• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Current Events Outbreak of new SARS-like coronavirus (Covid-19)

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words, SLR
Staff member
I knew that our love was just a car crash away....
OK Doctor
By all means don't let me from ruining your perfectly functional immune system with drugs you don't need...

Are you the type to take antibiotics for viral infections? Or is that just helicopter moms that are the problem? :|

phenethylo J

Bluelight Crew
People who end up starting their own businesses end up becoming more conservative simply based on the experience of taking care of themselves and the government making it as difficult as possible. Now they've made it impossible for many people and destroyed much of their chances in the future. Even if they open up with new bullshit restrictions like certain businesses only allowed to operate at 50% of their original capacity. Most businesses can't survive running at 50%.

I believe much of this has been deliberate, especially considering the original numbers that were used to scare people into lockdowns were FALSE. It makes no sense apart from an attack against the average person and our way of life.

Unemployment benefits are a privilege for richer countries. For most people in the world they either work or relatives look after them or they die.

What is the purpose for that "work"? They do it because it's fun or they do it to afford things to keep them alive and safe? I don't think you understand the concept of work. Whether you're foraging through the bush to hunt an antelope or you're flipping burgers it still has the same result. You're doing work in order to provide food for yourself and your family. Having a dedication to some type of work keeps people psychologically healthy. I would go so far as to say it's part of our inherent nature. Because like I've illustrated, if you're in the wild (our natural state) then you either work or you die. So since technology and society has advanced, the nature of "work" has changed. Now we could have a discussion about predatory capitalism and the enslavement of humanity via the workforce and I'm sure we'd come to some agreements, but that's different to what I'm saying don't get it twisted.

And if you have a problem with the system (I have many) the answer is not to destroy it and make things worse for people.
Some people just really want everything Trump says to be false. They seeth with rage everytime he says something that runs counter to what they've been told by establishment media.

on Hydroxychloroquine:
So true.

“The Nazis didn’t see themselves as monsters. They saw themselves as heroes, as saviors, or just as regular Germans leading regular lives. When they looked at the propaganda posters which surrounded them (as the Internet surrounds us today), they didn’t see sadistic mass-murderers and totalitarian psychopathic freaks. They saw normal people, admirable people, who were making the world a better place.

They saw themselves.
They saw “the good guys.”

This is primarily how propaganda works. It isn’t meant to fool anybody. It is there to represent “normality” (whatever “normality” happens to be in whatever empire one happens to inhabit). It is Power’s way of letting us know what it wants us to believe, how it wants us to behave, who our official enemies are. Its purpose isn’t to mislead or deceive us. It is an edict, a command, an ideological model … to which we are all expected to conform. Conform to this ideological model, and one is rewarded, or at least not punished. Deviate from it, and suffer the consequences.

It is a question of obedience, not one of truth.”
So is the main point you have been trying to make in this thread is that this whole virus is a flat out lie cooked up by elitist shadow government liberal globalists who are using it to make Trump and conservatives look bad and ultimately turn our entire world into one giant welfare state utopia? Am I interpreting you correctly? :unsure:

Captain.Heroin

Staff member
Just stuff yerself full of hydroxychloroquine like your beloved president and everything will be hunky dory...
yeah the 3 fold mortality is like totally fake news

JGrimez

Bluelighter
So is the main point you have been trying to make in this thread is that this whole virus is a flat out lie cooked up by elitist shadow government liberal globalists who are using it to make Trump and conservatives look bad and ultimately turn our entire world into one giant welfare state utopia? Am I interpreting you correctly? :unsure:
Yes to this. I don't want to blame the Left or Democrats or Liberals for all this. I find the whole Left/Right dichotomy is ultimately a divisive tactic to distract people while an overarching agenda continues on its goal to enslave and/or reduce the global population. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that the virus is completely a lie.

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
My state is beginning to lift lockdown... public gatherings have been about doubled in size, parks have reopened, and businesses are allowed to be open again including restaurants, but with lower allowed capacity. Nothing was ever actually enforced but most people followed the orders. We specifically were told that there would be no enforcement. I do think lockdown was the right choice, because we were facing an unknown. I read that at first a lot more people were dying who ended up in the ICU, but as they have learned more and gotten better at treating it, a lot more people are surviving. Plus, we just didn't know how deadly it would be or if there would be unforeseen side effects. We actually still don't know if there could be long-term consequences, but it's absolutely true that a badly damaged economy causes a lot of human suffering and ultimately loss of life, and quality of life. So I think there needs to be a balance, especially considering the virus will surely become endemic. I think my state has done a good job handling this, hopefully things can bounce back better than if we had remained locked down for longer. It seems like most small businesses are going to make it, since they're allowed to open again (and some never closed since there was no enforcement), and many were given grants with the relief bill.

The US left the handling of lockdown to states, and some states have gone way more radical with their implementation than others. For my state, I haven't seen anything that suggests any malicious intent. In fact, the federal government's relegating of implementation to individual states and its role being to simply issue guidelines really suggests to me that there was no nefarious intent with this, but rather an appropriate reaction to a potentially devastating pandemic.

