• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone has limited effects

Joseph_

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,
I tried oxycodone 40 mg (orally, crushed) for the first time last week. I expected a euphoric or good feeling but all I got was a below average numbing effect and a great sleep.:?
Is this normal for first time users? Does oxy have any cumulative effects over time? Do I need to increase dosage to say, 80 or 120 mgs per dose. I also read that someone OD'd on 120 mgs. I am really confused. Please help :)

Hi was this your first time taking an opiod (painkiller) to get some kind of euphoric feeling?

because IME most people who try opiates/opiods just once for shits and giggles are kinda dissapointed. I felt nothing except a slight itch the first time I took an opiate. Now I think about opiates/opiods more than about sex. Consider yourself lucky and move on , as soon as you figure out what the feeling is all about you will probably start to wander on the road that leads to addiction.

Also most people who enjoy opiates are suffering from something , might be as little as stress or as much as severe pain they relieve everything but are not in your face euphoric like stimulants and psychedelics can be.

The best thing that can happen to you is not to enjoy it,why would you try it again? Count your blessing and go through door number 2 which most certainly has a happier ending then the one that a life long opiate addiction that has nothing to offer but broken dreams and misery!!!

Hi was this your first time taking an opiod (painkiller) to get some kind of euphoric feeling?
Also most people who enjoy opiates are suffering from something , might be as little as stress or as much as severe pain they relieve everything but are not in your face euphoric like stimulants and psychedelics can be.
Yeah, this was my first time on an opiate; hence the disappointment since a moderately high initial dose like 40 mg had no effect. I have severe depression and I think oxy helped a bit, but not a permanent solution. So I can see how this can lead to dependency.

The best thing that can happen to you is not to enjoy it,why would you try it again? Count your blessing and go through door number 2 which most certainly has a happier ending then the one that a life long opiate addiction that has nothing to offer but broken dreams and misery!!!
After hearing similar addiction stories in BL and elsewhere and the high cost of oxy, I am definitely laying off of it. :)

It will relieve your depression for awhile but in the end it will have you wanting to put a gun in your mouth. Please seek other options,I know how crippling depression can be and I empathize ith you. Have you tried medical mj?

After hearing similar addiction stories in BL and elsewhere and the high cost of oxy, I am definitely laying off of it. :)
Smart man! I wish I would've been as smart about 20yrs ago. I've wasted 2 decades and I've lost the ambition to do anything else, don't let it happen to u op, it's definitely not worth it... Good luck and god bless!

Damn first time I had a roxy I did half (15mg) and it was probably the most euphoric feeling I've ever had (for like 1-2 hours)

Gave my brother the same amount one day and he said it was very underwhelming. I guess it just depends on the person.

This my friend is sense. I'm glad you see it this way, if only we all did.

Stay safe.

You must have some genetic mutation or something that makes you either immune to the effects of opioids or super tolerant. Either way, 40mg is a VERY high dose for someone who never took an opiate before. My one friend was puking his guts out for 12 hours off of half an (old) oc20. And speaking of OC's, or OP's now, was that the drug you took??? Cos they have a crazy wax gel matrix to make them far less abuseable (and make it's effects have a duration of 12+ hours instead of 4 hours) and that could be the reason you felt little more than tiredness.

Either way, you made the right decision and saved yourself a lifetime of hellish pain and suffering. I would kill to go back in time ten years to my first 15mg's of hydrocodone, and flush those demons down the toiler where they belong. BIG UPS my brother!!!!!!! : )

It's just not some peoples cup of tea. You could keep using it and get physically addicted but I suspect you still wouldn't enjoy it. But who knows? When I got IV dilaudid I hated it when I had my first cup of poppy tea (first opiate ever) it was like "whoah, where have you been all my life?"

You could also be a rapid metaboliser or something.

most opioids need to be taken on a regular basis before people recognize them as euphoriants (or taking them in a situation outside of accepted medical usage)

Different people react differently to different opiates. I've had iv morphine (in a medical setting) more than once and it never did that much for me other than pain relief and sedation. Very content feeling, but little if any euphoria. The oxy script I got after, however, got me super high. But as mentioned already in this thread, opiates generally aren't that fun recreationally at first, at least not the ones that are most commonly prescribed. It was after a week or two that I really started enjoying the oxycodone, and I was on a pretty hefty dose for my size at the time. But if you have all the signs that it's working (itch, pinpoint pupils) and not euphoria, chances are it just doesn't mesh with your brain chemistry like it does for others.

On a similar note as the op's:
My first time taking oxy I took 20 mg. It did almost literally nothing. Then I tried 40 on a dead empty stomach. It was... closer, but not really what I'd expected. Next time I took 80, and that was fantastic, and was exactly what I was expecting. But from what I've read, 80 mg seems like an awful lot for someone with no previous experience. But 80 hits a sweet spot for me. Is it possible that opiates just don't affect me as much?