Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ordering over the internet

twisted by design

Bluelighter
ok
can anyone give me any information regarding ordering salvia divorium from the web...ie legal issues regarding it being delivered etc?
i know its illegal here but am i responsible if i order it and its found through customs or something...

Im pretty sure knowone is allowed to give you a source to purchase salvia online.

so am i...thats not what i meant...though i can see how you thought that i guess..

i meant what are the legalities in regards to ordering it into the country via mailorder..

this probably belongs in the legal forum but i put it here because im talkin about aus specifically..

twisted by design said:
ok
can anyone give me any information regarding ordering salvia divorium from the web...ie legal issues regarding it being delivered etc?
i know its illegal here but am i responsible if i order it and its found through customs or something...
You can be prosecuted, don't waste your money it probably won't get through.

Last edited:
Originally posted by twisted by design
ok

I would think your chances of getting caught importing salvia in an unmarked package from say the Netherlands is less than 50%. If you did get caught though, you are in big trouble. 1) Importation of a prohibited substance as salvia divinorium is illegal in AU and 2) Importation of plant material without a permit! I doubt you'd get a gaol term for importation of a personal use amount but - and I'm guessing here - you might end up up to $10k in the hole for your trouble.

Also you might find most or all companies that sell salvia on the internet know very well about the Australian laws and will refuse to post their products to Australia. After all if you get caught, I'm sure the Australian authorities will have a word with the originating country which will in turn have a word to the company that sold you your stuff and they don't want that.

Your safest bet might be to find some seeds of your own and grow it locally, but that is illegal and I would never recommend you do that of course.

Re: Re: ordering over the internet

nomadiq said:
I would think your chances of getting caught importing salvia in an unmarked package from say the Netherlands is less than 50%.
Please don't pluck bullshit statistics out of the air.

I don't think you need to worry about plant material-perse. Anything that is not on the scheduled substance or prohibited imports list should be fine getting through customs.

When AMT was not on the prohibited imports list I had contacted a Customs Officer from the TGA and asked if it was possible to import alpha-methyl-tryptamine for personal use.

No problems at all. The same goes for a number of herbs not listed on the prohibited imports list. Ordering Sceletium tortuosum was no problem either. It is not currently listed on any prohibited imports list.

There are number of useful and effective herbs that are not very well known that can be imported for personal use. Make sure you do your reading about them all first before going ahead.

With Salvia, technically the chemical that it scheduled is actually the wrong chemical. It was then changed to another chemical name that is still wrong.

Salvinorin A - Source
http://parlinfoweb.aph.gov.au/piweb/view_document.aspx?id=800833&table=HANSARDR
METHYL (2S, 4aR, 6aR, 7R, 9S, 10aS, 10bR)-9-ACETOXY-6a,10b-DIMETHYL-4,10-DIOXO-DODECAHYDRO-2-(3-FURYL)-2H-NAPHTHO[2,1-c]PYRAN-7-CARBOXYLATE

From IUPAC
(2S, 4aR, 6aR, 7R, 9S, 10aS, 10bR)-9-(acetyloxy)-2-(3-furanyl) dodecahydro-6a,10b-dimethyl-4,10-dioxo-2H-naphtho [2,1-c] pyran-7-carboxylic acid

There are a few other names for. Essentially if you wanted to be bothered you could argue a case in court. However this would require an expert witness with information on the compound. There are a few guys working with this compound who could help you out. You could get A.Shulgin down here to help you if you were taken to court. If you do that you will have to tell me so I can get him to sign a book of mine. ;)

L

no sources here but have you tries asking your dealer cause since they made the 5x illegal my dealer has his hands on the 10x and the 20x

This is most likely a stupid question, but i dont suppose seeds are legal to purchase? This has been the case with other plants i think.

If you wanted to you could mis-label it. Customs do not really have the time and equipment to check every package.

However, if by some chance they discover it is a prohibited plant, you are going to be in some trouble. If they can prove that you purposely mis-labelled the package.

I would rather find some seeds locally and grow your own plant. It isn't too hard to do an extract on it either.

You should realise the Salvia plant is more illegal than cannabis.

Ask the Source..

Search google for a KHAT License.. Cathinone is a Stimulant and can be legally imported to Australia for personal use.. Simply apply for a license!

Ask your source (once you find one) to wrap your "SALVIA" in Banana Leaves. It will pass Customs within hours, not days or weeks!

