• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone and kratom cross tolerance

PocketLady

Bluelighter
Back in the summer I was dosing 3-4g plain leaf Kratom and 1.2g UEI once or twice a week. I had been taking Kratom once or twice a week for nearly a year. My dose had increased somewhat, but not massively, unless I did it two days running. I tried taking Oxy for the first time towards the end of the summer. First I tried 15mg and the effects were quite mild. A couple of times I did 40mg with moderate effects, but still not massively high (better high from the UEI tbh). I'm in the UK and they were generics with time release so I chewed them up as much as I could.

Anyway, I haven't done any Kratom or Oxy for months, and I've now got hold of some OCs. I'm just wondering whether I should do 40mg again, or whether that might be too much now because of lack of tolerance from Kratom? Appreciate any opinions. Thanks :)

It could be too much. You should start lower and work your way up if it doesn't give you the effects you're looking for.

It sounds like you were never really an addict and after a couple months, your tolerance is probably at baseline or as low at will get. I would start with half that dose at most if I were you.

The oft said words of wisdom are that you can always take more, but you cant undo a dose. I doubt 40mg would cause an OD if it's the only drug youre taking, but you might experience some really unpleasant nausea and itching.

Thanks for the advice. I will try 20mg and see how I get on. Be interesting to see if my tolerance has now reset.