• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Oxy to Heroin. Dosage?

Anyone know how long it takes to OD after snorting heroin, or how long before I can determine that I'm safe. I snorted quite a bit of heroin because I didn't think it'd be effective as its #3, but it's hitting hard and I'm starting to nod and I'm kind of worried :(

is anyone around that can keep an eye on you? Usually fifteen minutes to a half hour?
if there isnt someone dial the first two digits of the emergency number for your area, and if you feel you are going to go into repertory failure dial the last number and hit send. Just keep your phone with those first to digits right by your hand.

is anyone around that can keep an eye on you? Usually fifteen minutes to a half hour?
Nope, just me. I do live with my parents, but I'm not waking them up to tell them to watch me to make sure I don't OD on heroin. They know I smoke pot and that's it, and I'd like to keep it that way haha. I'm not really nodding as hard anymore, so I think I'm in the clear. It's been about half an hour, which I also read is about how long it'd take, so I'm good I think. I appreciate the quick response though, thanks.

Anyone know how long it takes to OD after snorting heroin, or how long before I can determine that I'm safe. I snorted quite a bit of heroin because I didn't think it'd be effective as its #3, but it's hitting hard and I'm starting to nod and I'm kind of worried :(

if you are really in fear of ODing and are alone try to get in contact with someone (safest thing- get medical attention, but I know the fear of going to the hospital admitting what is going on etc.) so as a second best course of action- get into contact with someone so if you fall out there will be someone there. If you can't physically be around someone maybe call someone and tell them if they can no longer get a response from you, even calling back, something needs to be done. Usually if you can make it to where you aren't alone (and the person is someone who will get help if things go bad) your chances of ODing go WAY down.

Aside from that- don't go to sleep, force yourself to stay awake if you are worried. I've also heard by pushing yourself to keep moving as opposed to laying down it may be possible to stop a possible situation- but I'm not sure about this and if you are really intoxicated but not to the point of ODing you might still end up falling and hurting yourself (I once ripped one nostril off my face (they had to call in a plastic surgeon at the ER) by nodding off standing up and smashing my face off a desk.

ODs don't always happen immediately, even with IV use. Sometimes it could be like a whole hour later or maybe more.

if you are really in fear of ODing and are alone try to get in contact with someone (safest thing- get medical attention, but I know the fear of going to the hospital admitting what is going on etc.) so as a second best course of action- get into contact with someone so if you fall out there will be someone there. If you can't physically be around someone maybe call someone and tell them if they can no longer get a response from you, even calling back, something needs to be done. Usually if you can make it to where you aren't alone (and the person is someone who will get help if things go bad) your chances of ODing go WAY down.

Aside from that- don't go to sleep, force yourself to stay awake if you are worried. I've also heard by pushing yourself to keep moving as opposed to laying down it may be possible to stop a possible situation- but I'm not sure about this and if you are really intoxicated but not to the point of ODing you might still end up falling and hurting yourself (I once ripped one nostril off my face (they had to call in a plastic surgeon at the ER) by nodding off standing up and smashing my face off a desk.

ODs don't always happen immediately, even with IV use. Sometimes it could be like a whole hour later or maybe more.
Thanks, I'll wait the hour out and then go to sleep. I've been high off this stuff for 3-4 hours now since I snorted more after smoking too. Strangely enough after forcing myself not to nod out I'm not tired at all anymore. I don't want to miss out on all that lucid dreaming goodness, though, so I'll try to sleep anyway.

I just weighed it out before I go to sleep, and I somehow blew through 100mg in heroin tonight. Probably from smoking it wrong/inefficiently, but still...damn that's a lot more than I expected. Still cheaper than Oxy, though.

I'd also like to mention that I'm not entirely sure why heroin is so looked down upon. Maybe my fear of ODing affected my high, but I'd almost say I prefer Oxycodone because I like to nod so much. I'm almost positive that I can get the same effect with heroin though if I use more (effectively)...we'll see. Until then though the only thing heroin has on Oxy is the rush, because damn I was not expecting that.

Yeah heroin is kind of a let down once you have tried very potent opioid pills. It is similar to morphine however it doesn't degrade from heat, and hits you slightly faster through passing the BBB quicker. The only thing is, it trumps all opiate painkiller pills IV. The rush from Hydromorphone is pretty good, but it doesn't have the wheels on it that heroin does.

I don't suggest you IV. I would just work on your smoking technique. Once you have it down really well you will get some monster hits. It is also much harder to OD on smoking it. If you want to convert your #3 into #4 just add some vinegar and allow it to dry in a pyrex container. After dried scrape up the residue with a razor.

Yeah heroin is kind of a let down once you have tried very potent opioid pills. It is similar to morphine however it doesn't degrade from heat, and hits you slightly faster through passing the BBB quicker. The only thing is, it trumps all opiate painkiller pills IV. The rush from Hydromorphone is pretty good, but it doesn't have the wheels on it that heroin does.

