• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum) cultivation

I just watched a show that said poppy can grow in just about anywhere in the world in any climate. See how they keep these things from us? So I've got about 10,000 poppy seeds out there hoping some will= sprout. I think it's just the harvesting them that's illegal. But it fcan grown easily anywhere in the US.

Nice man, its got that nostalgic wa feel to it, with the corragated fences like that.

I heard the wd is bad when it comes to poppy tea. Is it as bad as codeine in the grand scheme of things?

yeah, fuckin asbestos..

wouldnt have a clue, have never been dependant on opiates but Ide imagine its worst than codeine, much worst one would assume

What is the lovely ornamental variety pictured there ppr?

its a rare strain of fuck knows haha the seeds were given to me by a mate n fellow BLer whom was quite into poppies at the time.. they went off but, much more pods per poppy than tassies - not too sure about strength comparison but

Not sure if this is legit or not but apparently this pic is of the variety grown by Thomas Jefferson in his home garden. Very pretty heirloom variety and clearly p.somniferum. It's called Monticello after the name of the property.
3DB46E4AF61069340273299070976_2.0.2.2727310441161129834.mp4.jpg

Papaver Fuckknowswhateorum ;)

this made me laugh, more than it should haha

Not sure if this is legit or not but apparently this pic is of the variety grown by Thomas Jefferson in his home garden. Very pretty heirloom variety and clearly p.somniferum. It's called Monticello after the name of the property.
3DB46E4AF61069340273299070976_2.0.2.2727310441161129834.mp4.jpg

well doesnt that look familiar %)

vsj0us.jpg

sorry about the angle, was a quick upload

Has got some nice tassles on it that does. I found some pure purple ones very ruffled on a verge somewhere pretty sure the seeds will be viable also some very ruffled looking red ones. Undoubtedly the Tasmanians will always reign supreme but a few heirlooms will help to keep things pretty.

Also learned from a suburban granny that you can do a spring and a summer flowering if you time it right.

so it turns out Im a careless cunt and didnt dry my pods properly; harvested before they vented but as the crown was erect.. should have split the pod before the drying process but being the lazy prick I am, let them sit on the coffee table whole - hello mould

not even mad, got more opiates available to me I can poke a stick at - so all it good

Okay people I'm sure I'm gonna catch some flack for being totally ignorant but here it goes. I'm on pain management and am ready to get off of my meds so I'm growing my own poppies. I just ordered 5lbs of seeds and am doing an indoor grow under 2 sets of 2 4' long flouros. I've grown shrooms and weed(ebb and flow flood table) indoors and want to know if this will be just as easy. I also want to know is there a certain way I should germinate these seeds? When I plant should I put more then one of these lil fuckers in their own hole? Please any pointers or just letting me know if what I'm trying to do is futile is greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure poppies are really hard to grow indoors. For one thing, each plant will only yield ~half a dozen pods max (or therabouts) so you're probably better off going outdoors if you live in a climate even remotely suitable some time of the year.
Plants sewn outdoors are preferably to be spaced about a foot apart from one another.
Certain strains of poppies grow virtually everywhere - cold, hot, moderate climates - and if you do some research you are far more likely to get a good yield out of a small patch grown outdoors, from what i've heard.
Plus, it'd be a hell of a lot less work. There is a poppy devoted forum that changed its name a couple of years back that might be a better place for further research...was called poppies.org from memory.
What it changed to, i can't recall.

Okay people I'm sure I'm gonna catch some flack for being totally ignorant but here it goes. I'm on pain management and am ready to get off of my meds so I'm growing my own poppies. I just ordered 5lbs of seeds and am doing an indoor grow under 2 sets of 2 4' long flouros. I've grown shrooms and weed(ebb and flow flood table) indoors and want to know if this will be just as easy. I also want to know is there a certain way I should germinate these seeds? When I plant should I put more then one of these lil fuckers in their own hole? Please any pointers or just letting me know if what I'm trying to do is futile is greatly appreciated.

You could put a few seeds in each hole in case the seeds dont germinate 100% If they do then cut all the excess ones down and leave the biggest healthiest sprout. I think they germinate on or near the surface not buried deeply. You have thousands of seeds so it doesnt hurt to kill a few. I don't know how much space your light will cover but you can probably fit one or two plants per foot. More space between plants means you will have plants with more and bigger flowers less space and you will have many many plants with very small flowers. They dont like being transplanted much because the roots are very fragile. Also their flower to light cycle is the opposite of cannabis short days for growth long days for flower. Similar to cannabis the length of time to mature flowers can vary with the strain you have. Same with potency although growing conditions may effect this to some extent. If you can get tasmanian poppy seed get that if not you might still have a winner.

That poppy site drug mentor mentioned had a detailed indoor grow report. They guy grew persian white and tasmanians. Big plants many flowers not sure how much light but he was using the same kit he had for cannabis just on the opposite light cycle. He got high for a while a few times a year. It wont support you if you have an opiate habit but it would do for the occasional recreational dose.

The Tasmanians have produced this handy brochure for you http://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/Documents/Best Practice Poppy Growing Guide.pdf

And yeah. Be careful with that shit if you do grow it. Plants don't have quality control like a morphine factory you can get very sick from what seems like a small amount. You can also get dead; it happens from time to time in Tasmania. People raid the poppy crop brew up a tea that's too strong and never wake up

How many plants would I need to keep a moderate tea habit going for just myself?

what if you grew really really high alkaloid quality plants? does it make a difference if you were able to grow the "dank" stuff?

And yeah. Be careful with that shit if you do grow it. Plants don't have quality control like a morphine factory you can get very sick from what seems like a small amount. You can also get dead; it happens from time to time in Tasmania. People raid the poppy crop brew up a tea that's too strong and never wake up
Thanks for the info and the warning,I really appreciate it. I was gonna use flouros instead of my high pressure sodium lights because of the heat my HPS gives off . I have 2 4 foot long flouros housed under a reflector. I have 2 sets of these lights so maybe I won't quit my pain meds just yet,lol!

Thanks for the info and the warning,I really appreciate it. I was gonna use flouros instead of my high pressure sodium lights because of the heat my HPS gives off . I have 2 4 foot long flouros housed under a reflector. I have 2 sets of these lights so maybe I won't quit my pain meds just yet,lol!

I don't think they would be a reliable replacement for your pain medicine. Even if you got the highest potency plants you could neither grow enough flowers nor titrate your dosage with what you are suggesting. You would need a whole back yard or a field and a lot of practice and even then dosage can vary from plant to plant season to season. You could use it to take a break from the meds for a month or so a couple of times a year at best. They take several months to produce depending on the variety

Yeah I reaized this after reading more o this thread but I'm gonna do it anyway and maybe just have extra meds for a rainy day.

I reckon you could probably grow 8 to 16 smallish to medium plants and get enough pods for a month or so depending on how high a dose of prescription opiates you're on and what strain of seeds you have. Some varieties definitely take longer than others and potency is not always great. I've seen enormous persian white plants with huge pods that had little to no effect. On the other end of the spectrum I've seen scruffy looking little pink flowers that will fuck you up all day. And I mean all day... the duartion is long even though the initial effects can take a long time to work. Personally I would recommend sublingual/buccal absorbtion over tea as the effects are a bit quicker and there is no waste (If you can handle the bitterness that is)