• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OXYCODONE GENERICS IN DEPTH INPURITY REPORT READ THIS!

Have you noticed a difference in different generics by manufacturer ( color and imprint)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentftw

Bluelighter
Quick intro, There is a massive difference between certain generics of oxycodone 10/325 depending on the manufacturer. Yes i know that all the doctors and the dea and fda say they are exactly the same. Although we know this not to be the truth. Post your thoughts as well lets get a discussion going because this is a huge issue that is denied by the medical community.

EDIT- This is not about BRANDS versus generics, its about GENERICS ONLY BY DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS (color and imprint indicate the manufacturer)

Pill Imprint A333- Manufacturer- ACTAVIS- i used to get these pills about 2 years ago, and before ever thinking that manufacturers mattered. I always would take my regular dose as i had two suppliers one was another mfg. When i would take these pills, same dose. I Would ALWAYS say to myself . "These pills are for whatever reason MUCH stronger and effective than the other generics.

These pills have disappeared from my area, called 14 pharmacies and none have them.

The next most common in my area is MALINKRODT 10/325 imprint M523. These are decent and get the job done for the most part but i miss the actavis generics.

HERES THE ABSOLUTE WORST TRASH IMAGINABLE. MFG-CAMBER 10/325 IMPRINT T-194

I got these last week and would take my normal dose, barely feel anything and get splitting headaches, I went to another forum and pain patients who had very many different generics over the years 99% universally had a pattern of same opinion. ACTAVIS A333 were EXTREMELY effective. I thought wow this is legit, as i always thought those were the strongest before ever thinking different generics were any different, or reading any forums about it,

And these cambers WERE UNIVERSALLY hated by almost 98% of over 80 posters reporting on them. Malinkrodt M523 ranked somewhere in the middle. Watson was also Ranked close to Actavis. Watson are Imprinted WATSON 932 and are a circular round tablet but are 10/325 acetaminophen despite the shape being more similar to the uncombined oxycodone only tablets.

I have had the Watsons a very few times (just a handful of pills not a whole script bottle) and they reminded me of the a333s in terms of strength.

This is not (in our heads) We are not Crazy, this is hundreds upon hundreds of reports from chronic pain patients that CONFIRMED what i THOUGHT on my own which these generics simply by feeling the stronger effects of different generics at the same dosages.

Its also completely insane that when you call pharmacies to ask what manufacturer they have, i did have luck in them telling me, but you could hear the tone of their voice that they think your some kind of crazy junkie or planning a robbery. Like its Taboo.

If you buy any other product, you like to know the brand/manufacturer of the product why is it taboo to ask who manufactures these medications? CAMBER is from India, ACTAVIS was located in new jersey, USA. yea. India makes shit quality meds that's kind of a well known fact isn't it?

Post your thoughts /comments on your experience with different manufacturers or tell me im insane and its all in my head any opinion is welcome.

Last edited:
Each box will say the actual amount of drug, my current Oxy 20mg says clearly 18mg active drug. Shortec is what I describe. My Lynlor says 19mg so what ya gonna do

It's differnent for every type of Generic Medication for example I read online before switching over to 0.5MG Roche Rivotril Brand Name instead of the PMS-Clonazepam Canadian Generic Brand but Actavis just do a simple google of search of anyone who hast taken "Actavis" Brand Clonazepam and they all claim it did nearly nothing or absolutely nothing. On the other hand I saw Mylan GABAPentin is great but discontinued now and I get it in the Generic ones... yet I read about people claiming Mylan Brand Clonazepam sucks.

I don't know why this happening they are so many theories such as Generic unlike Brand Names are allowed to be slightly less of medication or slightly more but they tend to put less in it for cost saving purposes.

