• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone Hydrochloride 20mg

SkyeWaters

Greenlighter
Hi, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this. I wanted to know If crushing Oxycodone Hydrochloride 20mg and snorting it is dangerous to an opioid intolerant person, I've messed around a bit with fentanyl patches and the outcomes have never been that great (just sleep and sick for a day) I'm assuming I have no built tolerance as I don't consistently touch the patches. If snorting the mentioned drug has a high chance of being lethal then I will avoid doing so however I've read that the high from it is good and it's as strong as morphine so I'm assuming if I've tried the fentanyl patches then this drug shouldn't really harm me at all. I know my knowledge is flawed and that's why I don't wanna go off my own assumptions when they're most likely wrong, also I was considering adding alcohol into the mix with this drug to see if it would enhance it in any way. Any advice about the drug and it's lethality would be appreciated, I don't want to try it and realise I made a mistake when it's too late.

It won't be lethal but it might cause a very uncomfortable experience. 20mg of oxy is a pretty high dose for someone who isn't tolerant. Definitely don't add alcohol to the mix, that is just asking for a bad time.

I would start at half the pill, 10mg. If you feel like that is too weak then you can take 20mg next time. This is all assuming the pills you have are real and aren't pressed fent.

I will just add that nobody can guarantee you that it is not dangerous for you. Every action that involves potent opioids (or other potent substances) carries a dose of risk. I would echo the advice that you take 10mg, and if it's not enough - don't redose. Wait few days and up the dose to 15mg. Again don't redose, and next time go for the 20mg if lower doses are not satisfying you.

I know that I am talking about doing opioids multiple times and that by itself is not good harm reduction advice. But it seems that you are intending to use opioids, and were using fent, and with that in equation I am proposing that course of action for 2 reasons:

1) Taking 20mg of oxycodone if you are virtually opioid naive at this point could push you into non fatal OD territory, with nausea, vomiting and possibility of thought "have I overdose?" arising in your head. That is not a fun experience and is the first reason why you should take less. This was already written by "falsehypo".

2) It is very easy to push your tolerance up and I would advise that you try not to. Find out what is the minimum dose that is getting you where you wanna be and stay there for long as possible. That way you save money and your health in the long run.

Speaking of long runs please reconsider taking opioids for getting high. This class of drugs has the tendency to lure you in and make you think you don't have a problem until is too late.

Also don't combine opioids with any other CNS depressing agent, alcohol very much included. And from what I gathered oral oxycodone is ~50% more potent than morphine. I was using both and agree with this calculation (your body may respond differently). It is just that oxycodone is comparatively less sedating than morphine. Don't let that fool you.

Welcome to Bluelight @SkyeWaters ! Please give feedback how it all went, and stick around this place. You won't regret it. :)

OP I have not heard of many non-tolerant users that start their opiate journey with fentanyl patches - just an interesting point.

If you are concerned why not start with 10mg wait around an hour and if you are not feeling dizzy and are enjoying it you can do another 10.

The most likely thing to wreck a high early on in opiate use is nausea which is probably the most 99% of people would have to worry about at a dosage of 20mg oxy .
When I occasionally buy heroin i feel like it's not any good or I didn't do enough if I don't throw up. I guess that grows on you over time like being itchy, lol.

Oxycodone on its own is actually rather difficult to overdose on. Usually people combine xanax with the devil, or drinking lots of alcohol to pass out and never wake up :( It's actually quite hard to overdose on oxycodone alone. You'd have to take a lot (lots of milligrams above your usual dose).

Be careful with fent patches! You don't want to push it with fent because unless you trust your tolerance (from being a massive unpleasant drug addict for a very long time) fent is not a glamorous way to go out. You just die after a brief nod. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone from accidentally chewing more of the patch than intended. Oxy can be pushed a bit (with caution and steady doses added here and there), but fent is to be respected. There's no point in getting high if you die, lol. That's not very fun at all. Fent can't be toyed with like the heroin nod. I actually love fent recreationally but it's really scary.... I've come close to the "this doesn't feel good at all am I going to die?" point. Unfortunately my friend recorded that on camera and I do not look like a fun druggie.