• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: cduggles | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Current Events Outbreak of new SARS-like coronavirus (Covid-19)

JGrimez

Bluelighter
We threw trillions of dollars at the small businesses, they're just fine. I don't think they need more money.
This sounds like something someone lazy would say who's never had the drive or desire to create their own business.

"Not everyone is entitled" well that's because they don't WANT to let OTHERS become entitled to social welfare programs... work is their only option. Because it's all they want and are furious at the idea people don't have to do what they "have to". If you read Atlas Shrugged or political ideology from leftists, it becomes apparent that you don't have to work..
Yeah this is nonsense espoused by lazy people and communists.

And you don't. Were you born selling burgers? Were you born mopping floors?
"Basic biology" that's insane. Work is not biologically necessary. You've failed to prove this in a scientific way.
It's actually the most simple of biology. Let's remove you from this system and put you in the middle of nowhere. How do you survive? You need to eat. So better get to WORK! You can either go out hunting or begin farming or both. Need shelter? Better do that work to build yourself a structure. In fact if you ever stop working you wither away and die. It's a biological necessity and fact of existence.

But there's nothing new with leftists denying biological reality.

Captain.Heroin

Sr. Moderator: H&R, Words, SLR
Staff member
I knew that our love was just a car crash away....
This sounds like something someone lazy would say who's never had the drive or desire to create their own business.
...LOL... ok, ouch... that was personal but I probably deserved that. I take it you have a small business? Did you get that gov't $$$?

Yeah this is nonsense espoused by lazy people and communists.
Ayn Rand is probably more conservative than me. Her concept was that too many people were willing to work; i.e. participate in predatory work conditions and it was up to them to refuse to work. Hence why a minimum wage is unnecessary. I think you're missing the point. You don't HAVE to work. It is NOT biological. It's not like you'll die if you get on unemployment. Many people live while on unemployment.

It's actually the most simple of biology. Let's remove you from this system and put you in the middle of nowhere. How do you survive? You need to eat. So better get to WORK! You can either go out hunting or begin farming or both. Need shelter? Better do that work to build yourself a structure. In fact if you ever stop working you wither away and die. It's a biological necessity and fact of existence.

But there's nothing new with leftists denying biological reality.
If I was in the middle of nowhere, then I would not need a government's permission to end the lockdown.

Problem... solved. "Work" ie. our political discussion implies employment. Take me to the middle of nowhere, business and employment become impossible, yes?

JGrimez

Bluelighter
...LOL... ok, ouch... that was personal but I probably deserved that. I take it you have a small business? Did you get that gov't $$$?
People who end up starting their own businesses end up becoming more conservative simply based on the experience of taking care of themselves and the government making it as difficult as possible. Now they've made it impossible for many people and destroyed much of their chances in the future. Even if they open up with new bullshit restrictions like certain businesses only allowed to operate at 50% of their original capacity. Most businesses can't survive running at 50%.

I believe much of this has been deliberate, especially considering the original numbers that were used to scare people into lockdowns were FALSE. It makes no sense apart from an attack against the average person and our way of life.

Ayn Rand is probably more conservative than me. Her concept was that too many people were willing to work; i.e. participate in predatory work conditions and it was up to them to refuse to work. Hence why a minimum wage is unnecessary. I think you're missing the point. You don't HAVE to work. It is NOT biological. It's not like you'll die if you get on unemployment. Many people live while on unemployment.
Unemployment benefits are a privilege for richer countries. For most people in the world they either work or relatives look after them or they die.

If I was in the middle of nowhere, then I would not need a government's permission to end the lockdown.

Problem... solved. "Work" ie. our political discussion implies employment. Take me to the middle of nowhere, business and employment become impossible, yes?
What is the purpose for that "work"? They do it because it's fun or they do it to afford things to keep them alive and safe? I don't think you understand the concept of work. Whether you're foraging through the bush to hunt an antelope or you're flipping burgers it still has the same result. You're doing work in order to provide food for yourself and your family. Having a dedication to some type of work keeps people psychologically healthy. I would go so far as to say it's part of our inherent nature. Because like I've illustrated, if you're in the wild (our natural state) then you either work or you die. So since technology and society has advanced, the nature of "work" has changed. Now we could have a discussion about predatory capitalism and the enslavement of humanity via the workforce and I'm sure we'd come to some agreements, but that's different to what I'm saying don't get it twisted.

And if you have a problem with the system (I have many) the answer is not to destroy it and make things worse for people.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Bay Area Cafe Chain Specialty's to Close for Good
Specialty's Cafe and Bakery has served its last semisweet chocolate chunk cookies and other beloved baked treats.

The 33-year-old Bay Area cafe chain announced it is closing for good — every one of its 50 locations across three U.S. States — citing the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Current market conditions attributed to COVID-19 and shelter-in-place policies have decimated company revenues," the company wrote in a statement on its website.

Flattened, all right.

mal3volent

Sr. Moderator: CEPS, TL, S&G
Staff member
You should be much more fearful of your governments than this nonsense virus.
I agree. Our government lead by DJT and the Republican Congress is very scary. Bailed out big business and gave crumbs to regular folks. Denied a second payment...

JGrimez

Bluelighter
I agree. Our government lead by DJT and the Republican Congress is very scary. Bailed out big business and gave crumbs to regular folks. Denied a second payment...
Not him. The shadow government, the ones who never leave and aren't voted in, who direct agendas over decades or generations. There are some issues that Dems & Reps don't ever fight over. Worry about those.

