• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Overdosed (23 days ago)

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I overdosed 23 days ago on a gram and a half of meth and it really fucked up my mind. I'm going no matter what but what is the long term outcome going to be if I abstain from drugs.

I have a bad liver, I can Not drink or I will get fatal cirrosis. I'm only 20.

I'm going no matter what but what is the long term outcome going to be if I abstain from drugs.

the long term outcome will be a richer, fuller life?
what do you think it would be?

I have a bad liver, I can Not drink or I will get fatal cirrosis. I'm only 20.

then best not drink man?
i feel your frustration, its a shit position but maybe its a blessing; how did you get a bad liver in the first place?
you are only 20, you've got wayyyy too much fun shit to do to let drink get in the way.
i think you're catastrophizing a bit here cyberius; have you checked out our recovery forum section? its full of people who are or have been in the same position as you, might do you some good to go over there and speak to them? i can move this thread there if you want too?

Catastrophizing? I'm still a lot slower than I was back last month ago and my doctor said I got toxic hepetitis and heavy liver damage from the meth overdose. My short term memory is scrambled and disorganized, I still hear other peoples voices thinking my thoughts sometimes, I'm paranoid, and I can't focus at all.

I'm not catastrophizing this situation, I survived a bad meth overdose and I'm curious if anyone knows the recovery from this.

Livers recover in time mate. There are also some things you can take that might help if it doesn't fully (eg TUDCA).

As for your mind, I've no doubt it will recover given enough time. How much time I can't say, but in cases of meth OD that I used to deal with 6-12 months was a reasonable estimate for 90%+ subjective recovery in under 30s. Age is on your side here in terms of neural plasticity.

i haven't ever OD'd on meth but i did have a catastrophic fent OD in 2015, was in a coma for a week, had to learn to walk again, lost the site in one eye, my memory was shot due to brain damage and i was hallucinating for two months.

it was a slow and hard recovery but two years later and i'm walking, my short term memory has come back, as had my vision in my right eye. it took time, and patience, but it will improve; hell, look at me now - a bloody OD mod ahaha :D
but for real, don't get too worked up man - it takes time for the brain to reorganize itself.

The best long term upside to recovery is that you have more time and energy to spend time doing what you really love. Drugs can be great, don't get me wrong, but drug use simply is not able to provide the sustainable and meaningful kind of fulfillment that accomplishing broader life goals brings.

Keep your head up cy. Your 20's are likely going to be tough, but they'll be a lot more manageable if you can start tackling your issues (outside of drug use) now. We have so little emotionally attuned education/intentional development program in the US, it really fucks a lot of people up.

What kinds of things, outside simply drug use (it could be associated with drug use, like BL, but not limited to/by it), that bring you lots of pleasure? I'd say focus on that stuff as soon as you can. Follow your bliss. Passion makes work infinitely more bearable.

I'd also highly recommend developing a meditation practice, along with healthy diet and exercise + self care routine. What is the use of recovery if you can't enjoy life?

Good advices here.

I would also recommend Lion's Mane mushroom extract for the neural system recovery, Noopept might be of some use as well, especially in cases of extreme fogginess - both contribute to nerve growth factor.

For liver you can try extract of Milk Thistle, besides aforementioned TUDCA.

Best wishes to you, cyberius!

I should add I'm in rehab with a doctor working on me, and im tackling all my issues.

stick with it man im your age. been clean off the ice for about 2 months. that fog does lift slowly but it happens. i wish you the best of luck man