• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone/Aceptaminophen 10-325MG not helping

c5c6disc

Greenlighter
Apologies first if I have placed this in the wrong place. I am a bit crunched for time and have been trying to research this topic and stumbled across this site and it appears to have more info and an active audience/feedback group.

Quick background:
40 something male that, since my mid 20's, have only consumed drugs that could be bout over the counter in the USA. Somehow injured my spine doing next to nothing. Herniated disc with extrusion at C5,C6. I have seen ortho's and neurosurgeons, and laser surgeons. Due to insurance issues I had to start with epidural injections (series of 3) before I would qualify for surgery (remove disc and replace with a fake). Pain is a holy S.O.B...and nothing like I have felt before. Forced to go through epidural injections before surgery. Whole process took 5.5 weeks and although helped some, it has not done the trick. I now have 4-5 weeks before i can have the injured disc removed. 4 of 5.5 weeks of injections were supplemented with Oxycodone/Acet in the 10-325 dosage. Script was/is 3 per day..........

3 per day and the damn things last 2.5 to 3 hours tops. Does not completely get rid of pain but certainly helps...but 3 per day???? Had to break some in half as I went over my 3x a day, on several days using 4 or 5 per day. Told doc 1/2 way through that this was not helping get me through the day only small parts of any given day.

I see the doc tomorrow for a review of my prescription especially considering the epidurals helped only minimally and my condition seems to worsen with each day.

Is 30MG a day effective for pain management (i know it depends on each person...general question)? Do I have any right to request more than 3x pr day (would like to ask for 6/day)? If I do will he assume I have a habit now? Is Oxycodone the right drug...should I ask about anything else? The situation just seems odd to me and I am wondering if I am missing something. I did inquire half way through and told him my pain was getting way out in front of the meds and he said he could not adjust the script until the first 30 days were up (given 90 pills for 30 days).

Thank you.

oxycodone is a relatively short acting opioid, that a dose only lasts ~3 hours is not a surprise

Consider adding NSAIDs or cannabinoids for additional pain control. Increasing opioid dose won't help for long.