• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioids -- Obscure Open Chain Opioids

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
Embutramide is an opioid used exclusively for veterinary euthanasia for animals up to about the size of a grown capybara. Controlled substance laws generally omit it or control it as a depressant rather than an opioid. The human therapeutic index was one of the lowest ones I have encountered in my research of this kind of thing: 50 mg kills the pain, 75 mg kills the patient. It was first synthesised at Hoechst, the German pharmaceutical concern, around or about 1958. Embutramide mixed with chloroquine and lignocaine is marketed as a fixed-ratio, proprietary drug for euthanising dogs in particular by the name of Embutane.

Amidones -- In addition to the optically active methadone, this sub-family includes isomethadone, normethadone, and others. Normethadone and norisomethadone are used as antitussives. Dipipanone and phenadoxone are also in this category.

Methadols -- Including the opioid substitution agent levoacetylalphamethadol (LAAM, Orlaaam) there are several used in medicine including noracymethadol

Moramides -- Developed in the late 1950s and early 1960s at Janssen, dextromoramide (Palfium) has high oral bioavailability and was made famous by Austrialian unsupervised opioid users.

Thiambutenes -- Covered in their own post

Ampromides -- This group includes propiram, an analgesic in the codeine range, as well as diampromide, which was invented by American Cyanamid in 1965 and the closely-related phenampromide. Propiram was invented by Bayer. Diampromide is significantly toxic; this drug which is in the general range of morphine, is often called a ring-opened version of fentanyl.

Phenalkoxams -- Propoxyphene is the racaemic mixture of dextropropoxyphene and levopropoxyphene. The former is, of course, Darvon and the latter is or was sold as an antitussive under the name Novrad (Darvon spelt backwards) The subfamily also includes
dioxyaphetyl butyrate, dimenoxadol, and norpropoxyphene.

Miscellaneous -- Lefetamine is an open-chain opioid

Last edited:
Love learning about obscure or unknown opiates! Please post more like this ether about old ones or also love to hear about the new rcs that have been coming out. I just ordered myself some brorphine (think that’s the spelling) not at all soluble but supposed to vape well and oral dissing is ok. Will let you know how it is when I get it

This looks like an interesting thread to watch, if it ever grows. I love learning about opiates/opioids.

Highly jealous of the ballsy fella above me who knows how to obtain these obscure opioids. I am ignorant when it comes to that side of the internet.

Highly jealous of the ballsy fella above me who knows how to obtain these obscure opioids. I am ignorant when it comes to that side of the internet.
same, I would like to try some RC's but I have no idea how to get them haha

Looks interesting, I have access to embutramine, but from what the post says I should be very careful if I decide to try it