I don't suggest you IV. I would just work on your smoking technique. Once you have it down really well you will get some monster hits. It is also much harder to OD on smoking it. If you want to convert your #3 into #4 just add some vinegar and allow it to dry in a pyrex container. After dried scrape up the residue with a razor.
Yeah I might convert it to #4 soon just because of the ease of use. Don't get me wrong smoking it is great, and the rush is really nice, but I don't want to go through 3x more heroin than I need to be due to bad technique haha. Plus I don't have to chase the high with snorting, its more of a one-and-done kind of deal (I'm honestly surprised snorting this #3 worked at all, let alone worked fairly well). As for IVing, man do i wish i could try that I can only imagine how amazing that rush is. BUT, I'm not going to. Because I don't want to get into injecting anything right now. Gotta try and stay true to my pre-addiction words.

Also, man does heroin have a weird flavor to it...

EDIT: Just a warning to others, I just looked at my posting history and realized it only took me a little over 1-2 months to go from abusing pharms to Heroin (living that minimum-wage life), although to me it feels like I've been using for over half a year, and it felt like I'd been dry trying to score some smack for months before I finally got my hands on some, so to anyone who comes across this be careful guys. Not that I believe heroin is honestly all that dangerous as long as you're smart about using, but still.

Last edited:
Basically I am saying all this because I can tell from your other threads and posts that you are a very smart young man. If you continue to use opiates, especially heroin it changes you. eventually you will hurt those that love you. I can tell you like the rush of smoking and its only a glimmer away from shooting up which becomes a very crazy situation fast. Good luck man, I know your going to make your own decisions, and I am glad you are here asking for safety tips...but I just thought sharing a piece of my story would help you understand what you are getting into.

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that abuse as a kid mate, that's a really sad situation that makes me angry, tearful and down right disgusted that someone would do that to a child.

It's really good advice manboychef, a great post, sharing experiences like that really can help others put their lives in perspective and could be the difference between living or dying. Take care Shadowstryker, still remain cautious though, I can tell your confidence is building as you work your way through that bag, if you do decide to take it from #3 to #4 heroin then be extra careful.

Enough of the "Parent" talk, it sounds like you have got some decent gear man, not sure if you described how it looks/feels and smells like but I would be interested to know. Take car SS! :)

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that abuse as a kid mate, that's a really sad situation that makes me angry, tearful and down right disgusted that someone would do that to a child.

It's really good advice manboychef, a great post, sharing experiences like that really can help others put their lives in perspective and could be the difference between living or dying. Take care Shadowstryker, still remain cautious though, I can tell your confidence is building as you work your way through that bag, if you do decide to take it from #3 to #4 heroin then be extra careful.

Enough of the "Parent" talk, it sounds like you have got some decent gear man, not sure if you described how it looks/feels and smells like but I would be interested to know. Take car SS! :)
The gear is a light brown powder, and the smell is...sterile? It's hard to explain, but it's similar to the smell of opening a box of bandaids or something. I didn't catch manboychef's post as I think he deleted it, but that's his choice I guess. I'd agree I'm definitely more confident. I plan on smoking more tonight and hopefully be able to not waste so much of it.

After holding the lighter to it the gear melts into a dark brown liquid that quickly hardens. How do I know when the gear can't be evaporated anymore? At one point I felt like I was just inhaling burning aluminum or something because I couldn't tell if it was the gear or foil burning.

So I smoked more tonight and I'm getting the technique down a little better I think. I also put a few drops of lemon juice on a spoon, a few drops of water, some heroin, and then heated it with my lighter until it started bubbling and then I snorted that. Do you think I properly converted my freebase heroin into a salt so that it snorts better?

I would not recommend heroin unless you plan on ruining your life with multiple felonies. If your intent on seeking the strongest opiate/opioid perhaps look into "legal" RC alternatives.

I would not recommend heroin unless you plan on ruining your life with multiple felonies. If your intent on seeking the strongest opiate/opioid perhaps look into "legal" RC alternatives.
I don't see myself ending up with multiple felonies just from using smack haha, and the only RCs i know of are all dosed in micrograms, and like I said I don't wish to do that for my own safety. I'm am buying some Etizolam tomorrow, though!

Does anyone know how long it takes to become physically addicted to heroin? I could go and use Oxycodone for a week straight and stop cold turkey without any ill effects. Is heroin the same way so it'd take a month of consecutive use give-or-take? I'm only using around 150mg heroin a night right now, but I'm smoking most of it (snorted probably 40-50mg) and probably heating the gear up too much on the foil due to poor-yet-improving technique, so I'm sure it all isn't making it into my system.

Last edited: