• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy - no high anymore

Ive never had a good time with opiates, with a few exceptions of feeling generally pretty good. Usually just a little dreamy and itchy. I wish I could have felt the full "WOW" moment but I don't think I'm destined to.

OP just don't take it any further. If nothing else you'll save a bunch of money, and there are other drugs that are less life ruining that you might like if you feel the need to get high.

Thank you. Yes, unfortunately the drug I think I would like best (and which I could use rather than abuse) is probably MDMA but I'm on an antidepressant so it just doesn't work for me. I don't smoke weed (can't for various reasons). I think I have a minor (at this stage) coke addiction which I need to take care of and which is weird because I don't even like it that much!

Anyway thank you all for the replies, very much appreciated and have helped make my mind up to stay away from opiates. I'll enjoy them when I'm admitted to hospital for obstruction one or two times a year and leave it at that!

Consumer is right you are justifying your own use by trying to tell someone else it is not OK. Seriously shadow as long as you keep posting about wanting to IV heroin just to try it with the thoughts you will have it under control you are always going to run into people trying to point out your faults so you get help.

Stop messing around on here and get help.
I'm by no means justifying my own use by helping others avoid it. I know it's something I shouldn't be doing, I know if I never got into it I'd be better off. Why is it so wrong for me to try and stop others from doing something I know is a mistake? As for IVing, I only started because I have to smoke so much to nod at this point it's no longer financially possible for me to continue using by smoking/snorting.

OP, I'm glad you decided to not pursue opiates.

I've used Oxy for the last few months, taking them for 2-3 days in a row 2x a month. I'm not physically dependent (no withdrawal symptoms at all). I'm in the UK and the Oxys are the old style OC type. I just crush them up by chewing them until it's a powder then wash it down with some water. The pills are legit.

The first time I took Oxy 20mg was just lovely. Now that doesn't do anything. Even though I'll take a break for a couple of weeks my tolerance still seems high.

Anyway that's kind of to be expected. What gets me is that now even when I increase the dose I don't get a high. I took this to its natural limit a couple of weeks ago when I kept taking more until I felt something. I ended up being violently sick first (I took 200mg in total over the space of a few hours).

I just don't get a nice euphoria from it anymore (although I still scratch like crazy), so much so that I'm not interested in taking them any longer. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's completely normal to become tolerant but as I've said, even if I increase the dose I don't get high off them, only sick.

It sucks but I'm glad I guess, I know if I kept going I'd probably end up with a physical dependence.

It can occur that the opioid no longer causes a release of dopamine and so you're only experiencing the physical effects of nervous system depression. That's why it's dangerous to chase a high using opioids.

Maybe it was a weak link with the thalamus that you burned out and now there's nothing connecting it through that channel. Sometimes, using a stimulant in weak doses jump-starts the whole thing, sometimes it just needs a little boost for it to channel through.

I'm a bad influence don't listen to me. Lol.

Seems like a good excuse to leave them behind, but if you don't want to do that, I've found taking a month off will basically reset my tolerance.