• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids

Jltemo33

Greenlighter
Should I wait a certain amount of time before switching from hydrocodone to oxycodone? I thought I read somewhere that its dangerous to mix both so I wanted to know how long I should wait in between. Thank you

I take them together all the time. It’s not dangerous to combine them, but it’s dangerous to take more overall/combined mg than you can you can tolerate.

I take them together all the time. It’s not dangerous to combine them, but it’s dangerous to take more overall/combined mg than you can you can tolerate.
it can certainly be dangerous..... this comment is absurd. if someone comes along and reads this and gets the idea that its okay to mix different opioids together like heroin and morphine, just because it's not a higher dose than they can tolerate is stupid, different opiates have varying degrees of respiratory depressive effect, the codones have a lesser respiratory effect, nontheless can still be lethal depending on dosage, stacking opiates compounds and stacks this effect, not only adding to the effect of one but adding to the overall effect because every opiate has a different one.

it can certainly be dangerous..... this comment is absurd. if someone comes along and reads this and gets the idea that its okay to mix different opioids together like heroin and morphine, just because it's not a higher dose than they can tolerate is stupid, different opiates have varying degrees of respiratory depressive effect, the codones have a lesser respiratory effect, nontheless can still be lethal depending on dosage, stacking opiates compounds and stacks this effect, not only adding to the effect of one but adding to the overall effect because every opiate has a different one.

All opioid use can be potentially dangerous. The risks need to be put in their context. Just saying "everything is dangerous", while probably true, isn't very helpful.

Yes mixing different opioids can certainly be dangerous. But I don't see how it's especially dangerous to mix hydrocodone and oxycodone. Unlike say benzos and opioids. Because the latter can so easily add up to more than the sum of their parts so to speak.

Mixing heroin and morphine as you mention as an example is probably particularly unlikely to be unexpectedly dangerous because the former metabolizes into the latter anyway fairly quickly.

Back when I was being drug tested on heroin a lot of the time morphine was the only thing that showed up. Sometimes morphine and 6,mam.

I get that you're concerned for people's safety, and there's nothing wrong with encouraging caution. Especially when mixing drugs. But I don't think just labeling everything dangerous is helpful, because it makes it impossible to emphasize the differences between different degrees of danger when everything is considered similarly dangerous.

You have no right to lecture on harm reduction. Check your previous posts to see how 'HR' related they are...

You have no right to lecture on harm reduction. Check your previous posts to see how 'HR' related they are...
Go check my previous posts, and really read them, dwell if you will, my message is clear and i need not explain to someone my view if they're saying they 'know' what my true view is, you'll come across hundreds if not over a thousand posts pertaining strictly to harm reduction, likely more than a thousand posts, threads with thousands of views, hundreds of replies discussing various topics among other things, you sir need to broaden your view of harm reduction. I'm never going to hide who i am, I'm an extremely heavy opiate user, absurdly heavy stimulant user, i've used more drugs in two weeks than you probably do in years, so don't you dare sit there and lecture me on what my message of Harm reduction is and say you read my posts.
that said, go ahead and dwell, rummage through posts, go ahead, or should i link you a hundred examples of proper Harm Reduction?

and if you think what i'm saying is lecturing, hop off your high horse and welcome to bluelight, 2,000 posts and you still don't have an open view or level of communication and think i'm being confrontational by saying that stacking opiates is dangerous? I use Morphine, Oxy and hydromorphone every single day, and have for the last 4 and a half almost 5 years, I use heroin, i I.v. i think i know the risks of opiates sir.

I also heavily use both Amphetamines, methamphetamine, Cocaine, crack cocaine among other stims, so when i say something is dangerous, there's reason for it.

This is truly a sad sad day. I can’t get it out of my head how much I care about you all. Then ill find you or someone passed on then I’ll think it’s my fault. My fault for not doing more.

Not dangerous to mix opiates from a interaction point of view. Doctors prescribe opiate combos all the time. Dilaudid and Demerol are a classic anasthesia cocktail.

But from an OD perspective, this can be an issue. The same dose of, say codeine, is not nearly as potent as the same dose of hydrocodone. Then oxycodone is even more potent. So you're only danger is overdosing. Interaction between opiates is not an issue at all.

Your comment is actually rather absurd. I am speaking from years of experience and I would not post something that I think is going to harm people. Oxy and hydro are not much different. I did not say that ALL opiates are the same, either. I mentioned nothing of heroin and thats a large leap for you to assume that just because I said it's safe to mix oxy and hydro, that it's safe to mix heroin and morphine. Two completely different scenerios. I was answering the OPs question on OXY AND HYDRO only.

We must remember to take on board each other’s points of view, and personal experience with the matters newbies in particular raise here. Don’t forget they arrive sometimes confused and doing the wise thing of reaching out for their own safety.

That is what we are here for, let’s not argue amongst ourselves. @Zonxx as with others have valuable insights to enrich this place. Mine or anyone else’s tit for tat bullshit, dilutes that for the reader who needs some clarity!!

Not dangerous to mix opiates from a interaction point of view. Doctors prescribe opiate combos all the time. Dilaudid and Demerol are a classic anasthesia cocktail.

But from an OD perspective, this can be an issue. The same dose of, say codeine, is not nearly as potent as the same dose of hydrocodone. Then oxycodone is even more potent. So you're only danger is overdosing. Interaction between opiates is not an issue at all.
This

Nobody even asked the original poster what the miligram was.........