• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Oversleeping when on subutex suboxone buprenorphine bupe sleep issues?

rmnhsd

Greenlighter
Unlike some of the other threads I've been reading on here I have no trouble at all falling asleep when on bupe, especially if I exercise at night, but even without exercise, I can usually take bupe right before bed and will fall asleep just fine, however I get very poor sleep. It almost seems as if my body waits until the bupe wears off before it lets me get any actual deep sleep, the result of this is that if left undisturbed, I can easily sleep 12-14 hours before I get the natural inclination to get out of bed. My diet is average, probably too much sugar, but other than that I am pretty healthy, as I exercise many times per week and don't do any other drugs these days.

Does anyone else have similar issues? My Dr. is useless for stuff like this!

Thanks!

Well I am just getting back on it after my one attempt that lasted 3 months before I couldn't take it. I ended up blacking out 4 days on 75 mg clonazolam originally intended to help me either make the suboxone useful or ween me off. I remember going to sleep one night and waking up 4 days later, which was obviously what this was going to lead to I was a fool to think I could self manage such a potent benzo completely naive to benzo... My first doses where 100 mcg, which were very strong and had me wobbly nothing like klonopin more like being drunk. I foolishly thought I shouldn't waste some spilled on the bed and everything else after that was a blur. I woke up without my dog in my room and I was beyond terrified, which it took a while to set in although fortunately one of my neighbors had the sense to get my dog to my parents, which I am just realizing should have first been thought of by the cops. I apparently attempted suicide throwing myself down the stairs who knows what else all I could gather from what I was told was that I was a belligerent, paranoid, angry, and really have a side of me that I push down so hard just because of my ideas on whats right and wrong..... Look at me though going off topic and everything.

What I remember was that the subutex while I was at a detox facility I slept well, but I don't know if that was the bupe or environmental differences, which is what I would like to figure out and probably can with the very caring doctor I am lucky my mom is paying for as I am in quite a fucking hole... Worst of all is when realizing how selfish one is even unintentionally when your dealer isn't threatening your life, but begging to be paid back as soon as possible so his life isn't in danger when he is out there not even for himself, but family back at home. It has been a lot of devastation leading me back to bupe,but this time to do a rapid taper hopefully and either go back to weed and the occasional trip every 6 months maybe microdosing and only if all else fails on something that manages more than my withdrawals as bupe sadly does not do a lot for pain on it's own, but with cannabis was perfect even taking sublingual. The last time I tried to induce was at a detox facility after doing my last dose in the morning to get me through the processing. This time was not so smooth and I made one stupid idea after another while sick looking back on it now making me realize I could've kept my xbox one and sold my monitor itself if I hadn't precipitated withdrawals using it thinking that withdrawals were enough as I was in excruciating pain in my leg so it was maybe 4 possibly 2 at the least hours after my last shot, but it was such garbage I wasn't really ok, but I was able to get around town. By the end of the day my legs were in so much pain I just caved in and took the bupe having not even tylonal available and not wanting to go to an ER on a Friday night on whatever trashy or poshy spot was available to be treated like I was just trying to get a shot of morphine.... Only to end up calling an ambulance and walking out of the hospital after being told to sit in a chair after the hospital was so full I couldn't even lay on a bed as I know I would've ended up making a scene crying and screaming in pain only to be treated like I was just rushing them when it is literally at the point I am struggling so hard to not think of the physical pain not even withdrawals I just needed a bed to constantly roll in as it was like keeping them still made it worse than moving them, which still didn't help. I ended up in an uber with some pretty interesting characters and one really kind lady who understood the struggle pretty well with a med student up front and the jazzy smooth driver trying to hit on them as he takes his time driving. Then strikes a conversation with me just curious and I did my best to explain, but all I could really tell him is it was taking my all to just sit there and not scream in pain and that I just didn't have the energy to explain to someone who doesn't understand the reality with drugs only the social stigmas and understandings, which while based in some hard truths are also problems that could easily be fixed by letting people educate and treat themselves as there are not enough doctors to treat everyone on an individualized needs. I also planned on trying to ween off with fentanyl first and out of all the dnm markets I run into the one vendor that exit scams that week on the shittiest market that did nothing to fix it and blamed it all on me for not noticing an advertised escrow FE early on a market I have never been before... Probably a good thing though as I probably would have had an issue even though the plan was to find a stable dose and dose down 1 or however many mcg I could take every dose until I had to deal with the fast heavy fentanyl withdrawals.... Still though that scam fucked me good. I put my all into that plan and to get through to it only to learn when it should've arrived it was never sent doing a quick search on it I am still pissed I am having to take bupe. The only good thing about this time is my doctor who I believe could even get me to the point of having my mother understand a persons capability to manage their own physical needs and not to just accept there is a system that will not take care of you so fuck you life is pain deal with it if not go off and die, but don't really because we all care so much.

Anyways so obviously last night was a fucking terrible night of PWD because the setting leading up to it was much different than the setting the first time although I had a three day break in between my outpatient where I went back to using heroin. When I started again I had horrid problems sleeping. I don't remember if it ever got better. I know I would get like this sense of withdrawals coming on without cannabis, but not fully breaking out just noticing the pounding heart, the trembling although I am prone to that from birth, and sweating with body temperature sensitivity more than flux I guess.I obviously was not on bud in the detox so that could've played a part. I am just hoping tonight I do my last shot and maybe up 1 mg - 1.5 mg xanax supposed gg249 that "his boy don't know what, but he take a piece and be high as hell whoo!" As for me I definitely feel better going into it and just think if regulations weren't such a bitch and they didn't fear writing pain med scipts so much in fear of losing their license only to use the social stigma of buying other stuff on top and oding being their biggest concern when your trying to explain what works and what the long term plan is only to be told that nope I just have to suffer and if it gets worse come back and get the same answer! Anyways even at the cost of my material pleasures I will have a good shot at making this work at starting the bupe tomorrow and being off the xanax the day after and hopefully on a steady regimen of cannabis with a provider that can actually discuss and knows full well of the many cannabinoids although I believe pushes the CBD miracle medicine a lot.

Anyways I hope my ramblings helped you understand a bit more about this struggle that is excruciating to grasp knowing you'll have to just suffer sometimes and life will fuck up and nothing can be done, but it is better to enjoy each moment rather than worry about preserving yourself for the next. Looks like you are new to the boards too. Welcome this is quite a great community not only full of information, but essentially support groups with so many people it's like getting a worlds view of the situation rather than a local view at actual in person support groups that are a great way to kill time, but of course will test ones patients throughout all of it. I wish you good luck to you.... If your doctor is useless find another or maybe it is just you are afraid to ask the right questions. Honesty in this area will likely lead to mistrust at first due to stupid social regulations and beliefs that an addict is so wired to the drug they aren't even a person anymore, which is defined as dehumanization (The word of the day say it with me de-hu-man-ni-zation the same tactic the nazis used to condemn the Jews and did what they did to them, but it's different with drug users as they don't choose to be jewish and choose the drugs without a thought of life predicament that really made that the right move even if it was viewed as the wrong move and led to others making the wrong moves that made the situation worse than it has been before. Anyways if I didn't already say it before I hope it helps, I am more than happy to communicate with you if you want to try to have social support as I am really feeling right now I need to be more focused on others not just myself.

Maybe your dose is too high? How much Buprenorphine do you take?

I sleep normally on Bupe.

Holy shit tacodude what was that. I liked it but it came out of left field ?

I have always had trouble sleeping but it seems to get worse on Bupe. Consider yourself lucky..

Tho I know over sleeping and being totally lethargic when you wake up is not good either. Try to have a morning schedule you follow every day. Set an alarm, force yourself to swing your legs over the bed n sit up. Don't hit that snooze. Then get up n make coffee(optional) take a shower, make breakfast etc etc whatever you do.

Well last night was fucking wonderful I slept like a baby and am ready to hold out with bud and the little xanax I have to keep me from going bat shit crazy. The night before was only really bad because I precipitated wd's, but really it was more like precipitated chronic pain as the w/ds were nothing compared to my pain issues that even with a constant massage would just be like pushing the pain around sometimes being a good pain sometimes being a bad pain (so hard not to replace the word pain with touch). My first time on bupe was a lot different. In the detox the first night inducing was easy and it took a few days for me to really start sleeping well while using bennadryl as even though it makes me feel like all the weird physical symptoms of LSD without any the other effects more so with hydroxizine I was desperate and could not do anything else even if I wanted. After the three day break between in patient and out patient that time I remember many nights I was stuck staring at the ceiling not in pain or discomfort just unable to sleep, but too exhausted to do anything else. It was like I couldn't switch into sleep mode. I think that is why I started the cannabis and that was really helping as a good puff of clean medical grade herb on any opiate guarantees bringing out that opiate feeling that while is not the chronic pain relief aspect, but the comfortable in ones own skin aspect without feeling wired with ones eyes open at least for bupe. I have at least 2 hours until I can even think of taking bupe even though I would probably be safe trying to induce now, but I am not going to risk precipitated withdrawals and having to sell everything I don't have as I did just to get through this last night to help me get through this. I am just going to have to push my dosing as far as possible. I was thinking of just doing like 1 mg or something, but I am not sure. Also just to add sometimes living constraints make it damn hard to force yourself out of bed. When you sit up and instantly regret it there is just no way to do it. I wish mind over matter was true, but if it was telekinesis would be legit (It is not the spoon bending, but it is yourself bending). Fuck this would just be so much easier if I could get back on oxycodone er and opana ir to let me through physical therapy and to ween off those. It sounds like a batshit crazy idea to the doctors here who think the better idea is to just stay on methadone or suboxone for life assuming that one will never stop using heroin, which is a huge contribution to the factor that a user doesn't stop using because this treatment and attitude leaves people in spots of desperation where all they can think of is dealing with the short term issue to give time to figure out the long term solution. It is just fucked up how things are, but that is life right.... Trump is president of the USA and getting away with so much shit I never in my life thought I would believe would be where the USA was going. To be giving up our traditions and values all in the guise of increasing security against supposed terror caused by the increased security is just another one of those fucked up idiotic loops that could just be easily solved if people where just more trusting of each other to know what they need for oneself and not to just conform themselves to a one fits all treatment plan as that is not a solution for a situation where each level of care needs to be individualized while some may not need much some need every day care and because they don't end up dying... Like a 9 year old boy with cerebral palsy who was found left to starve to death with a body looking like an Auschwitz victim just skin and bones after being left to starve to death on his own in his home. It is fucked up to see how these same issues of fear of trust, honesty, and access to care affects not just, but especially in this topic people in need of opiates for w/e reason if it keeps them functional not just nodding till they can do their next shot. It's also fucked that people like that 9 year old boy didn't deserve that life for being born that was because the people who put the work into bringing them in the world regretted and abandoned them. So much shit is just wrong that doesn't have to be.

I can fall asleep just fine on bupe. But I also wake up lethargic and feeling like I got hit by a truck. Not withdrawal just extreme grogginess, and it doesn't matter if I sleep 5 hours or ten. Hell weekends I can easily sleep til noon if my schedule permits. But like a poster above me said, I too find routine helps, no snooze button. After I'm up 20 minutes or so I'm good to go. But I can sleep anytime anywhere. I used to blame it on hep but I have been hep free for almost a year and haven't seen much improvement. By the way Yay for the new hep c medicines that are out. Boo to the price though.

Damn tacodude. I'm guessing you were messed up on either benzo's or opioids when you typed that. What a post. It was hard to follow but oddly interesting and entertaining.

You should post that(cleaned up a little) in the new social thread.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/816502-OD-Social-v-Reboot

Oh, and when I was on suboxone(for only a few weeks- I find the short sub maint. works better) I didn't notice any problems with sleeping. At least none that I can remember. Although, to be fair, I was prescribed temazepam 30mg for sleep at night. Oh, and I only took ~0.25 to 0.5mg's doses of sub instead of the prescribed 16-24mg's.

Last edited:
Yea I'm trying micrososing, but have no Xanax or temazepam the two best benzo I can tolerate and use. Really though I just wish I had some bud. It makes the world of difference. I've probably taken about 2 mg sublingual and 0.5 IV, but still the pains there even without withdrawals. It's beyond aggravation especially due to my living situation I just wish I could find peace

What do you mean when you say "but still the pains there even without withdrawals." ? Are you talking about pain you have from some medical condition? If so, how severe is the pain?

Because suboxone(bupe) actually is a very good/potent painkiller. But it would prob only work for you if your body had been taking only tiny doses of sub(or small doses of other opioids) for at least a while....because I think if you are already addicted to opiates, or if you are already taking relatively high doses of suboxone, the painkilling properties of the bupe would be negligible. That's why addicts who are currently on suboxone maintenance can't use sub as a painkiller.
*But I have witnessed a moderately opiate naive person get SUPER fucked up after taking just a tiny crumb of suboxone*

Like I get goosebumps and what not, but they are more refreshing than aggravating even though the latter is true. There's untreated chronic pain that gets exponentially worse before getting better and even then it still holds me back