• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone IR Mega Thread v2.0

This is my first post but I have been using bluelight to research for a couple of years.
This information I have found here (about so many different topics) has been invaluable! I can't imagine the number of risky things I might have done to my body & brain had I not had bluelight to fall back on for harm minimization techniques.

I want to share my first experience today with OxyContin.
I had wanted to try it for ages. I've used weed, speed, coke, E's, mdma caps, and some prescription drugs like panadine forte and tramadol. The only thing I use regularly is E's and speed maybe once a month, and tramadol when I can get my hands on it (just 1 a day for a week every now and then).

I started today by taking 1x 10mg OxyContin at 11:30am. I got a nice kind of warm feeling like I get from codine but nothing remarkable. At about 5:30 I took 2 more. I'm not sure how long it took but I'm guessing that about an hour later I was noticing definite effects. A bit warmer and a little disoriented but generally happy. At about 8:00pm I scratched the waxy coating off 2 more tablets and crushed them up and snorted them. I was surprised by how easy they were to snort. Very smooth, no pain or discomfort. Within 15 minutes I was feeling great. Like I was really stoned but without the nausea. I'm having trouble focusing on what I'm doing 'cause I keep nodding a bit. It's a lovely warm feeling. I understand what everyone was talking about now.

I hope this isn't too long and boring. I just wanted to share my first experience.
I am a 5'2" female weighing about 55kgs. The 40mgs of OxyContin I have had this evening has been just the right amount I would think for someone of my size, and lack of experience with opiods. I did have lunch and dinner today because I prefer not to take things on an empty stomach. The only negative symptom I have been experiencing is that I am quite itchy, (which I also get from tramadol) but It's not horrible. Easy enough to cope with. I'm just having a bailey's and milk to finish off now (10:30pm). Overall it's been a pleasing experience :)

Thanks again to everyone at Bluelight for the wealth of information that is shared here.

Wow you are soooo small, is it even possible to weigh 55 pounds? 5 feet tall?

i'm kinda wondering why 40mg's of OC didn't OD ur ass

thanks for your advice bojangles69. I actually took 2 more of the 10mg Oxy's today 'cause I was at a bit of a lose end and I wanted to be in a different mindset. Not the right reason to take anything recreationally, I know, but I often have trouble sleeping after tramadol, so I went with the oxy's. To be honest, I didn't feel a strong desire to do them again after the other night. Not like the first time I did E's or coke. I enjoyed it but I don't feel them calling me (luckily). I'll put them away now and save them for a weekend with some reason to celebrate. I think tramadol might be my preference of the two because it makes me feel more motivated and afterwards I don't feel bad about taking them because I've usually achieved a few things.

BlueberryFishY - haha, no, you've misread. I weigh 55 kilograms, not pounds. Otherwise even 40mgs probably would have put me on my arse :)

Hello all. Just wanted to give a shout out to the fellow blue light opiate lovers out there. I have already learned so much from this site already I had to join and extend a big thank you to the people who post on here regularly. I look forward to picking your brains in the future. Thanks

thanks for your advice bojangles69. I actually took 2 more of the 10mg Oxy's today 'cause I was at a bit of a lose end and I wanted to be in a different mindset. Not the right reason to take anything recreationally, I know, but I often have trouble sleeping after tramadol, so I went with the oxy's. To be honest, I didn't feel a strong desire to do them again after the other night. Not like the first time I did E's or coke. I enjoyed it but I don't feel them calling me (luckily). I'll put them away now and save them for a weekend with some reason to celebrate. I think tramadol might be my preference of the two because it makes me feel more motivated and afterwards I don't feel bad about taking them because I've usually achieved a few things.

BlueberryFishY - haha, no, you've misread. I weigh 55 kilograms, not pounds. Otherwise even 40mgs probably would have put me on my arse :)

Oops yeah i misread that, my bad.

what is the CURRENT situation with the pain clinics in fla. i found 2 advertising in the jacksonville area that take cash only and they only prescribe opiates. want id and mri cash only with onsite pharm. one takes walkins the other apts and walk ins. i called after hrs ph number and the one said they aren't aware of shortages down there. didn'tknow what i was talking about. any information available would be helpful

what is the CURRENT situation with the pain clinics in fla. i found 2 advertising in the jacksonville area that take cash only and they only prescribe opiates. want id and mri cash only with onsite pharm. one takes walkins the other apts and walk ins. i called after hrs ph number and the one said they aren't aware of shortages down there. didn'tknow what i was talking about. any information available would be helpful

Jake, I would calm down and think about this. I have seen that you posted this in a few threads, and I totally understand the worry of withdrawals.

