• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone dosage

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

You can skip all this to my questions at the botton. Been in chronic pain from a military incident decades ago. Have been on every opioid under the sun. Tramadol, Fentanyl and Bupe have been the least helpful. My doctor refused a Metabolism Test but those damn Fent patches lasted a mere 36 hours and then instant pain. Have a medical marijuana card and tried a Ketamine cream to no avail.

I voluntarily went on Suboxone for 4 years, leaving my old doctor in the process. He didn't have his license to prescribe it but I was led to believe it would manage my pain around the clock. Evil lies. Opana has helped in the past, I was prescribed Oxycontin 80MG 2x a day and Opana IR 20MG 4x a day for breakthru pain.

Recently, I was told that the maximum dosage of any painkiller is the equivalent of Morphine 90MG. My jaw dropped. Due to the high potency of Opana he didn't even want to prescribe it. He recommended Methadone to which I said no. He put me on Oxycodone 10MG 4x a day. He said the max was 60MG and since it has been years, maybe it would work well. It takes the pain from a 10 to a 7 but far from working well.

Two questions:

1) The instant relief is nice but it sucks it lasts only 2 hours or so. Would taking 20MG 2x a day be a smart alternative? Or even 30Mg 1x a day and 10MG to sleep? I can't function regardless so I just want any relief I can get.

2) Is the 90MG MME bullshit or true? If true, should I just tell him that I am not okay and request 15MG 4x a day? It was this or Methadone and while this isn't helping fully I do not want to be on any long acting medication ever again after nightmare Suboxone. Thanks in advance

The 30 and 10 of oxy will prob be the best way. Or hold off as long as you can and take the whole 40 later in the day .

sounds like you're in canada, the college of physicians are being sacks of shit re writing the rules, and i believe as of 2017 they made 90mg equivilent the highest reccomended prescribed opiate dose that doesn't go to say that your doctor can't prescribe more its more that he is unwilling as in simply does not want to. i was told the same thing and warned that because my doctor is retiring within the next few years quote on quote ' no other doctor is going to prescribe these at this level' to which i sunk into my seat

so to answer your question, No it is not true, however the guidelines are reccomending not to go beyond 90 on the basis that it creates dependency..... any amount of regular medication can create dependency.. and maybe your doctor is afraid to lose his license
at this point, if youre given an opiate i think you should consider yourself lucky, all the doctors are starting to become afraid to even give them out regardless of how much they would benefit the patient

being a daily opiate user for pain myself, if i were given the dose you have, id split it up by taking 20 when waking, and 10 at a time through the day

and if i were me with that dose, id take it all waking and then call my heroin dealer in the afternoon, i don't reccomend this =p

Last edited:
I had to split my methadone dose when i was on it because i metabolize to fast .
I would take 20 mg in the morning and 10mg in the afternoon and 10mg at bedtime. Splitting it up will keep a constant level in your bloodstream.
I wouldn't know about the prescribing laws in your country.
I do hope you get relief