Cycle Advice Ostarine MK-2866 first timer

Spookypumpkin

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the SARM Ostarine aka MK-2866? I have some on hand and am thinking of doing an 8 week cycle on a somewhat low dose (15mg) per day. This will be my first cycle with any kind of performance enhancer so I’m quite unsure of what to expect.

Ive read mixed things about a PCT regarding Ostarine whether it’s needed or not and was wondering what you guys recommend and would getting blood work done be necessary as well? What are the pros and cons of running a cycle of Ostarine?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Your desired dose is very modest and I commend you for that. What's your age and training experience?
Though I will say osta is very very mild and will likely shut you down to a small degree. I wouldn't bother with a pct as you should get back function relatively quickly.
If you want to be "perfect" about it, get pre cycle blood work to see what your health is like and what your test levels are at. Then you can evaluate accurately post cycle to determine recovery.

Your desired dose is very modest and I commend you for that. What's your age and training experience?
Though I will say osta is very very mild and will likely shut you down to a small degree. I wouldn't bother with a pct as you should get back function relatively quickly.
If you want to be "perfect" about it, get pre cycle blood work to see what your health is like and what your test levels are at. Then you can evaluate accurately post cycle to determine recovery.
I’ll be 30 in March and I’ve been training for a couple years now but it’s been about one year of actual serious training with not only the gym but locking in my diet as well. So honestly not very long so I’ve been debating if I should hold off on taking any kind of performance enhancer like a SARM.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll more than likely get my blood done beforehand and see where I’m at. If I’m going to do this, even if it’s a relatively small dose, I’d rather do it right since this will be my first experience with anything like this.

Just turned 30 myself. The blood work can also be used to leverage a script if your test is low or for you to make the decision about hopping on your own trt.
At 23 my blood work showed low test (in the 300s) but doctor wouldn't prescribe anything due to my age so I've been on ever since. I will say it is a definite quality of life difference, as I didn't know what it felt like to be "normal" until I was. It can also provide a good bench mark on recovery post cycle if you decide to take anything more suppressive and will show if you have any underlying health issues that aas/sarms may impact such as cholesterol values/lipids and liver enzymes. I generally do thorough blood work a couple times a year, especially after cutting to ensure my body isn't fucked on the inside to gauge what I need to do next in terms of gear and diet.

Always get bloods. It's better to budget the extra bit of money to know key biomarkers than it is to pay out long term trying to fix issues you could have prevented or known beforehand going in.

I'd recommend PCT if you do anything that causes prolonged suppression. It's a gamble regardless. Some people do a few cycles and later on need TRT, others will still have functioning testicles years later.

I didn't start using anything until my early 20s, but I'm turning 29 this year and my last panel said I had 672ng/dl for total T. And I did things with very little harm reduction in mind early on so it's all a gamble on how your body is going to handle it. Blood work will help give you a more solid understanding of your body. It won't really predict how you're going to respond though so be prepared for anything.

You can do it all perfect and still have something come up and then you see people all the time do cycles in the most reckless fashion with little to no acute injury.