• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | Deru | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Covid-19 Outbreak of new SARS-like coronavirus (Covid-19)

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R
Staff member
Viruses evolve and make the jump between species all the time, it has happened many, many times before in history. There are many viruses in the coronavirus family, some of which cause the common cold (which is actually not all the same sickness, it's a bunch of different ones that cause similar symptoms). This is probably just one that mutated and is now causing a lot of problems. It's possible also that it was a genetically modified virus being studied in a lab that got out somehow, though I think it's more likely it was natural. I think it's very unlikely someone released it on purpose. It's devastated the whole world equally, bioweapons, I would think, would be more targeted. And if it was just some insane person looking to kill people indiscriminately and cause destruction for the sake of destruction, they picked a pretty mild virus for it (compared to how deadly some viruses are). No, I think it's just a ntaural occurrence. 100 years ago, the Spanish flu was a similar sort of pandemic, except more deadly. Pandemics are inevitable, we were overdue for one.
Thank you.

There's just no good evidence for covid19 being human engineered. And plenty good evidence against it.

The thing where I think a lot of people have their understanding of probability all broken, is that they don't realize that this was anticipated. This has been expected for decades.

Covid19 is hardly something that just show up out of nowhere and in need of an explanation. Something like it has been inevitable for the past several decades to say the least.

But I think a lot of people don't realize that. They think this is some unusual event that could only have happened by human intervention.

I've been kinda afraid of something like covid19 happening most of my life. So to me it hardly feels like this is an unusual event in need of an unusual explanation.

JessFR

Staff member
All things Russia set aside, this reminds me of the 2016 debate when Clinton called Trump a puppet. He is certainly controlled rather easily by his own narcissism.
Exactly. Trump is a huge national security risk. Because he is effortlessly manipulated by appealing to his narcissistic ego. And no doubt every leader of every country hostile to American interests has been briefed on how to take advantage of it.

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words, SLR
Staff member
Exactly. Trump is a huge national security risk. Because he is effortlessly manipulated by appealing to his narcissistic ego. And no doubt every leader of every country hostile to American interests has been briefed on how to take advantage of it.
Iran has nothing to possibly gain through flattery. DPRK, China, Russia, obviously do. Muslim majority vs. non-muslim majority nations: self explanatory.

yepyepwoah

Bluelighter
except, of course, there's a difference...

if covid is real and you have it, your not wearing a mask in my presence puts me at risk of infection.

if covid is not real, you can call me a moron all you want but my wearing a mask doesn't impact you one bit.

alasdair

So with your arguement we should all be Christian

If hell is real I sure do not wanna be wrong.

Thats seriousky your arguement?

Act like christians !!!

LOL

JessFR

Staff member
It's really a super poor argument.

Alasdairms argument as I see it is that you lose virtually nothing by wearing a mask even if the virus were (sigh) a hoax.

Now apart from the fact that being a Christian is a far greater life commitment than wearing a fucking mask. It's not actually possible to choose to believe something if you in fact... Don't.

And pretending to believe is worth exactly squat.

So the scenarios aren't at all comparable. Ones super easy to do, the other is virtually impossible to do.

novaveritas

Bluelighter
I see no way to even stretch what @alasdairm said to equate to having anything to do with Christians, there is no rational logic here.
its a reference to an idea called Pascal's Wager. Which is to do with believing in God because the cost is low and the payoff is large if God does exist thus avoiding eternal hellfire damnation and all that jazz.
look it up, you get to learn something today for nothing.

yepyepwoah

Bluelighter
its a reference to an idea called Pascal's Wager. Which is to do with believing in God because the cost is low and the payoff is large if God does exist thus avoiding eternal hellfire damnation and all that jazz.
look it up, you get to learn something today for nothing.

With all the seemingly erudite folk around here, this is such an obvious reference to miss.

Is it intentional I wonder?

Pascals Wager V.CoronaMaskHoax

Aka

The Christianesque Wager Of Science God CDC & The Fauci's

Bow down before your master (it just might even be true!!!)

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
I understood the reference, myself, but I don't think it supports the idea that you shouldn't wear a mask. In fact the payoff for everyone wearing a mask in public like is being suggested is huge if it's true that mask wearing will reduce the spread of covid from sick to healthy people by a large percentage, and the cost to you and society if it's wrong and there was no point in wearing a mask is essentially nothing. Which is why we should be doing it.

yepyepwoah

Bluelighter
america should just declare martial law now and force every fucking person to wear a mask and stay the fuck indoors if they have no good reason to be out and about. deploy the national guard and if some dumb fuck red necks out come with a ar-15 vs a fucking tank and apaches then light those inbreeds up.
The largest american gatherings flaunying sociam distancing and mask laws are Antifa/Blm rallies/rioting

You suggest trumo call out national guard on "kids protesting" or just against "rednecks"?

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
Thats just like, your opinion pascal wager mask man
yep - no more or less an opinion than yours.

where we differ, though, is that i know mine is just that - an opinion.

further, i respect you have a different opinion whereas you think your opinion is the truth and that i'm 'detached from reality' and a 'moron'.

alasdair

Last edited:

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
The largest american gatherings flaunying sociam distancing and mask laws are Antifa/Blm rallies/rioting

You suggest trumo call out national guard on "kids protesting" or just against "rednecks"?
everybody. at this point flaunting lockdown laws is amounting to be a biological terrorist spreading a deadly virus that will kill countless more people than any terror attack on american soil. But rednecks with ar-15s storming government buildings over wearing a mask. At least half those antifa idiots had masks on.

yepyepwoah

Bluelighter
yep - no more or less an opinion than yours.

where we differ, though, is that i know mine is just that - an opinion.

further, i respect you have a different opinion whereas you think your opinion is the truth and that i'm 'detached from reality' and a 'moron'.

alasdair

Do you really respect my opinion?

Do you not really think I am a moron detached from reality, but are too "polite" to say it?

Juat curious.

So, as you say, i think my opinion is truth.

What does that make your opinion? Untruth? Infactual? "It must be correct cuz everybody else believes it?"

So you dont wear mask bc u dont think your opinion is true, or yoj wear mask because you dont think your opinion is true

Do you really respect my opinion?

Do you not really think I am a moron detached from reality, but are too "polite" to say it?

Juat curious.

So, as you say, i think my opinion is truth.

What does that make your opinion? Untruth? Infactual? "It must be correct cuz everybody else believes it?"

So you dont wear mask bc u dont think your opinion is true, or yoj wear mask because you dont think your opinion is true
You two need to kiss and make up. I h8 when my parents fight. This is like the divorce all over again! My opinion counts too, and I say that wee need to move on from this moment. Maybe learn something along the way?

—Wizard