2mg last night. Over 24 hours has passed since I had the benzo. Could this be the reason?? What should I do? I don't think im in any immediate danger and im not getting any worse. I am finding it a little difficult to type this message tho, im having to correct some spelling mistakes.

I've had a very strong coffee but it only worked for a very short time.

Normally I can take well over 80mg and ill be absolutely fine without any nodding.

Any ides would be greatly appreciated as I get scared quite easily over things like this lol.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I do not think it is anything to worry about personally. I am not a big opiate person but have taken Oxys, Hydros, and Codeine. Maybe you have a low natural tolerence?
Maybe try 30 MGs next time and see how that goes.

I do not think it is anything to worry about personally. I am not a big opiate person but have taken Oxys, Hydros, and Codeine. Maybe you have a low natural tolerence?
Maybe try 30 MGs next time and see how that goes.

No i have a quite high tolerance to it as ive been taking it for over a yer now

Its because of the benzo clonazepam is one of the most long lasting prescribed benzos

It's good you are scared because it's a deadly combination you took. Frankly you should be worried and shouldn't listen to people who tell you not to worry.

80 mg's of Oxycodone is a lot, tolerant or not. According to Drugs.com, www.drugs.com/ppa/clonazepam.html , Clonazepam is a long acting benzodiazepine with a half life of 17-60 hours depending on a persons metabolism.

There is definitely a chance that the Clonazepam is effecting your Oxycodone dose.

Depending on your current state, I would suggest at minimum having someone watch you, or if you feel your really nodding out, you seek emergency services.

Its because of the benzo clonazepam is one of the most long lasting prescribed benzos

I always thought Conazepam was 12-24 hours, got that wrong didnt I lol? I'm probably better off with a shorter acting benzo like Alprazolam.

It's good you are scared because it's a deadly combination you took. Frankly you should be worried and shouldn't listen to people who tell you not to worry.

Plus I never directly took them together, I thought I was in the clear cos I thought Clonazepam had roughly a 24 hour half life

Quick update im fine. I didnt die in my sleep lol. Last night after about an hour or 2 the nodding stopped.

Good for you, this potentiates both the oxy and clonazepam, its an addiction in and of itself to "nod" like that, if you ask me its a complete waste of time not to mention the dangers but hey, its your life so ultimately your choice to throw it away. This threads full of informational posts and people genuinely concerned and you arent even really taking it seriously so...

And yeah, alprazolam is even more dangerous. Unless you somehow have some master plan to always leave ample time between doses of benzo vs opiate, however thats a naive outlook as it simply doesnt work like that... but hey, millions have gone down your path, not all have lived to tell the tale or nonchalantly "lol" about it after the fact, im not talking about dieing in your sleep after one time use when your opioid tolerance is jacked up already-that rarely happens. Im talkin, you take a combo like that daily long enough it will literally make you dull and seemingly retarded. And youd be locked in because benzos are the worst addiction possible to kick. But hey, keep playing with fire, fuck it i mean you only live once right, so u might as well both ruin your pain script and tolerance and mind all at once

I didnt die in my sleep lol is what i said on xanax for four years till i almost died on my vomit and had to learn to walk again.

Oh I did not see the part where he took cloneazapam. Definitely do not take benzos and opiates together.

Hello all.

About 2 hours ago I had 80mg of Oxycodone IR and I feel very drowsy to the point were im starting to nod out. The only time I experienced this was when I first started using it last year when I was opiate naive. I did have Clonazepam 2mg last night. Over 24 hours has passed since I had the benzo. Could this be the reason?? What should I do? I don't think im in any immediate danger and im not getting any worse. I am finding it a little difficult to type this message tho, im having to correct some spelling mistakes.

I've had a very strong coffee but it only worked for a very short time.

Normally I can take well over 80mg and ill be absolutely fine without any nodding.

Any ides would be greatly appreciated as I get scared quite easily over things like this lol.

Thanks.
I don't think I've ever taken an opiate and not nodded out. Isn't that the point unless you're just taking it for pain management?