BTW, Why Salvia? LSD Not strong enough? I could not notice the difference appart from choking on smoke.

- SWIM

There is every difference in the world between LSD and Salvia.

SWIM thanks for pointing that out about Khat licenses for personal use, very interesting. I just did a quick search and this page looks the goods...
http://www.tga.gov.au/import/khatinfo.htm

Very interesting, I'd encourage you all to read the page in its entirety but for those short on time here are some of the more interesting quotes...
The issue of khat was considered by federal and State and Territories Health authorities (via the National Coordination Committee on Therapeutic Goods (NCTTG)) that endorsed an interim proposal allowing the importation of khat by individuals for personal use only. This proposal allows for the Office of Chemical Safety to issue licences and permits for importation of up to 5kg of khat per month per individual for personal use, provided written advice is received from the relevant State/Territory Health Authority that such importation will not result in a breach of legislation within that jurisdiction and there is no objection to a licence being issued to the particular applicant.

The policy aspects of the use of khat are part of the National Drug Strategy. There have been no immediate problems with the use of khat under the current control systems.

To import khat you must be in possession of both a Licence to Import and a Permit to Import issued by the TGA as well as permission from the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS). Licences to Import are valid for one year.

There are two types of import permits. The single use Permit to Import can only be used once and you must request a new permit for each time you wish to import khat. Annual Permits are labelled as such and consist of two pages. Annual Permits allow you to import up to 5 kilograms once a month for up to twelve months. Applications for licences take approximately six weeks to process. Applications for permits take about 10 working days to process.

In 2003, the total number of khat annual permits was 294 and the total number of individual khat permits was 202.
You can apply here!

... now, where do we sign up for a cannabis license ... *keeps googling*

SPLAT: Obviously, 1 has 5 letters and 1 has 3 and is an abbreviation, duh! :p

But yes, I know they are 2 totally different products and the effects are not exactly simular.. However, Would you say the same with LSA & LSD? 2 Different products, Simular effects! Methamphetamine & Amphetamine! I know Heroin and Amphetamines can be compared nicely... *Any moronic ravah's wishing to apply, get some facts or PERSONAL experiences before challenging that comment*...

A little far down the track though, What do you consider to be the MAJOR differences besides of the form of the drug? In short, Psychadelics can no doubt it be categorised as, both LSD & Salvia.. But I do not remember talking to any gods while smokin it. As far as I remember, I simply wanted it to end because it was an unexpected effect!

Comments Plz!

- SWIM

* Mental Note: Do not mistake Marijuana for Salvia!

Hey all,

Well salvia for me was... hmm it blew my mind, it was VERY VERY harsh though. LOL

I remember my mate saying make sure you don't use a glass bong and also make sure your in an area you would feel safe falling over in, Also the objective is to get as much smoke in your lungs as quickly as possible, this was made very difficult due to the fact it's so harsh!

So then I put it into practise, I went to smash it (thinking this wont be no problem I have a HUUGE cone piece n no probs pulling kronic buds thru it) I had a puff and paused and said to myself OKAY, maybe it's a lil' bit harsher! So I gathered my breath again and smashed as much as I could as quickly as I could!

Lost all sense of balance 8( and shaking Heaps 8o Then I was confronted with my Curtains in my room becoming a vortex as though it was going to suck me in! It lookd very real and I even felt the air being blown off the curtain vortex! 8o It lasted about 5 mins as my mate said it was pretty weak extract, if this is weak! then what's full strength like??? :\

IMHO: Salvia will take you far, far, far away and beyond anywhere any dose of LSD will take you. They're such different drugs though... while both broadly classed as psychedelics (hallucinogens? might as well just say "drugs" it's so vague), the different methods of administration, times of onset and peak duration, and specifically the different mental effects of the drugs make any comparison like apples vs. oranges.

www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml
www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

BigTrancer :)

I once dreamt that some people imported some illegal powders into the country in discrete packaging. They found that the vast majority passed through customs no problems. However when customs finally detected what was going on the shit hit the fan. The storm troopers WILL come and watch you, they WILL pull your house apart, they WILL take you away, and they WILL ruin your life.

Be warned. Leave drug importation up to the professionals.

If its illegal under the Customs Act, the federal Poisons Act, or the relevant state drugs legislation then they will fuck you up. Don't think that you can talk your way out of it, and don't rely on some sort of techicallity like having an expert wittness argue in court that its not really illegal when you know that it is.