• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone er questions

Rusty Shackleford

Greenlighter
I'm a chronic pain patient who still works in construction .I've tried various things and oxy is the only thing I can work on .with all the new laws they can't prescribe you two fast acting drugs but can prescribe 1 fast acting and one extended release. what I'm wondering is if I could take my regular oxy during the day and in the evening take 1 oxy er to cover me through the night so I sleep better .I've been trying to figure out and can't find if oxy er will work once a day or if it has to build up in your system over several days to do anything thanks for any input just researching stuff before my next appointment thanks

I currently get prescribed both. In my personal opinion, the extended release doesn’t really get you “high” esp if you are use to taking other opiates. It will take away aches n pains in the right dose. What is suppose to happen if you get prescribed both is, you take the er usually 1-2 times a day and it’s suppose to handle any normal pain. Then if you experience any “break through pain” or sudden pain, you tak your normal oxy, instance release and that takes care of any additional pain. So yes, you could take an extended release during the night, and that would hold you through the night (once getting the correct dose amount)

Love is right but more than likely you'll get prescribed the ER 2x a day, as most ER's are 12 hour pills. So yes, you'll use the IR pills for BT, otherwise your ER meds should do the bulk of the heavy lifting. Good Luck!

Im given Morphine ER, which i take when its severe, otherwise im rxd Hydromorphone ER 3 times daily, oxy IR for breakthrough pain i take all 3 of the hydros in the AM and oxy throughout the day works like a charm, and on severe days when morphine doesnt work, crack does

I also usually have an oxy during the night ( no need for an ER med for night)

I used to take Oxycodone ER and I found it didn't last the full 12 hours. The most I'd get out of a single ER tablet was about 8 hours max. So I switched to IR which works much better for me. I'm on 120mg daily and my doctor said I can either take 40mg 3x a day or 30mg 4x a day. I take the former.. 40mg in the morning, 40mg in the afternoon, and 40mg at night. Plus IR seems to give better relief as the whole dose enters your blood stream at once.