• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium pointless right now?

Salemcoyote

Bluelighter
So I have the opportunity to score some premium Turkish opium and I've actually never had the pleasure of smoking opium before. However, I'm on methadone maintenance and I still use about a half gram of tar at night to help me sleep (or whatever excuse I need to tell myself). My question is do you guys think I should save my money because I won't feel it or go ahead and get it because of the novelty?

Basically, is there even a remote chance I'll feel it?

Also, what's the best ROA - eating or smoking? Thanks!

Smoking opium right now with your tolerance would be a bit of a waste, so if you're interested in it I might get it and save it for another day. IMO eating opium is much more pleasurable than smoking it, but I have much more experience eating it. I've known one person who was in the habit of smoking it and that was all he did. But in your case, with your tolerance right now, regardless of how you use it it won't be nearly as enjoyable as if you had a lower tolerance.

well, it'd be an experience wouldn't it?
i'd grab a bit, but that's probably my inner Poe coming thru

You might get some interesting synergism from the opium, since it contains alkaloids which you aren't regularly exposed to? If it was me and I had the chance to get it, I would, even if I had to save it for another time, just because it seems so rare to get real opium.

You might as well get it and save it for when you're not so dependant. Taking a break and smoking it is not a good idea as opium is very subtle and hard to achieve a proper nod smoking it. I found it something I'd prefer to have around to smoke after a good mushroom trip.