Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Our rights in QLD ??

takinitezy

Bluelighter
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction... I'm after information about our rights in QUEENSLAND when it comes to police/undercovers... being randomly searched (my understanding is they can randomly search anyone, with or without suspicion), being strip-searched (do they have to have evidence/reasonable suspicion - what is reasonable suspicion?? do they have to take you back to the cop shop?), sms messages being read, sniffer dogs (how to get past the bastards ;)) etc etc. i've looked everywhere but can't find any rights specific to queensland. sorry if there actually is heaps of info out there.. 8(

cheers :)

bunt said:
The baggy i was caught with contained nothing, and wasnt used to carry any illicit drugs.

Previously

bunt said:
The other night, me and my mates were searched by undercover cops (QLD). They found an empty zip-locked bag (probably containing traces of x) in my wallet

You stick to your story but ;)

yeah for real. Hence, "probably".

Point is: it was empty.

I didn't even know that it was in there, so it's uncertain.

Definately no weed though :)

thanks for the replies..
i know cops can randomly search anyone (wallets/pockets etc - seen it happen)... but what evidence/suspicion do they need to strip search you?? e.g. if you're walking into a club or down the street and a sniffer dog picks you up... they will obviously ask you to empty your pockets and hand over your wallet etc there and then.. but if you're smart and you've got shit dacked (i'm talking one or two pills here, not multiple) and they therefore they find nothing in a normal search... are they going to take you somewhere to strip search you cos the dog is telling them you have drugs?? if so, do they have to take you back to the police station?? i've heard of people getting bailed up by cops in toilets and strip searched in cubicles, does that really happen?????
also... it's fine to say "don't carry stuff on you if avoidable.." but how the hell are we sposed to go out these days??? especially with dogs!!???
cheers :)

Last edited:
ok... so that legal aide site pretty much answered all my questions... thanks

Police Powers
Police can:

:X Search persons or motor vehicles without a warrant if they have a reasonable belief drugs are present however they must state their name, rank, station & number to the person detained for search.

:X Search a person (including a strip search provided it is done by an officer of the same sex) without a warrant if they have a reasonable belief drugs are present however they must state their name, rank, station & number to the person.

so pretty much, we're screwed, especially with the new sniffer dog thing... :(

Yeah there barsteds. I think we have heard of storys of ....Hmmm refuseing a search hey....have you been smokeing pot? i can smell pot...im searching you.