• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Overdose Symptoms?

Dons1488

Greenlighter
My friend steven has been doing heroin for a year now, and was doing ice five years until he found heroin. He went from smoking to slamming in January. He's shot up everyday since. Up to seven times in a day. He tried to quit but gets so sick he feels sobriety is unreachable. He muscles and IVs the heroin. Last night steven had the last of his heroin (mostly cleaned the cotton) and had three lines of ice. He hasn't done ice in a few months. He woke up to blurred vision, and not being able to read or focus on anything up close. Far eyesight is fine though. And usually when using heroin and meth in conjunction his pupils are pinpoint, but right now they are dilated. He is dope sick today, and feels like hell. He's overdosed on meth and Xanax before but never heroin. Could these be overdose Symptoms? Please let me know. Any insight is helpful. Thank you.

Not being able to read text up close sounds like pupil dialation. My guess is you did way too much methamphetamine it could be even if you used the same amount it just happened to be more pure.

Anyway, generally speaking your pupils have parasympathetic sensitive receptors and sympathetic sensitive receptors. While its not always as simple as uppers cause dialation and downers cause constriction. Basically adrenaline tells your pupils to open up. Heroin tells them to constrict.

Not even close to a Heroin OD, infact you're in a completely opposite state than a Heroin OD.

Pupils become extremely constricted when close or during a Heroin OD.

With your pupils dilated, that's more of a sign of heroin withdrawal..

The use of Ice also cause dilated pupils.