• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone hydrochloride and beer?

CqDude

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on here, so please take it easy ;-)

This morning I injured my lower back and recieved an inflammatory injection and was given one endone (5mg I think).
Now that was roughly 4 and a half hours ago. Since then I've had 2 fast acting panadol.
My question is am I ok to have a couple of beers spread out over the evening? (I've got 6 cold beers in the fridge).
I dont plan on having another endone tonight. I wouldnt be too fussed besides the fact that for the last few months Ive been drinking at least 3-4 standard drinks a night and then roughly 12 on weekends.
I didnt drink any alcohol last night and so tonight I am fanging for a beer!!
Ive already had half a stubby. I thought I would check and see if I'm sweet before I finished the beer.

Would greatly appreciate some help.

PS: I realise this has probably been covered plenty of times, but my mind wont be at ease until I get a response based on my info.

Cheers ;-)

Ps:ps

Am I just being really paranoid?? Ive only had 1 endone hours ago and I'm only going to drink at the very most 6 beers??

5mg Oxycodone is a pretty small dose and you seem to have a tolerance to alcohol, so I think 1-2 beer would be no problem, but you should drink slowly because alcohol and opioids can lead to increased CNS depression and thus leading to respiratory depression.
In addition panadol (acetaminophen) and alcohol are a bad idea because iirc both get metabolized by the same enzyme in the liver thereby leading to increased toxicity
My advice for you would be to not drink tonight if possible. Do you get withdrawal if you don't drink ?

5mg Oxycodone is a pretty small dose and you seem to have a tolerance to alcohol, so I think 1-2 beer would be no problem, but you should drink slowly because alcohol and opioids can lead to increased CNS depression and thus leading to respiratory depression.
In addition panadol (acetaminophen) and alcohol are a bad idea because iirc both get metabolized by the same enzyme in the liver thereby leading to increased toxicity
My advice for you would be to not drink tonight if possible. Do you get withdrawal if you don't drink ?
Thanks for the quick reply.
Righto, that sounds fair enough. I just finished my first beer. I'll leave it at that for now I think haha.
Might have a nightcap later on tonight which shouldn't be a drama? Couple of hours between drinks.
Btw how long will 5mg last in my system?

Yeah, sounds good.
I think the effects should be present between 3,5-7 hours, the half life is between 4-6 hours I think.

Thanks for your help kleinerkliffer ;-)
After consideration I don't think I need the second beer!
Cheers