• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy and or Hydro-morph/Dilaudud "Jet lag"

dustyw

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

This may be a dumb post, but i really want to know why i hurt so bad after Oxy or Hydro-morph.

I don't really do drugs that often to start. My girlfriend and i do an Oxy, or Hydo-morph maybe once every 2-3 months.

-Oxy i crush up and swallow around 50mg.
-Hydromorph - i snort around 4mg at a time...usually 3 doses every 2 hours.

I feel HORRIBLE for 2-3 days afterwords, very sick on the couch. Have to nap every couples hours. Can't function or move....

We're just like zombies in pain for two days. It's not like we're doing this back to back days, or that often. We can wait 6 months and it's the same things.

Is this common with most people or is there a way around this? Again that sounds dumb, but you never know. I have a lot of these items and hate to toss em. It just doesn't seem worth it to do because how the next 2 days are.

I have no idea. Most people I know wouldn't have any side effects doing pain pills so occasionally. Without habitually use your body should not stop producing morphing naturally to create these issues.

Maybe you just use too much over course of few hours? I always get nauseous after 10-12h on oxy.

Is 50mg of oxy a strong dose?

I've tried 30mg and hardly felt it...again i cut it up into power and swallow it. Could i feel so bad because 50mg is a high dose? Seems like 50Mg is how i get a nice warm feeling...

Hydro-morph- maybe I'm going overboard...snorting 4mg every 2 hours. I can go through 16-24 mg in a day when i do it.

I know this sounds stupid but i'm afraid to try lower doses and i don't want to feel like i may die for 2 days, as the pain of sitting here trapped on my couch and sleeping for 2 days is hell.
I know the easy answer is "don't do them", but i want to be able to enjoy them once in a while, and i have a enough of them.

If you only take opioids that rarely 50mg of Oxycodone/16-24mg Hydromorphone are big doses. It is likely that it is too much and thus makes you feel like shit afterwards.

Also, if you have a bigger amount be very careful not getting addicted. Or the 2 days turn into ~a week of horrible withdrawl symptoms.
Nothing against you, but can not imagine any drug-affin person having a lot of these potent drugs around and not touching them for months.
Take care!

I use opiates rarely and I find 15 mg effective dose and everything above 20mg makes me feel like shit afterwards (up to 24h) but I dont consider effects too strong when going higher, I just get nauseous and dysphoric.

Yeah, I get the same issue after doing too much. I just sleep and eat for like two days straight

Yeah, I get the same issue after doing too much. I just sleep and eat for like two days straight

This is exactly what i'm talking about. I eat everything in sight and sleep every couple hours for a few days. It's literally hell for me.

So what the consensus is if i do a "little" i would be good the next day? Will i feel something going from 50mg of Oxy to 15mg?

Isn't it crazy that i don't even want to test the results, i want re-assurance because i can't feel like that again ever in my life. It's such a waste. I wouldn't be able to go to work, and if i do it on a Friday afternoon, the weekend is a complete write off.

I have so many i don't want to toss them, such a waste.

do less oxy (like 15-20mg) and take a shot of alcohol with it. just don't over-do it

or you could do the smart thing and just sell the rest of them off.

oxy / hydromorphs killed any motivation or goals that i had set for myself / it made me seriously depressed... and then when i stopped using them, i felt even more depressed that i wasn't taking them every few days... it's messed up. at least i'm feeling a bit better now, it's been a month and a half off them.

best of luck

It sounds like you're having intense cravings that affect your psychology so strongly that you fall into a deep depression without the drugs, for a few days like you said. There's really nothing you can do about that i dont think....

IMO, definitely too much for someone who does these so infrequently. You're wiping your body out with what you're doing. Try dropping the dosage in half maybe and stopping there. You may not be as blotto as you've been in the past but I would bet you won't feel as bad the next day either. Like someone else said, I can't imagine having drugs like those around and only taking them on rare occasions. Kudos for you!

Omg, that's such a high dose! I don't do opiates with regularity (I did before but thats another story) and for me, 20 mg is enough to make me happy (with oxy.)

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but in my raving days I witnessed many people take e and then get horribly depressed the next day (I never had that problem, but I saw many people who did.) maybe it's similar in your case? I can only recommend you do less OR find another drug you're better suited to. Or just live with knowing you'll pay the price the next day. I almost envy you because if I felt horrible the next day I would never have fucked up in life as bad as I have. I think. I can be very dense sometimes so even then I might have continued. I'm just a fuck up...but you don't have to be...

Bit of an update: After a few months of being scared to death because of the way it made me feel i did 20 mg on Friday. Come Saturday morning i was fine!

Now the bad news. After an hour i felt that really nice warm buzz, but it only last about half an hour. Sure the next 3 hours i knew i had Oxy in me, but i was only really buzzed for a good 30 minutes. We even had a couple drinks during the "come up" and the first hour.

Any advice? Kind of a tease to have a glow for 30 minutes. Should i bump up that 20mg slightly?

It sounds like you're having intense cravings that affect your psychology so strongly that you fall into a deep depression without the drugs, for a few days like you said. There's really nothing you can do about that i dont think....

If it helps, I'm getting off methadone for months and cravings make me nervous an nuts.
But it does get better. Remember the one day at the time, try one hour.. It lasts around 15 minutes and it comes and goes.
Focus on your achievements, your health be proud, you are succeeding after all!
Wish you all the best! Recovery sucks..

I have no idea. Most people I know wouldn't have any side effects doing pain pills so occasionally. Without habitually use your body should not stop producing morphing naturally to create these issues.

I thought of that too. It's not that bed, just get used to it if you really want to give it sometime. Why not go all the way?

Even if you're not dependent, taking a much larger dose than your tolerance would require can put you in a short-term withdrawal-like syndrome. It's just rebound effects. Like taking too large a dose of benzodiazepines or a barbiturate for the first time and becoming panicky after it wears off.

I never felt like I had a hangover from taking opiates even though when I would use them I'd take usually 5mg of oxy or at very rare times 10mg of oxy at rare times; but I would get really horrible stomach cramps on the comedown, and that's why I stopped taking them.

I sometimes would feel tired the next day after attempting to sleep on moderate doses of codeine, or the rare times I took what for me was a moderate/high dose of oxy since I would just nod off and go into a half awake/asleep state, and not get any real rest that night, and the same goes for when I would smoke cannabis on pharm opiates.

Last edited: