• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Overdosing on Opiates While on Suboxone

there is no doubt that it is way to high i just know a girl right now who is still prescribed 4 a day so i figured i should include it since if she has that many others probably do too.......i am on 12 mg's a day but i dont take nearly that much because it is a waste

Pstyles89,
Just FYI, you can OD on suboxone, only reason I know is I just lost my husband due to this, and that is coming from the coroner. But otherwise, your right, the effects are noit felkt from the opiate, so more is needed which also ends in the same.

I realize this is a very old thread, but I had to chime in regardless.
If you're solidly on a standard maintenance dose of suboxone, let's say 8mgs daily, for any length of time, no normal amount of H will get you high. The danger comes when you decide to shoot 3x your normal H dose to "break through". You may feel slightly high, but a majority of the H that binds will be binding to receptors that aren't in your brain, ie in your bowls and spinal cord. CNS depression is in fact happening, but no euphoria. Thus the OD potential. It is not, however, a cumulative effect of both Subs and H. It is merely the large amount of H you just took. This is why, IMO, that trying to break through a maintenance dose of subs not only a waste of $, but if done with enough gusto, could prove fatal.

Is it harder or the same to overdose on Suboxone? For instance I've never took more than about 120mg of oxycodone in one sitting (up zee nose). Though If Im on about 4mg of Suboxone steadily and I have a high tolerance to that, would it be harder to OD on Oxycodone due to the fact that I am I suboxone or would that not make a difference to the toxicity of Oxycodone? Thanks cheers!;)

I have thought about this myself, and I believe that it would be easier to overdose while on Suboxone, considering even though you aren't feeling the effects, you are still receiving them. EX "you're drunk, you just don't feel drunk, but you're blowing a .23

so how is it that bupe blocks the euphoria of opiates for me if i use for instance heroin a few days after my last sub dose (i'm currently on a very low and sporadic dose)?
but bupe stops withdrawals? does it bind to different receptors and block out others? i know mu is the place where the euphoria comes from, i'm just a little confused as I haven't taken my bupe for three days and picked up some b (heroin) today and though i feel sedated and not ill, i also don't feel euphoric - is that just down to bupe upping my tolerance and that will take longer to go down or is bupe still lingering in my head like pictures of naked ladies? i'm just a little ignorant i guesss

I need clarification on my situation. I took 16mg suboxone on day one of detox and only 4mg my second as I decided against using it. I decided instead to get back on the h/fent and taper to detox that way. Am I at risk of od by smoking more dope before it's out of my system? The 16mg is at 74 hr tomorrow after noon. Is it safer to wait until the bupe is completely out of my system? Or when is it safe to smoke again?