• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Oxazepam - what to expect?

Yeah. I was massively proactive about my anxiety until about a week ago. Since then I've just been so fucking depressed I can barely do anything. I certainly don't have the energy to be attempting shit like graded-exposure.

I think my shrink gave me the Serepax because he wants me to be able to finish the semester. I think he feels like using a benzo as needed is a lesser harm than flunking out of uni. But despite having it I'm still not using it because it is just so mentally debilitating.

What is klonazepam like? I've used temazepam, diazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam, flunitrazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam and midazolam. Which of these does klonazepam most nearly resemble?

Clonazepam is most like taking a good dose of diazepam, except not as sedating and it lasts longer. That's my opinion, anyway.

My shrink gave me oxazepam 15mg tablets today despite my history of benzo abuse. It's been about 9 months since I had any benzos and despite counselling and multiple anti-depressants I'm just not responding. I'm anxious as fuck and can barely do simple things like stay on a bus, speak to a friend; I'm having between 1 and 5 panic attacks daily and these almost inevitably lead to me just leaving the situation no matter what it takes.

So my question is essentially what to expect from oxazepam. I've heard that it has an unusually slow onset of action - is this true? I've done many other benzos but notably alprazolam, temazepam and flunitrazepam. These are all obviously pretty fast-acting and intense so I wonder how it will compare. Also I used valium for a long time and really hated the length of its duration. Is oxazepam like valium in that I'll wake up the next day feeling 'out of it'?

(I should add that I'm really not even considering abusing this drug. I just want to be able to attend my classes and interact with people. What would be an ideal dosage for this? How long before class should I take it?)

Answer to your question ive taken my fair share of benzos for both right n wrong reasons lol and the oxazepam is a quiet quick acting drug with in the 45 to 60 min mark depending on the person its not like vals or temazys in my opinion totally different u can still function 100% and if u only take 30mgs and take it no later then 8pm u will wake up feeling fresh n clear headed with a good feeling i like to have a coffe n some breakfast then wait 3p or so mins n eat it so my days ready to be anxiety free n be apart of all conjested buses malls n class rooms so i hope u get what u need out of them n let us no how u go aye???

You mean an anti-epileptic, as in a mood stabiliser? Like Epilim or Lithium? I've used both of those but never for benzo withdrawal. Either way I'm not going back to benzos - my shrink would not even prescribe them regularly - and it's just a question of using them say, 3 days weekly, or not using them at all.

I'm interested in what you say about fogginess. What do other people think? Which benzos are the least 'foggy'? Given that I only want a benzo that can be used for particular siuations, and therefore a benzo that is not too long acting, which one would be most appropriate? My shrink gave me oxazepam because I complained about the length of diazepam's action and about the fogginess. Maybe oxazepam is the most ideal but I'd be interested to know what other people think.

I wouldnt go that way on the clonazepams (rivitual) its a drug that only a little can be to much to the point of where u go from being calm n anti anxiety to to calm n smashed and u dont remeber what u did or said in that time n i can pretty much assure u that it wont be good n uni will be probz cut alot shorter then u are expecting to be there im telling u this from several atleast 10 situations lol not good results waking up in my front yard or not knowing where i put my car or belongings its a drug that majority of illegal drug useres like to mix to get a filthy big high theres 2 that they dr shop for xanax n clonazepam (rivitual) trust me i was there gor 21yrs n recommend oxazepam is the best for the needs u mentioned and i wouldnt take more then 60mgs in a day of those either ok anyways good luck n hit me back to let me no how u go yeah????

I took today 90mg methadone as every Morning + 50mg hydroxyzine+ 75mg oxazepam and i feel little better than good

That makes sense. My crafty doctor, he knows what he's doing. But I am confused about it being the least recreational because I often see signs in and around doctors' surgeries saying like 'NO Serepax dispensed here'; so I wonder why people would be seeking it out if it's so shit.
Mine doesn't as Clobazam is very seldom available he prescribed Oxazepam 3 x 10 mg a day.

It turned me into a vegetable, come up is quite quick, but smooth at the same time. But def not a replacement for Clobazam. Which is the opposit, and ment for Epilepsy. While Oxazepam not, as far as I know, feels more like an sedative.

We don't have 50mg here. Actually it seems like it's often the case in America that you guys have way higher dosages than we. Like 10mg valium, and (I think) 180mg oxy?

I find with benzos that if I take too much before some event, like a tute/performance/social event, I end up getting more anxious about the fact that I'm 'high' than I would otherwise. Like, I took 10mg diazepam before an event recently and I was obsessed with the idea that I was 'out of it' and not in control, and this made me more fucked up. After that I tried 2mg diazepam and it was way better. I could barely feel the benzo so it was just like being unusually chill.

I think it took me a while to realise this because for a long time I just took benzos for pleasure, so I would take like 150mg diazepam in one hit, and didn't think it was even worth bothering with doses like 2mg.

Thats an interesting one. I function better on benzos such as Diazepam (at about 40mgs) due to my anxiety issues. At 2mgs I wouldn't feel a thing. The only negatives I found were the forgetfulness. I used to keep a work journal and write absolutely everything down in it because if I didn't I wouldn't have a clue what I'm due to do.

Did you say you cant get 10mg tabs of Diazepam in Aus? The blue D10s just arent over there? Perhaps I picked you up wrong. 150mgs is an insane amount but you do you (and be careful). That'd be a helluva lot of D2s to swallow...