• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy OP 30 Question?

Also, the Neo takes longer than Percocet to kick in. For me, it's almost two full hours before I feel it, but I have digestive issues. You can count on it taking longer than your usual, though

the time release on oxycontin (used to be, probably still is) the same as a really long lasting IR of 1/2 the dosage strength... so a whole 30mg XR will feel like 15mg but last almost twice as long.

I can’t believe how many DRUG users are on this site!!! You all are the cause of the government tight monitoring.......be responsible.....and ONLY TAKE MEDICATION/ IF YOU NEED TO!!!!!!!!

Welcome to bluelight Onegoodone79.

There are indeed a lot of drug users on this site, dedicated as it is to responsible drug use, and harm reduction for those less responsible.

We probably disagree about "only take medication if you need to", mainly the "need to" part. One person's needs are often considered more important or worthy than another's, for no logical reason. I think "feeling better or getting high" is a human need.

But I agree that prescription painkiller abuse can be a problem. Mainly because of moralists who think it's the worst crime ever to enjoy medication, the police state, misleading marketing by drug manufacturers, and a media that continues to conflate two separate but linked phenomena.

A lot of the people dying are using black market drugs that have been adulterated with fentanyl. The drugs have "hot shots" of too much fentanyl, and that is a direct effect of assholes who think they can safely mix fentanyl powders at home with their kitchen scales.

And that market exists because of the police state and the incentives it creates.

And the police state exists because of moralists who know that their vices are better than other people's vices, and the only cure for them is Jesus or prison.

I should archive/close this, but on the off chance you come back, seems fair to let you respond, and if you do I'll move these posts.

I can’t believe how many DRUG users are on this site!!! You all are the cause of the government tight monitoring.......be responsible.....and ONLY TAKE MEDICATION/ IF YOU NEED TO!!!!!!!!
What qualifies as "needs to"? Is someone in pain using opiods for pain management not being responsible? Someone using low dose amphetamines for the add/adhd spectrum? Low dose benzo for anxiety? Seriously learn before you criticize

Taking drugs is in the human spirit, ancient cultures used Ayahuasca brews containing N,N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT or psychoactive cactii like Peyote or San Pedro which contain both Mescaline. Personally I grew up with a 60's/70's hippie mother who has taken Opium, :SD, Research Chemicals (for her own good, like Ethylphenidate to combat the adsence of ADHD drugs when suffering from said ADHD symptoms) and so on... So I grew up in the mid 90's where the XTC (MDMA) community was booming and would go to underground parties called raves and take for instance a 'hippyflip', composing of both MDMA and LSD or sometimes magic mushrooms but those never seem to work quite right for me. Just last night my mother and I both split a sack of 4-MEC (4-MethylEthCathinone, a substituted Cathinone also called Ephedrone IIRC) and 20 Benzodiazepine pellets so she could lessen her intake of other Benzodiazes and mix them around a bit, of course with my masterful guidance. ;)

My point being: human individuals want to get high, no matter what and medication will and shall always be abused, although that is not the objective here on Bluelight, but people will do it anyway (getting high that is) so it's just better to imform the public how to do so as safely as possible and how not to get addicted, but addiction and dependance is a whole other issue which I will not open up here. Harm Reduction for the win so to speak! :)

-- Peace o/

It's not even just humans, dolphins pass around puffer fish to use it's venom to get high, primates have been shown to eat fermented fruit for the alcohol. The only difference between us and them is the ability to synthesize our intoxicants.

Don't forget the narco lemurs. That said, believe it was just a weak drive by trolling effort.

Lol forgot the lemurs, deer will also eat weed if they find it, don't ask how I know.:sus:

Lol mine wasn't junior high, little more recent than that. The bastards.

I have barely indulged in any sort of smoke since back then, just doesn't sit well with my mind parts anymore.

Lol I've smoked weed 3 times in my life, and dabbed twice. Don't care for it, opies and stims are more my cup of tea.

Question...

Can you cut a Oxy 30 op in half? Since itts an extended release, I wasnt sure if that would be ok to do?

Kinda funny I?ve been on oxy 60 mg for 18 yrs and the ER extended release even if you cut in half or quarter it?s still 30 mg all cutting in half does is shortin the time cut in half 6 hours take a quarter 3 hours

Something to remember is that 12 hour ER formulations don't release the API (active pharmaceutical ingredient) for 12 straight hours. If they did you'd feel it for 16 hours. 12 hour ER meds with short acting active ingredients (3-5 hrs) stop leeching at the 7-8 hour mark so by 12 hours you are in need of more.

With the newer polyethylene oxide time release formulations like Oxycontin OP, even when reduced to smaller pieces a time release component still remains somewhat active. Even the people who shave them up with "Ped Eggs (callus grinders) still have a less than IR substance as when hydrated the "slime" that forms prevents IR.

While smaller pieces will release quicker, it's far from IR, immediate release. Cutting a 30mg OP in half would likely result in the 15mg being released in 3 to 4 hours making for a much more subtle/ smoother come up and down vs a Roxi 15mg.