I have no experience with what you are going through, but think about this:
Do you really think that you are going to get to the pharmacy, only to be told "oh, I am sorry, we are currently out of any oxycontin"?
AFAIK, the pain clinics were giving the scripts out, and having them filled on the premices. A new law (not sure if it was passed yet) was supposed to only allow the pain clinics to administer 3 days worth of pills to the patient while the patient waited for the pharmacy to fill the script. So I would think that you are guaranteed the 3 days worth of the crazy amount of pills they will most likely prescribe (*again, all of my information on Florida pain clinics has been learned by a large amount of research, and I have no 1st hand experience).

Happy hunting, and I wouldn't worry about Florida beeing "out of oxy or roxi", it would be in a state of emergency if that were the case, and there would be jets flying to colombia on the hour every hour=D

thanx man. im sure your right. i did get the scoop on the 72 hr law straight from one of the clinics. it has not passed YET. so for now is not in effect. one place i called and just spoke to an after hrs appointment setter hadn't heard of a shortage. but of course they want your cash so... i'll be alright and in fact am rethinking my trip down there. this may be the catalyst i need to get off them. im sic and tired of being sick and tired. id rather deal with the pain. i dealt with it for ten years before the dr rx'd the opiates. what a nightmare that has turned into. of course i could change my mind again tomorrow...peace

AFTER CALLING THE PURDUE PHARMA MEDIA NUMBER AND ACTING LIKE A MEDIA MEMBER, I WAS TOLD BY A NICE LADY THAT THEY HAVE STOPPED MAKING THE OLD FORMULA AND ARE SENING OUT WHAT THEY HAVE STOCKPILED AND HAVE ALREAY BEGAN MAKING THE NEW FORMULA AND WILL BEGIN SHIPPING TO THE DISTRIBUTORS AROUND AUGUST/SEPT OF 2010 AND HAVE A PROGRAM FOR DIST/PHARMACIES TO SEND THE OLD ONES IN AND EXCHANGE FOR THE NEW FORMULA ONE AND WILL RECEIVE EXTRA INCENTIVES FOR DOING SO....

SO THE ONLY TABLETS LEFT TO BANG WILL BE DILLY'S (NAME BRAND) I ASSUME?

BOOYAMS

holla

I found this info on pharmer.org Apparently with a doctor's note Purdue WILL supply the OG formula to ppl with an allergy to the new formula. (Third post down) Anyone else heard about this?

http://pharmer.org/forum/chronic-pain-and-pain-management/new-oxycontin-formulation

I also read this " I just got off the phone with Purdue customer relations...They anticipate it being available by the second week in October. Also, the lady said there will still be the orginal formulation available by special order for people who cannot/don't tolerate the new formulation. All you need is a note with letterhead from the PM/PCM who does your prescriptions and the reason why you need the old formula. So that is good news. I expressed my concerns and she said they have already compleated clinical trials and the majority 94% of 879 people did not notice a difference/more side effects/different side effects..so that is also good news. I was actually pretty impressed with their customer service. Very knowledgeable." http://pharmer.org/forum/chronic-pain-and-pain-management/new-oxycontin-formulation

I wonder if this is true?

Sooo

how have prices and availability been for all yall since the switch to these new OP

if u dont mind u can just list general area (ie state) and you can also just say whther the prices have gone uo or down n/or substsndtially v. little bit

^ yeah it would be interesting to see what this is doing to different places..
one person posted yesterday and said he got 3 OP's for what he would pay for 1 OC.

dude snorting vics is not gud. best thang 4 them is a cold h2o extraction. its easy. GET A GLASS WITH BOUT 8 OZ VERY WARM(NOT HOT) H2O.CRUSH UP UR VICS, PERCS, WHATEVER. PUT IN H2O. STIR. AS H2O COOLS, THA SHITTY APAP FLOAT 2 THA TOP AS ITS NOT H2O SOULUBLE. THEN GET ANOTHA GLASS, RUBBERBAND A COFFEE FILTER AND POUR INTO GLASS 2. SINCE HYDROCODONE AND OXYCODONE IS 100 H2O SOLUUBLE. MAKE SURE H2O CI COLD B4 U TRANSFER AS 2 GET 100% APAP OUT. ENJOY:)

Do the original Oxycontin 20's and 40's eventually lose the potency? I've by trying to taper off for 3 years and have accumulated a bunch. Most rx's lose their umpf after a while - how about oxy?