Before experiencing for example I got some APO-Diazepam a Canadian Generic and taking 2 or even 4 at one time does barely anything if I try and skip a dose and use the Generic Diazepam yet my Brand Name Mogadon - Nitrazepam 10MG Pills if I take only one of the 10MG Nitrazepam Mogadon Brand it will get rid of any withdrawal on top of adding a "whoa!" feeling of anxiety relief since I assume it is more hypnotic is the reason I strongly believe it somehow takes 2MG of the PMS Generic brand just to get the same effect but weaker that 10MG of the Mogadon Brand Name Nitrazepam gives Me.

Each box will say the actual amount of drug, my current Oxy 20mg says clearly 18mg active drug. Shortec is what I describe. My Lynlor says 19mg so what ya gonna do

This labeling refers to the difference between the oxycodone HCl weight, and the oxycodone base weight. The hydrochloride part of the oxycodone salt has a small portion of weight as inactive HCl. The 18 mg is the oxycodone base drug unbonded to HCl. The 20 mg is the Oxycodone HCl. Same exact thing in terms of active drug.

I’ve noticed this as well with Suboxone brand name vs generic versions. I went into withdrawal and had to take x4 as much while still not getting the same relief. The headache was the worst part, it was like a huge pressure that would last a few hours.

Soon as I got my brand name again I was back to normal.

I’ve researched this a bit and my guess is either polymorphism or impurities making it through that aren’t being caught by whatever agency regulates this type of shit. If there is truly no significant difference in purity or dosage like most say, then it’s gotta be polymorphism.

I’ll get more into this later when got time, but pharmaceuticals can be greatly effected by polymorphism.

-GC

I just got some Camber 30mg oxy. I have to say, I’m disappointed with them. What a waste of money!

Definitely a difference!
My pharmacist got a different brand of 30 mg MS Contin one month (they were yellow) and they sucked!
I was sneezing like crazy and obviously in withdrawal.
I called my pharmacist and tried to take them back!

My pharmacist apologized and told me that he was just trying to save us all a little money and that I had not been the only one who had called! In fact, he called my doctor and let him know. It was bad and we were all stuck with those yellow pills for the entire month.

The weird part was after the month was through and I got changed back to the usual brand, I was having weird cravings and some withdrawal from those yellow ones. I was wondering if they were actually something like Fentanyl or something.
I have been much more careful and paying attention to the brand/ color/ markings now!

Quick intro, There is a massive difference between certain generics of oxycodone 10/325 depending on the manufacturer. Yes i know that all the doctors and the dea and fda say they are exactly the same. Although we know this not to be the truth. Post your thoughts as well lets get a discussion going because this is a huge issue that is denied by the medical community.

EDIT- This is not about BRANDS versus generics, its about GENERICS ONLY BY DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS (color and imprint indicate the manufacturer)

Pill Imprint A333- Manufacturer- ACTAVIS- i used to get these pills about 2 years ago, and before ever thinking that manufacturers mattered. I always would take my regular dose as i had two suppliers one was another mfg. When i would take these pills, same dose. I Would ALWAYS say to myself . "These pills are for whatever reason MUCH stronger and effective than the other generics.

These pills have disappeared from my area, called 14 pharmacies and none have them.

The next most common in my area is MALINKRODT 10/325 imprint M523. These are decent and get the job done for the most part but i miss the actavis generics.

HERES THE ABSOLUTE WORST TRASH IMAGINABLE. MFG-CAMBER 10/325 IMPRINT T-194

I got these last week and would take my normal dose, barely feel anything and get splitting headaches, I went to another forum and pain patients who had very many different generics over the years 99% universally had a pattern of same opinion. ACTAVIS A333 were EXTREMELY effective. I thought wow this is legit, as i always thought those were the strongest before ever thinking different generics were any different, or reading any forums about it,

And these cambers WERE UNIVERSALLY hated by almost 98% of over 80 posters reporting on them. Malinkrodt M523 ranked somewhere in the middle. Watson was also Ranked close to Actavis. Watson are Imprinted WATSON 932 and are a circular round tablet but are 10/325 acetaminophen despite the shape being more similar to the uncombined oxycodone only tablets.

