Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Opium - Experienced - The Real Deal

OverDriven

Bluelighter
As we all know, real opium is an extremely rare thing to come across. Most of the time, when you find it on the street, it's just tar heroin. So of course I felt very fortunate recently to obtain a chunk of very very high quality opium (and yes...I am 100% absolutely sure it's real). There is absolutely no mistaking the real thing. The smell is what gives it away. It is truly unbelievable, and you never forget that smell once you've been exposed to it. If you have ever had the fortune smelling a dried poppy flower, that is exactly the smell, but much stronger. It's sickly sweet with floral undertones and a certain thick richness to it. It literally smells good enough to eat (though it wouldn't taste quite as nice!). When it burns, it smells like a combination of that and something like grilled chicken (kind of strange I know).

As my tolerance is somewhat low at the moment, I used a piece about the size of a BB. I poked a pin through the small ball and formed the ball into a little tube around the first half of the pin. I then turned on my soldering iron (which is completely clean of all traces of solder BTW) and set it to around 375 degrees C. While holding a small tube in my mouth, the pin in one hand and the iron in the other, I inhaled through the tube while I dabbed the pin onto the iron. Thick white smoke poured into the tube. The taste was much like the smell. The smoke was not harsh, but was expansive...like a good hit of weed and a bit hard to hold in. I held it though, and then proceeded to smoke the rest of the opium on the pin. I got about 3 decent hits from this.

The effects came on before I was done with the third hit. You can feel a distinct warm pressure in your head as it starts to hit. In the first 10 minutes of the high, it's almost a bit disorienting. After about 10 minutes, the slightly disorienting rush fades to a solid opiate high. I cannot stress enough how unique the opium high is though. It is really in a completely different class from any other opiate. It doesn't even resemble the high from pod tea, which is a bit surprising. The high is very very complete and all encompassing. I have tried almost every opiate I can think of, and I would say that this one is far and away the most beautiful feeling. I feel as if the winter day outside has disappeared and I'm laying in a quiet field in the sun. I know that sounds almost ridiculous, but that is the place that quality opium takes you. It's very very peaceful and warm. I have to say, this certainly isn't as much as a functional high as something like oxycodone is. Oxy is very simple compared to this. This is a bit too euphoric and sedating to use while working. I can imagine that this would be GODLY to use while doing something like hiking or taking a walk on a summer evening.

That's it for now guys. I know this is a bit short, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_opium
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
explevel_retrospective
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm very nice description....makes me want some opium! I have purchased "opium" three times, and only once was it what i believed to be the real thing...but after this description, i just dont know because you made it sound so much more profound and powerful than what i achieved.
I think i just need to make my own.

Mmmm very nice description....makes me want some opium! I have purchased "opium" three times, and only once was it what i believed to be the real thing...but after this description, i just dont know because you made it sound so much more profound and powerful than what i achieved.
I think i just need to make my own.

Did the stuff you thought was real smell like I described? That's really the telltale sign. Remember though...my tolerance is low at the moment because I've been laying off opiates a bit lately. I'm sure that adds to the euphoria and intensity of the experience.

Sounds like you definitely had the real deal. Nice report!

excellent report. beautiful description. it's so hard to put this particular experience into words :)

yeah I never got the whole tar switch for opium thing. A friend offered me some 'opium' once and we smoked it and immediately I could taste that it was heroin (heroin also has a very distinctive smell/taste when smoking it). I told him and we thought it was all good (hehe).

Great Report , nothing beats the taste of opium. I would describe as smelling good enough to eat aswell :)

Everytime I hear someone tell me there opium taste like flowers I just think it can't be real opium. I'm pretty sure it's tar mixed with incense.

I smoked Opium on many occasions in Cambodia/Loas and it never smelled or tasted like flowers?

Seriously, I was smoking opium right in the Golden Triangle and I was expecting it to taste like flowers but was surprised as it in know way smells floral the taste was like a bitter liquice kinda taste

Think about it does poppy seed tea smell floral? . . . No it doesn't.
It's not the resin that smells floral it's the plants pollen and why the fuck would pollen be in your opium.

Also from how you describe the affects it sounds far too strong to be opium. I remember sitting down smoking for an hour straight trying to get a knod. Sure I got pretty high but it had nothing on heroin or Oxy.

Last edited:
The opium high is something that you have to learn to really appreciate. It doesnt smack you in the head like heroin or oxycontin. And i believe it should have a distinct smell, but it shouldnt be a really potent odor. From my experience it should be fairly sublte in all respects.

i've had "opium" before that was tar-like and I remember it distinctly smelling like flowers or potpurri even when lit. Do you think that what I got was bunk? We always smoked it on top of bowls though, never alone on a pin like hash.

I also got some imposter red-rock opium as well, that I swore for a long time was opium bc I felt higher than usual when smoked with my weed. Really it just gave me a headache and mild depression after smoking.

Glad you got the real thing though and enjoyed yourself. Grilled chicken smell? Really?

The opium high is something that you have to learn to really appreciate. It doesnt smack you in the head like heroin or oxycontin. And i believe it should have a distinct smell, but it shouldnt be a really potent odor. From my experience it should be fairly sublte in all respects.

you can definitely smoke so much you nod out just like on heroin

you can definitely smoke so much you nod out just like on heroin

Zeke sounds spot on

I smoked Opium on many many occasions and never got close to a nod.
Used to swallow massive lumps before bus rides and although strong was close to a nod.

What you people are smoking in the US i think is Heroin mixed with incense :\

The opium I smoked was really sticky and tasted like delicious flowers. It was also really smooth and I remember being able to take massive hits of it. I put it on top of weed and smoked it with a few friends. This is before I had done any other opiates and I now realize I only got threshold effects like a nice mood-lift and a slight floaty feeling.

I would smoke it for the taste alone, even if it didn't get you high.

^^But that's the thing, real opium doesn't taste or smell like flowers.

The pollen of the poppy smells rather floral . . . . not the pods sap (opium)

Again i'm pretty sure all opium in the U.S is part Heroin part incense. Who would even smuggle opium into the U.S when you can get a shit load more for Heroin per weight. Doesn't make sense.

I have gotten it before from friends that grow poppies...it definitely exists and floats around between friends