• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxy = lots of hiccups?

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
the last 2 times doing oxy, i have done a slightly higher dose, same ROA as always: 2/3 dose oral, 1/3 snorted.(dont preach about snorting health issues. seriously i have heard every detail of that argument.)

so while doing this higher dose (40mg instead of my usual 30-35) i have gotten really bad hiccups. its possibly because i get opiate munchies bad and chow down more with a higher dose. but i really dont eat that much or that fast at all. this is super annoying becuase it gets to the point where i cant even nod or just chill right now.

any ideas how to prevent this? or why it happens? i really doubt its from eating.
(dont say any stupid stuff like "eat a lot of peanut butter or sugar" or those stupid ass 'tricks' to cure hiccups haha k thanks)

When I was taking codeine I had this problem too. Opiates have a lot of drawbacks, lol. Anyway it was regular but not to the point of annoying me like you seem to be.

I think Lyrica (pregabalin) helps for hiccups but I'm not sure about that.
Maybe it's time to lower your doses bro :\

What I did (that worked for me 100% of the time) was to take a deep breath then keep taking gulps of air until your chest kind of hurts its so full, hold that as long as you can.

Eating, smoking, drinking, or nothing at all might bring them back but this method always got rid of them for me.

edit:

as to why this happened, its diaphragmatic spasming, pretty much any sedatives can cause this (especially alcohol) and opioid-induced hiccups tend to be worse and harder to get rid of.

What I did (that worked for me 100% of the time) was to take a deep breath then keep taking gulps of air until your chest kind of hurts its so full, hold that as long as you can.

Eating, smoking, drinking, or nothing at all might bring them back but this method always got rid of them for me.

Seconded. I use the exact same method & it does seem to work almost every time.
Smoking in general brings them back but I find it seems to be a guaranteed comeback for the hiccups when using a vaporizer. :!

yeah, its from your diaphram not responding. the vagas nerve innervates the diaphram and once i did way too much oc when i didnt have a habit and i hiccuped so much that i couldnt sleep and could feel my vagas nerve running down my neck. had to go to the nerologist. opiates depress your respiration and the actual contraction of the diaphram. thats whats up, g.

Yeah, it's not only oxycodone but I haven't had much problems from opioid hiccups in my junkie's carrier. Definitely a personal thing because I know a person who can't stop after 150mg of codeine and I did a lot of strong 'semi-synthetics' and 'full synthetics' but taking a deep breath always helped me, besides this didn't happen too often to be annoying. Well, some people always feel so sick after a shot that they throw up, nevertheless they keep on banging.

I'm out of it, steady on methadone. I won't shout 'what a superb life this is', it's crappy but once you're in it's crappy either you take or not. Now even working with this stuff at the lab doesn't make me shoot anything.

Yeah, I get hiccups on OC much more than any other opiate. Literally once per day that I'm on an oxycodone product I will always get the hiccups, but with morphine/fentanyl/oxymorphone it never happens...

^ Maybe it only happens with codeine and its derivatives (oxy- and hydrocodone)?

Hiccups happen to me alot with oc also. Seems to happen more often on the come up. They stick around for a good 30mins.

Oxy never gave me hiccups. I was shooting it though (not recommended f#cks up your veins even more than H ever did). I wonder if they are induced more from differing roa?