• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone Exhaustion... forever?

XoTillWeOverdose

Bluelighter
Hey friends! Hope everyone reading is doing well.

For the past few months, I've been prescribed Oxycodone for a variety of health issues I'm dealing with. Before the oxycodone, I was prescribed hydrocodone. However upon a major surgery and a building tolerance, even my pain management doctor knew hydrocodone wasn't going to cut it without me even saying anything. I'm wondering about the side effects from oxy. Last month when I took them, I didn't notice too much exhaustion. However I took about 2 weeks off because of a horrible flu and couldn't keep anything down. Since I've started taking them again, I'm EXHAUSTED. Did my tolerance seriously go away in 2 weeks? I don't remember being this tired from them. Does anyone know if this is normal or if in a week or so I'll stop getting so wiped after taking them? This is ridiculous and even though I'm in agony, I also hate sleeping my whole day away in order to find relief. Thank you for reading, I appreciate hearing anything you can share on this. My best to all of you.

How long have you been taking opiates? 2-3 months? Even though you might feel better, your body is still probably trying to recover from the flu. So taking them, might make you feel tired.

Does your pain seem to feel much better after you take the medicine now, as compared to before the flu? Or does it feel the same? It usually takes quite a bit longer, for tolerance back down, but if you haven't been taking them for a long time, it's possible that your tolerance might have lowered.

When you've been taking opiates for a long time they have the opposite effect you described. They give you energy and when you dont take them you feel like your body is made of lead and you can't do anything.

Some ppl metabolize them differently so effects may vary from person to person.

Can you take caffeine with it?

How long have you been taking opiates? 2-3 months? Even though you might feel better, your body is still probably trying to recover from the flu. So taking them, might make you feel tired.

Does your pain seem to feel much better after you take the medicine now, as compared to before the flu? Or does it feel the same? It usually takes quite a bit longer, for tolerance back down, but if you haven't been taking them for a long time, it's possible that your tolerance might have lowered.

Yeah my pain definitely is better after I take the medication. My exhaustion is getting somewhat better, it could have just been my body getting used to them after a few weeks not taking them. Thanks so much for responding :)

When you've been taking opiates for a long time they have the opposite effect you described. They give you energy and when you dont take them you feel like your body is made of lead and you can't do anything.

Some ppl metabolize them differently so effects may vary from person to person.

Can you take caffeine with it?

I've actually started drinking coffee and it really helps :) I appreciate your feedback!