• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Over amped on meth, Hypothermia

euphoriadriven

Greenlighter
This is my first post here, so a little background, im a 26 year old female, I have a extensive history with drug use, I consider myself a smart drug user. I have always researched things before ive done them, and I make sure I do them safely. 4 years ago I tried meth, I had a whirlwind of a experience and didn't do it again for a long time. March of 2019 I decided to give it another go. I had alot of fun, and nothing ever went in a weird direction. Fast forward to June, one of my good friends passed from a heroin overdose. It effected me greatly, and I started using meth to feel normal, because I just couldn't shake the grief. I didnt use everyday, but I used often. Then, Christmas of this year. The worst day of my life. My best friend overdosed on heroin. It shattered my world. Ive never used heroin, and seeing all my friends drop like flies around me..I couldn't take it anymore. I started using meth everyday to feel normal, and I have been since. I use to just do bumps, than I started smoking, and a few weeks ago I slammed for the first time. Even though I LOVED the feeling from slamming it, I'm just super addicted to the pipe. So anyways, here's what happened to me the other day. Im really looking for any kind of advice.

I had been using meth with 2 people, we went through 3 balls over the course of about 2 weeks, although time is fuzzy. (Obviously we all slept here and there during the 2 weeks), towards the end of the 2 weeks, we were all on day 4, during those 4 days I had consumed quite a bit but keep in mind my tolerance is huge right now. I had consumed by doing 2 shots on day 1, and than just smoking and hot railing (only 3 hot rails), so mainly smoking. It was mid day, and I was trying to take a hit, but I kept falling asleep before I would hit the pipe. I have over amped before and this didnt feel like that, I just felt like I needed a nap. So, I told my friends to wake me in 20 minutes. I clearly was not in the right state of mind though, and I fell asleep with a very thick sweatshirt on, under 2 thick blankets. Now, everything from this point on is extremely blurry. According to my friends, they didnt realize I fell asleep with the sweatshirt on, and when they looked in the room to wake me and saw that I was all covered up, they ran in and pulled the sweatshirt off me. I wouldn't wake up. They said I was very flushed, my lips were very swollen and had a blueish tint to them. The veins on my head were popped out and pulsating like they had never seen on anybody. I guess they violently shook me for 10 minutes trying to get me to wake up with no success. At one point one of them said "your life is in danger, we are calling a ambulance now!" I guess that got me to wake up slightly, I told them to fuck off and let me sleep, although I dont remember this at all. I kept trying to go back to sleep, until one of them said the paramedics were on there way. (they never called though, they were just trying to get a reaction), well they got one. I guess I sat up and was freaking out thinking they "told on me?" I dont know. complete nonsense. They explained to me that they thought I had hypothermia. They put cold compresses on my neck and legs and arms, I felt so cold though. I felt close to death. They had me drink a ton of water, and slowly I started to regain my wits. Its been a few days since that happened, and im so scared that I had damage or lasting effects. Something strange ive been feeling, is this sensation of a sunburn on my forehead. It just feels hot. I also have been having issues recalling things about the last 2 weeks, things are very fuzzy. Has anyone else every gone though meth induced hypothermia? And did you have lasting effects from it? If need be, I will go to the hospital and get checked out, but I would rather not if I am in fact ok. I know you guys aren't doctors, but I would appericate very much if anyone would care to shed light on similar experiences they have had. Thankyou

It sounds more like possible hyperthermia(overheating) if they pulled clothing off and put a cold compress on you and it helped. But I'm far from a doctor, and it sounds like you would possibly benefit from having a check up just to make sure there is nothing life threatening going on. I don't think anyone will be able to say one way or another here, but I guess maybe someone with similar experience can shed some light.

If I'm not mistaken, hyperthermia could have sent you into shock trying to rapidly stabilize your core temp. @nuttynutskin is on point, you could have done serious damage to your circulation and vital organs, especially considering that blue skin is a sure sign oxygen-rich blood is not getting where it needs to go. Please get checked out to be on the safe side, I understand dealing with the medical world with substance problems can be unpleasant to say the least - but your life is worth it.

About me: NOT A DOCTOR!!! 27 female, used meth daily to cope nearly 2 years, clean since June with 1 lapse in Sept. I also consider myself an educated drug user, unfortunately most of that education came from the extra time provided by good ole crystal. Also dabbled with pretty much everything but herion. I hope I could help :)