• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy withdrawals

Dys0rdeR

Greenlighter
Hi all. Don't have too many posts, but have been a long time lurker as I'm sure many have been. I just have a quick question and I think this is the best place to ask.
I've been off and on taking oxy in the form of percs and roxys. I go without it half the time, but am constantly on something like tramadol to replace it. I am not going to have anything (opiate-wise) for a while. I may be able to get some methadone pills, but that is it. I have about a 90 mg a day oxy habit when I have them, (about 15 days out of the month, like I said half the time). I normally have trammies or some sort of benzo to come off them and have never felt that bad.
Been doing this for about a year. Should I check myself into a rehab clinic? I know I have a problem with substances, but I don't wanna go that route just because of that alone. I've been to rehab for alcohol abuse about 4 times and I know all about addiction, so I won't learn anything and I know that opiate w/ds can't be fatal. I can tolerate a lot of pain. The reason I switched to opiates is because it seems to be the only thing that helps my PTSD and depression (I'm a former Marine who was in Fallujah). I am in a position where I can get some methadone pills, but I want to get off these oxys for sure.
The most I ever take is 30 mg at once (but I've been taking about 160 mg a day for the last 10 days), so I'm wondering what kind of withdrawals I'm in for and if I need to get these methadone pills or not. I have gotten drunk and done some coke tonight to distract myself and so far it is working. I know that isn't ideal, but it's something to ease the pain nevertheless. Anyone have any advice? I don't want to do any more oxy. Don't think I can get benzos. I think I am starting to feel like shit. (I can handle that, but just saying) It's been about 30 hours since my last dose of oxy. I was stupid to have started abusing this drug, I know. Any advice please? How do people keep up this habit? It is so damn expensive, lol. I guess I'm lucky that I can't, I have seen posts with people saying they've done doses that just blow my mind, but still it feels not that great. Just looking for anyone with advice on how to kick this shit. It doesn't do anything for me anymore and it needs to go.
Thanks a lot, guys.

If you have the means, inpatient rehab can be very useful. My advice, if you decide to go back to treatment, is to stay as long as possible, something like 90 days. The more time you have away from your drug using life, the more time your body has to not only heal physically, but to set different habits into your brain that don't include using.

I do wish I had more advice to give you. Tbh, I used to abuse alcohol and hard opioids and I never really have been able to quit using, I just switched over to kratom. It's much cheaper (than black market opioids at least) and allows me to actually have a life, but it certainly isn't as ideal as completely quitting would be.

The key is to truly want to quit. Rehab didn't work for me because as much as I knew I should quit, and as much as I told myself and other people that I wanted to quit, deep down I didn't. I still don't. What I did want was to have a reasonably successful life. Hence, kratom, which IMO is a much more manageable addiction. Now, I'm certainly not saying that you don't truly want to quit, I just know that I have definitely lied to myself about this in the past so it's just something to think about I guess.

I fear I haven't really helped very much, but I really hope things work out for you man. Keep posting and talking to other members and hopefully you'll find something that will help. There's a lot of good people here with a lot of good advice. Take care man.