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
I should note that the author of the above isn't (to my knowlwdge) a doctor or a researcher. Rather he's a nationalistic firebrand opposition leader chiefly famous for...
Great point. Anyone with a keyboard can be on the internet today. Always check who wrote whatever you're reading, and what their the goals may be.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Here's another one that's worth watching (before it gets taken down). The original video was removed for "violating guidelines" and this expert is being censored a lot by Youtube. He also backs up some of the stuff that I've been saying about a vaccine's aim to alter peoples' DNA and behavior:
"In an unprecedented way, we see all of the governments around the world with very few exceptions all adopting the same policy at the same time frame. This tells us that this is a highly coordinated effort, internationally and it tells us that there's a group of people or individuals who are directing the governments, essentially what to do. So this is very compatible with this globalist agenda, moving towards a one world government, with tighter control over the population, with a reduced population, with a new financial monetary and currency system and there's evidence for all these aspects. The overall plan has been well laid-out in the United Nations document Agenda 21 (later changed to Agenda 2030). There are many other supporting documents like the Rockefeller document and there are several others that essentially give all the details to this plan, and they all correlate with the policies that are taking place right now. So if you want to know what's coming in the future and what the overall agenda is you can simply study those documents and you'll see pretty clearly where we're at and where we're headed."

-Andrew Kaufman, MD

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
I'm kinda surprised you don't just watch it. Do you live in a country where Youtube is blocked or something? Get a VPN.
From the video description:

Here's another one that's worth watching (before it gets taken down). The original video was removed for "violating guidelines" and this expert is being censored a lot by Youtube. He also backs up some of the stuff that I've been saying about a vaccine's aim to alter peoples' DNA and behavior:

No I'm just lazy guess it's to much for you to just answer my question..

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
LMAO....all those Cali cities that declared themselves 'Sanctuary Cities' from Trump's immigration laws and stated they won't abide by the law as dictated from above....

Atwater, CA declares itself "sanctuary city" from lockdown, allows businesses to open

In defiance of Gov. Gavin Newsom's statewide lockdown orders, the city council of Atwater, California unanimously passed a resolution Friday declaring the city of 30,000 a "sanctuary city" in which businesses and churches will be allowed to open.

A photo of the beginning of the city's passed resolution shows this summary:
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ATWATER AFFIRMING THE CITY'S COMMITMENT TO FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF LIFE, LIBERTY, AND PROPERTY, AND DECLARING THE CITY OF ATWATER A SANCTUARY CITY FOR ALL BUSINESSES.
As a result of the resolution, businesses and houses of worship will be allowed to open and operate free from interference from local authorities.
Atwater Mayor Paul Creighton said:
"This is America. You have the choice. It's time for the government to stop dictating another month, another three months, six months. When is it going to end? When everyone is bankrupt?"

JGrimez

Bluelighter
No I'm just lazy guess it's to much for you to just answer my question..
Yes it is too much because it was literally a 2 min video of the UK's chief health official. Basically he dispels all the fearmongering nonsense regarding this virus. He says even the most sick and vulnerable people who contract it won't die from it.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
So true.

“The Nazis didn’t see themselves as monsters. They saw themselves as heroes, as saviors, or just as regular Germans leading regular lives. When they looked at the propaganda posters which surrounded them (as the Internet surrounds us today), they didn’t see sadistic mass-murderers and totalitarian psychopathic freaks. They saw normal people, admirable people, who were making the world a better place.

They saw themselves.
They saw “the good guys.”

This is primarily how propaganda works. It isn’t meant to fool anybody. It is there to represent “normality” (whatever “normality” happens to be in whatever empire one happens to inhabit). It is Power’s way of letting us know what it wants us to believe, how it wants us to behave, who our official enemies are. Its purpose isn’t to mislead or deceive us. It is an edict, a command, an ideological model … to which we are all expected to conform. Conform to this ideological model, and one is rewarded, or at least not punished. Deviate from it, and suffer the consequences.

It is a question of obedience, not one of truth.”

Captain.Heroin

Staff member
LMAO....all those Cali cities that declared themselves 'Sanctuary Cities' from Trump's immigration laws and stated they won't abide by the law as dictated from above....

Atwater, CA declares itself "sanctuary city" from lockdown, allows businesses to open
This isn't funny it's serious. Newsom is dangerous and he shouldn't be in power.

I'd concur with a lockdown coming from a governor who was more interested in not exercising far leftist politics on people who largely don't hold a majority view like him (i.e. moratorium on death penalty... the state gasoline tax is disgusting... I did not vote for this joker). Not every Republican governor immediately wanted to open; some are toeing the line carefully.

I don't trust Newsom. I think Trump is doing a better job than Newsom.

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
from a governor who was more interested in not exercising far leftist politics on people
You speak the truth....

article from April:

Gov. Newsom: Coronavirus Is ‘Opportunity for Reimagining a More Progressive Era’

Capitol news reporters are not allowed to attend the governor’s press briefings because of Coronavirus and the need for social distancing, so reporters call in with questions.

A reporter with Bloomberg News asked Gov. Newsom: “Do you see the potential, as many others in the Party do, for a new progressive era and opportunity for additional progressive steps?” (video at 51:45)

The governor admittedly gave a long-winded answer which culminated in, “yes,” admitting there is political opportunity born out of the pandemic. “There is opportunity for reimagining a progressive era as it pertains to capitalism,” Gov. Newsom said. “So yes, absolutely we see this as an opportunity to reshape the way we do business and how we govern.”

Captain.Heroin

Staff member

Captain.Heroin

Staff member
It's really fucking stupid to take immunosuppressants without a legitimate medical need.