• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxy tolerance

dynodavie

Bluelighter
Does anyone on here have a timeline of how long you have to be clean from oxycodone for ones tolerance to be back to baseline for say like a years use @ 200 mg a day for the last 3 months ?, thanks for you time in advance...

thanks for your reply been clean from opioids a while like a month but actually need them sometimes from my neck surgery

It's gonna take longer than a month for ur receptors to down-regulate back to equilibrium, we're talking many months.

Your tolerance will never return to “baseline” if you were on a daily dose of 200 mg a day for a long period chances are you will still always need that dose for relief or more.

This is true except for the first few days, for example if you were a year sober maybe 30-60 mg of oxy would work but very soon you would be back to your old levels.

please take my experience with a grain of salt and always start small and slow for overdose and harm reduction purposes.. but in my experience tolerance to opiates is semi permanent

I don't know how much need to lost tolerance but what I'm sure of that when the tolerance reach the baseline and you re take the drug the tolerance will sky rocket again in few days

This called tachyphylaxis you can search about it in Google
Yup. You have already modified your opioid receptors, and it is unlikely that they will ever truly return to normal. You'll get 1, maybe 2 or 3 uses that "feel" like you're back to how you started out, but it'll just shoot up again and return to your old tolerance.

Opioids cause Tachyphylaxis especially fast, just like for example Alcohol. An alcoholic, even if they have been clean for 10 years, would go back to their old tolerance in a day, maybe two.

I know I'm talking to a wall, when I say this, but: Your tolerance isn't that high yet, and maybe you should think about letting opioids go, before this spirals out of control. And you know it will, if you continue. Your body is already asking for a higher dose, and it will never stop asking. Even if you get clean, your body will ask for that same dose again and an even higher one very soon.