• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Other Drug Techs for Opiates?

Mind-Melt

Bluelighter
Was wondering if anyone knew if something like this would work...

Example 1: Pressing Poppy pods in the style of Rosin tech (for weed) to extract the essential oils from a poppy pod or even poppy seeds? Dried or otherwise? I know opiates can degrade under heat, so at what temp would this work?

Example 2: 'Cooking' opiates in HCl form the way crack is cooked. For example, Hydromorphone Hcl or Oxymorphone Hcl or Diacetylmorphine Hcl or Morphine Hcl with a bicarbonate (or something similar) to make a smoke-able opiate base?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the same reason people smoke coke instead of insufflating it: rapid onset.

Last edited:
Then insufflate the oxy.... Even IV there's no fast come up as the main effect is a prodrug effect. Insufflation is a near immediate that leaves me nodding at doses 1/2 the size I need orally and 1/4 IV, which is strange yet I can't explain it.

People who get effect from smoking are just getting a rush while having oxygen deprivation type effects from improper breathing habits.

Then insufflate the oxy.... Even IV there's no fast come up as the main effect is a prodrug effect. Insufflation is a near immediate that leaves me nodding at doses 1/2 the size I need orally and 1/4 IV, which is strange yet I can't explain it.

People who get effect from smoking are just getting a rush while having oxygen deprivation type effects from improper breathing habits.

interesting you say that. everybody's so different. even when I was opiate naive I could snort huge amounts of oxy and feel nothing, had to pop it. huh. you know now that I'm thinking about it I've never felt an effect from ANYTHING I've snorted -- a gram of good coke, a couple big lines of supposedly strong molly, or pills, when those around me have been fucked up as shit on the same stuff. maybe my nose is broken. how weird. =?

Maybe you pull too hard leading to it dripping slowly down the back of your throat into the stomach.

Oxycodone, like taco dude said, does not produce a rush. I suppose the term 'rush' can be subjective though, but when you compare it to heroin, dilaudid, or opana, it does not have a rush (at least from IV). I've never smoked oxy, but I've also never smoked a drug that gave a better rush compared to shooting it. In fact, asides from crack, I've never experienced a rush from smoking any drug, and IV coke still gives a way cleaner rush then smoked freebase coke. Anyway, I feel like the question's been answered, and now everyones just debating what the best Oxycodone ROA is, and there are plenty of threads that deal with the topic, so I'm going to close this one.

Thank you to ZNegative for reopening this thread. My original intent with the original post was not to focus at all on Oxycodone HCl in regards to Example #2.

I read in the IV Mega-thread that a good way to avoid missing shots when you're in withdrawal is to smoke a small amount of said substance prior to attempting an IV dose. In my case, this is usually East Coast Powder (H) and I cannot insufflate it as an alternative to this due to personal nasal issues, and I find that using aluminum foil to attempt to vaporize it in this form does not work well at all. I know that some people find it just fine to vaporize ECP with aluminum foil, but I do not like it at all and more importantly, I find it to be a waste. This is why I am (part of the question) inquiring as to how to make ECP into a base form so that I can take the suggestion from the IV Megathread and more efficiently smoke some of the product so that withdrawal is not so bad that one misses his/her shot. So basically, I am wondering if one could cook ECP (or pharm opiates such as Opana or Dilaudid) in the same fashion that Cocaine HCl is "cooked" (or even in a different way) so as to minimize waste when smoking / vaporizing the product, and ultimately keeping withdrawal at bay until the IV shot is achieved. This is harm reduction because of the multitude of problems that can arise from a missed shot.

I am also very curious, with the current rise in popularity of Cannabis Rosin, if something similar can be done with fresh or dried poppy pods (or poppy seeds, if they are not washed clean of actives) to isolate the actives in the pods. I can only imagine that there would be a proper temperature to achieve this with so that the actives are not destroyed or degraded and they are successfully separated / extracted from the plant material. The goal here would be to have a oil, sap, or tar, similar to Cannabis rosin, that is created from the poppy pod.

Thank you in advance to all that are able to shed some light on these 2(+) situations.

Man, I don't condone IV drug use to those that don't do it already, but IMO every BA except for IV seemed like shit for oxymorphone. I did hear though that insufflation was the highest though, after IV/IM. Rectal/oral use is kind of a waste IMO.