I have had the Watsons a very few times (just a handful of pills not a whole script bottle) and they reminded me of the a333s in terms of strength.

This is not (in our heads) We are not Crazy, this is hundreds upon hundreds of reports from chronic pain patients that CONFIRMED what i THOUGHT on my own which these generics simply by feeling the stronger effects of different generics at the same dosages.

Its also completely insane that when you call pharmacies to ask what manufacturer they have, i did have luck in them telling me, but you could hear the tone of their voice that they think your some kind of crazy junkie or planning a robbery. Like its Taboo.

If you buy any other product, you like to know the brand/manufacturer of the product why is it taboo to ask who manufactures these medications? CAMBER is from India, ACTAVIS was located in new jersey, USA. yea. India makes shit quality meds that's kind of a well known fact isn't it?

Post your thoughts /comments on your experience with different manufacturers or tell me im insane and its all in my head any opinion is welcome.
I saw your post and had to reply. I take 20mg oxycodone IR and if I get the Rhodes Pharmaceutical brand my legs swell up. I called them, did some research and found they are part of Purdue. Don't know what is causing the issue but I assume it is filler related as they are bigger than other brands of same dose.

Oh yeah there can be a huge difference between brand and generic and from a generic brand to another. Pharmacists will repeat ad neauseum that they are all the same but it is just not the case. Most people who swiches brand notices it.

I know nothing of oxys specifically but I have a great pharmacist, he explained that on occasion the generic version of any med Can be very different simply because they’re using different binding agents etc that can cause a chemical reaction with whatever drug in them.

Then of course there’s your own sensitivity to said agents, that’d be causing the headaches and adverse affects .

I know you said you’re not referring to generic vs brand but I’m thinking this theory is still plausible in that each manufacturer would use different binding agents etc too.

Definitely a difference!
My pharmacist got a different brand of 30 mg MS Contin one month (they were yellow) and they sucked!

My pharmacist apologized and told me that he was just trying to save us all a little money and that I had not been the only one who had called! In fact, he called my doctor and let him know. It was bad and we were all stuck with those yellow pills for the entire month.

The weird part was after the month was through and I got changed back to the usual brand, I was having weird cravings and some withdrawal from those yellow ones. I was wondering if they were actually something like Fentanyl or something.
I have been much more careful and paying attention to the brand/ color/ markings now!
sneezing oh my lord that and the yawning, i get the yawning so damn bad from opi wd. arf the time i went 29 hours without a dose i think i yawned for 18 hours every 5minutes, ah brings back such fond memories, withdrawal is always so fun.

I'm feeling constipated just looking at this.

For real though Longtec 80mg is my favourite. I also remember getting the Napp OxyContin brand back at uni ahhhh the days when 20mg would have me nodding fuckin' hell. But anyway they're identical to Longtec they just changed the brand name for the UK market when it became generic. Q-Dem and Napp are both owned by Purdue.

Actavis ones IIRC have some kind of OP-like anti-abuse mechanism? And those Torrent OX40's gum up in your nose too. But the OX's that got diverted were a dodgy batch anyway.

Sandoz generics are just as good as Longtec though.

The reason for these differences is because of different time release mechanisms. I have to say that when comparing regular IR pills I've never noticed any difference in potency between generics. For example diazepam - I've had Actavis, Teva, and Crescent, and aside from Actavis having cool blister packs there's no actual difference.

Absolutely mate, all our OC’s leave the same conveyor belt. The OX’s are weird, as Oxeltras have a slight clumping in liquid, like a prototype, but the others don’t. Very odd!!

Definitely a difference!

Yellow MS Contins are always 10mg not 30mg. Not sure about the US but in the UK all 12 hour morphine brands follow the same colour code..10mg = Yellow, 30mg = Purple/Pinkish colour, 60mg = Orange, 100mg = White/greyish colour etc..

I think you may have been given 10mg ones by mistake.