Deru

Bluelighter
So I think there needs to be a balance
I agree with this so much. Few things in life when it comes to society are ever in absolutes. Somewhere in the spectrum lies the best way forward, and making data and evidence based decisions to figure out what that actually would be, will provide the best outcome when weighing risk to reward for both saving human life and saving the economy.

Captain.Heroin

Staff member
some states have gone way more radical with their implementation than others
Politicians aren't scientists though. Having one unified dumbass approach through DJT might have been better than 50 states deciding to be China instead of the United States of America. :|

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
I'm not saying it was the best choice to not have a unified approach, I'm just saying it points to a lack of malicious intent in the response. If the government wanted to use this to impose its will on us, you'd think they would have actually enforced it.

Captain.Heroin

Staff member
People got arrested for violating the lockdown order. Cops were deemed "essential workers".

I'm sorry but I fully disagree. There was maliciousness in the response. DJT's administration snubbed its nose at the pandemic response plan Obama's administration put forth. They spent all the money they could from the military and healthcare on the border wall, as if the wall was going to keep viruses out. A big beautiful linear concrete condom that was totally ineffective in every way possible.

Stopping travel to/from China but not closing all the POE's at once was the dumbest fucking thing DJT has ever done.

DJT wanted covid-19 to get into America. By highlighting country of origin ("CHINA VIRUS") he gets to smash on China, his failed trade deal (ART OF THE DEAL my ass!) and push through campaign promises while Americans are dying.

Malicious intent all around when 50 states played ball with him for federal funds. Disgusting. Almost everyone in power is complicit with this, very few seem to care. Almost everyone was asleep when learning about constitutional rights and certainly do not care now.

Deru

Bluelighter
DJT wanted covid-19 to get into America. By highlighting country of origin ("CHINA VIRUS") he gets to smash on China, his failed trade deal (ART OF THE DEAL my ass!) and push through campaign promises while Americans are dying.
I severely disagree with this. The only thing Trump had going for him pre-pandemic was the economy, and now it is in ruins. China is taking over as the world leader. Guaranteed, Trump didn't want this, at all.

Fire&Water

Bluelighter
I'm not saying it was the best choice to not have a unified approach, I'm just saying it points to a lack of malicious intent in the response. If the government wanted to use this to impose its will on us, you'd think they would have actually enforced it.
The best way to take control over a people & control them is to take a little of their freedom at a time To erode rights by a thousand almost imperceptible reductions
In this way the people will not see those rights & freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed

Last edited:

Captain.Heroin

Staff member
I severely disagree with this. The only thing Trump had going for him pre-pandemic was the economy, and now it is in ruins. China is taking over as the world leader. Guaranteed, Trump didn't want this, at all.
USD$ is doing much better. China devalues its currency to get ahead. DJT isn't wrong in saying this either (the needle in a haystack of lies).

China is NOT taking over as world leader.

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Yes to this. I don't want to blame the Left or Democrats or Liberals for all this. I find the whole Left/Right dichotomy is ultimately a divisive tactic to distract people while an overarching agenda continues on its goal to enslave and/or reduce the global population. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that the virus is completely a lie.
I completely agree with you. Couldn't have said it better

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
I just go back from town and everything is packed for the first time in months. No one is respecting the 6-foot rule or wearing masks aside from staff. We have about 60 cases locally right now and I expect to see it spreading pretty fast now that we're in relaxed lock down mode. I've been really careful not to be around other people because I take care of family members in their 70s and 80s. My fear is I'll get sick and spread it to them. There is no way they could handle it because even a minor cold would have them bed ridden for weeks with pneumonia.

I'm also scared about some of the long term effects I've heard of like it making males impotent and people getting with second and third phases of the virus. It sounds so similar to the early reports of HIV where no one really had any idea what the long term effects were. I'm worried we're going to see a large part of the population stuck taking pills for the rest of their lives. All the stats are fishy and obviously being manipulated. I don't trust either side of the debate when it comes to the politicians involved because they've flip flopped and changed opinions so many times since the first of the year.

Be careful out there.

atara

Bluelighter
not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent

thefirm

Bluelighter
here in romania the strict restrictions were lifted, no more written declarations to go outside, restaurants and bars are still closed. from state of emergency we got into a state of alert, to leave the city you still have to have a written declaration but it's more relaxed than before. still no more than 3 people are allowed to be in a group, exceptions are made only if those people are part of your family. my city is pretty much very conscious about the whole thing so safety measurements are taken.

on the bus you have a lot of chairs X-ed out with red tape so you can't sit near another person to keep the distance, you can only enter the bus on a specific door and exit on another specific door ( or doors), you have to wear masks in all closed spaces ( this is mandatory now) kid parks are still closed but some other types of parks are open. schools still closed and will remain that way.

but I expect a lot of new cases in the near future because the rest of the country is not like this city and they are pretty much fucking up already with parties and such.

JGrimez

Bluelighter

^Good idea, idiots.

One with lockdown - one without.

If most people won't get covid19, and most of those who do will have no symptoms, and most of those with symptoms will get a mild cold, and most of those with worse symptoms will be fine in the end, and only a tiny minority may die, and those that die are almost entirely made up of people with serious underlying health conditions with very short life expectancy...
How is this a serious pandemic? Or, how is it a pandemic at all?