• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone (30M) weird effects

I think because of the stigma associated with oxycontin abuse many insurance companies shy away from it especially when it's prescribed at anything less than q12h dosing. My insurance won't cover it, but they DO cover zohydro (wtf) even though it's "brand new" and def not generic for a long time... Might check with your insurance and see if that's the case with them too and ask your pdoc

That's such bullshit, if that's the case. I was actually told it was because they just started making them with the new formula (Hisingla?) I think it's called. I think they own the patent to the forumla or some crap like that. It's when they switched from the OCs to now it's the OPs, whereas the OC had just a minor coating that could be scrapped off to get to the Oxy with no problems. It's supposed to be "tamper proof" now, but I know there is always a workaround. Because they have the timed release formula thoroughly mixed in with the drug. I actually paid full price for the OPs recently, thinking my insurance would cover me on the way back, but boy was I wrong. Normally I have a $2 co-pay. It was like $756 for them without my insurance... And what's funny is, OCs/OPs, whatever, the OPs worked fine for me, as I was not trying to abuse them. Jesus was that a nice few weeks where I could just take a 40mg pill and be good for an ACTUAL 4-5 hours. That's the first time an ER med as ever worked that well for me. I felt a little loopy, but damn if it didn't hold up the full 4 hours, which was nice to be able to sleep for longer than a few hours again. That's why it's such bullshit, is for the people with legit issues, who aren't trying to abuse them, need them, and can't afford what our insurances won't cover. I heard there is actually a "big thing" going on on about it now, in congress or something, they are trying to get a bill passed (or whatever) that says insurance companies HAVE to cover it, since it now has this new formula, which meets all of their requirements for allowing the drug to continue to be made. So very frustrating. If only I could afford a monthly payment that's literally almost twice what I pay for rent. Unreal. It just sucks so much that IR meds only ever last like an hour or less for me now. 8-12 hours my ass, they've never NEVER worked that well for me. But still, I'll happily take the solid 4-5 hours everytime. /vent over, sorry

Got my Xanax back, 1mg, up to x2 a day. I break em in half. Gonna see if I notice any differences, now that I have a benzo again. I have x3 refills, so I should be ok to tapper them this time. And hopefully my Oxys start working again, lol.

Yeah, I took half a Xanax about 4 hours ago, slept for 2, woke up and went to get my script of Zofran? for the nausea from Oxys at that does. Just took a 200mg advil and x2 30mg roxys, 35 mins later, and I'm slowly starting to feel it come back to me. Glad it wasn't something more serious. Although, I'm pretty upset with myself over how many 30's I feel I wasted before getting to this point lol. I probably even fucked up my tolerance a little. Sigh. Might have to cut back a little while, to get back to where x1 30 would get me feelin good.

The Oxy will slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY take the edge off benzo withdrawal.

But, overall benzo withdrawal is the meaning of living in hell, don't cold turkey benzos you can die.

Right now I think lowering your dose will help you a lot, be careful mixing opiates and benzos because people are not lieing when they say it's deadly.

Ok, now I'm a little concerned. I thought 60mg was coming on strong, and then it just didn't. So, I waited another hour and a half, and took another 60. An hour after that, still nothing. Just took half a xanax, to see if that does anything. This is REAL weird now. I can't believe (Like literally don't believe) that my tolerance has changed that drastically. I did stop vaping weed, around the same time as the last K-Pin, but don't think that had anything to do with this...

I'm sitting here, racking my brain trying to figure out wtf is going on with these OXYs. The only conclusion that I'm getting is, the Mallinkrodts are mixed up, as fslink alluded too. The only way I can think of testing this, is that I get x60 15's on Thursday, and will have to judge the potency on those. I will also mention this to the pharmacy when I'm there. I've never had this happen, or ever would have guessed it was something that could happen to me. I believe in it happening, just..wow. I don't know what to say, I feel like I hit the shittiest lottery ever LOL. 50k pills, and I happen to have possibly gotten some. My guess might even be that some of my pills ARE real 30s, just mixed in with the "5s" that fslink mentioned, possibly? Ugh, this sucks. I knew there was no way my tolerance had climbed that high in a few days, coming off the K-Pins or not, it still didn't even make sense. I'll keep everyone posted, as I'm sure all of you are on the edge of your seats waiting to find out the truth like me...hahaha. NO but really, thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions, and those that are helping to speculate with me, haha.

-P

Oh boy, I love me some ondansetron, even more than metoclopramide, two of em and I could eat a pound of oxy and not hurl lol. On topic, while you may have gotten some bad ones or all bad ones, PLEASE don't take more than your tolerance Should be at this point (no more than 40-60mg at a time) with the new batch while testing them, if they are going to work, they will work at that dose, anything more and you're asking to be put on the memorial wall. Good luck though, I really hope you get back on track with your pain dude.

Oh boy, I love me some ondansetron, even more than metoclopramide, two of em and I could eat a pound of oxy and not hurl lol. On topic, while you may have gotten some bad ones or all bad ones, PLEASE don't take more than your tolerance Should be at this point (no more than 40-60mg at a time) with the new batch while testing them, if they are going to work, they will work at that dose, anything more and you're asking to be put on the memorial wall. Good luck though, I really hope you get back on track with your pain dude.

Thank you! I really appreciate it! Yeah, I can't take 90, that's the point where my stomach and my mind feel like it's an overload, and just a waste. Still, I just wish they lasted longer. As I'm sure does everyone. I hope you have your stuff squared away too! I'll keep everyone posted Thurs, when I get the 15s. Take care! <3

So, I got my 120 15's today, they didn't have enough of one manufacturer to give me all 120 of the same. SO, I got about half and half of these two:

(113 - Peach - Mylan Pharm.) (214 A - Green - Actavis)

So far, I took x2 of the Mylans and the "come-on" was definitely better than what I've experienced with x1 M30. Sigh, I don't know if the active ingredients (fillers) could also have something to do with it, does anyone know any "major" differences between what's in the three different brands? Otherwise, it looks like it might be what we previously discusses, with the possible mix-up of levels of Oxy in the different brands (The M30s possibly having a mix of 5mg-30mg of actual Oxy in them). I just don't know what I can really do about it at this point. Just because I had to wait a week before I got the 15s, to test my theories. Has anyone had experience in something like this, that can advise? The week in between meds, just worries me, that they won't accept them back for a swap. Thanks guys!