Writing-up Opportunity to contribute to the debate about the future of drug policy in the UK

drugpolicyvoicesUK

Greenlighter
The Drug Policy Voices project aims to broaden the debate about drug policy in the UK. This study has ethical approval from Manchester Metropolitan University (ref 1006). The team, Rebecca Askew (Manchester Met University) and Melissa Bone (University of Leicester), have launched the first phase of their research, which is a confidential survey that is available to complete via the following link:

https://mmusociology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eLNLuXlaWirz1gF

The survey will be open until 23rd February 2020. It should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. The purpose of this survey is to include the experiences and opinions of people who have used drugs, plant-based medicines and other psychoactive compounds into the debate about the future of drug policy in the UK. We believe in giving a voice to a range of people that have personal experiences as they are often most affected by policy but routinely left out of the debate.

To be eligible to take part, you must satisfy ALL of the following criteria:

• Live in the UK or are a UK citizen
  • Over the age of 18
  • Have taken/used a drug/compound that is covered by the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971) or the Psychoactive Substances Act (2016) in your lifetime

You can find out more about the project by visiting www.drugpolicyvoices.co.uk. To stay up to date about the projects’ progress, you can sign up to our mailing list via the website or follow us on twitter @DrugPolicyVoic1. In the future, we will run a series of workshops so we can debate the issues within the survey in more detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filled it in but it might not show the clear picture, I believe Heroin should be available legally to buy, but not to any joe public who randomly walks in. I think addicts should provide a positive sample, get an ID card and this allows them to buy their gear

Filled this in yesterday. Since this survey is in the UK, it would be useful to have an option "Was legal at the time of purchase" for how it was obtained since this covers a lot of stuff such as 1P, MDAI, Methedrone/lone, 6-APB, MXE etc etc. OK, there's an "other" box, but that should be a last resort.

Look forward to seeing the film, results etc..

Filled this in, well made survey, only complaint I have is if you put a different drug in the other boxes it doesn't actually give you the name of it on the next pages but instead just says "other drug 1" or "other drug 2" etc. I'm on drugs mate I can't remember exactly which order I typed them in ;)

Serious though this looks like a good project and I hope it gets proper attention. Can also tell that this is a survey designed by someone who is either a user or has certainly done their research and that's always a good thing.