• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioids & Lyrica

Hecticus

Bluelighter
I would like to discuss the combination of these drugs and even make a comparison with other combinations such as Alcohol, Benzodiazepines & GBL/GBH.

I've recently acquired a box of 75mg caps of lyrica which i had always though of as a GABBA agonist of some sort but after research has a very interesting pharmcology which has a stronger mood-lift than Benzodiazepines(which imo Benzos seems to make me irritable and bored as i can't stand not doing anything due to the lack of motivation, but ofcourse they still are great tools).

My question to you Opioid Abuses out there, what best potentiates opioids, what's your preference? If you have tried lyrica in combination how would you rate it in comparison to other depressants. Would really appreciate some answers or experiences especially from experienced users.

And please i know what i am doing, i am experienced , i know the risks. The last thing i want to do is encourage dangerous combinations. I am not opiate naive, far from it. As you can see from the prefix this is an (opioids) not HR.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Gabapentin are well known to potentiate opiates and opioids very nicely. Just don't take too much and/or get addicted to the Lyrica because it can have very serious withdrawl symptoms.

As you probably know combining opiates with alcohol or benzos is not recommended at all due to the fact that a lot of deadly ODs happen this way.
Also alcohol "destroys" the fine opiate buzz and just makes you feel fucked up.

Another pretty good potentiator is Tagamet (Cimetidine) and/or Grapefruit Juice.
There is a thread solely dedicated to Opiate potentiation which I recommend to read.

Btw, the primary goal of this site is harm reduction, so you can't just exclude this factor :)

There's definitely a synergy between certain opioids/ates and pregabalin. I've been using opioids for almost ten years now and rarely end up "on my face", whether it's tolerance or more attuned knowledge of my limits, I'm not sure. This is especially true for pharmaceutical opioids which can be doses with accuracy, unlike heroin. I often take methadone for its long duration of effect and the previously mentioned knowledge of its purity; 65mg orally most often. This sometimes leads me into a nod at around the 5 hour mark, but only if I'm sitting still, watching tv or reading. I'm generally pretty functional on it otherwise.

Well, I finagled a prescription for pregabalin from my PCP about 6 months back and generally consume it in a semi-abusive pattern, running out very early each month, but no withdrawal or dependence to speak of. Well, my normal dose of methadone which barely touches me, when combined with my recreational dose of pregabalin (600mg) had me so fucked that I couldn't even get up from a park bench. I tried a couple of time but just kept falling to my knees or back onto the bench. I'd been sitting reading "A Farewell to Arms" for a good three hours waiting for my drugs to kick in and taking in the sights. I was also severely itchy. When I woke up the next morning, I had scratched/rubbed my nose so badly that even a strong breeze was irritating to the tissue; another sign of some heavier opioid intoxication.

So yes, it makes for a pretty good potentiator for opioids, as does gabapentin, although the latter is a little more unpredictable in terms of onset, duration, effects, so it's harder to time it right for synergy in my experience. I'd recommend being careful combining the two. I don't think that I almost went cold or anything like that, but dangerous things can happen when you lose your awareness from being too fucked up i.e. getting hit by a bus or robbed.

Plain ol weed make my opies waay better, they last longer and I dose less often. Grapefruit juice works great too, drink about a half gallon loaded with sugar(tastes mad nasty without it) the day befor ur gonna use and it'll add 25% extra strength to ur dose ime. I've never mixed gabapentin or lyrica with my opies but now I gotta try that lol. But yeah plain weed is the best potentiater imo

Keif: Well that is a massive dose of Lyrica you added to your Methadone. I can only speak for Gabapentin but with that even ~300mg are enough to boost any opioid appreciable.

Also weed does not "potentiate" Opis in my experience. At least not in the way I think of potentiation. The combo is just pretty enjoyable but deters from the fine and fragile Opioid effects^^

I wish I woulda got that lyrica script the doc wrote me, but I just had $100 so just got my xanax and went and got pain pills..BUT I can speack for Gabapentin, my tolerance has gotten fairly high 1800mg for anxiety relief 3 grams for a 'high' it probly doesn't help I will take 6-8mg of klons/xanax along with it sometimes with Suboxone. But yes Gaba does potentiate opiates, its more energetic than a benzo, doesn't feel like benzo's execpt they calm you down/give you energy/make you chatty, and raise your sex drive, some people say they don't do anything or just knock you out(with 4 bars they do,lol)

Keif: Well that is a massive dose of Lyrica you added to your Methadone. I can only speak for Gabapentin but with that even ~300mg are enough to boost any opioid appreciable.

Also weed does not "potentiate" Opis in my experience. At least not in the way I think of potentiation. The combo is just pretty enjoyable but deters from the fine and fragile Opioid effects^^
Wow, really?!?! Your one of the only people I've spoken with that doesn't think weed helps the opies. Are u a regular weed smoker? Everyone I know in real life says the weed helps kick start the opiates. I don't get a full opiate buzz without the weed which sucks for me cause I've had to take the last month off of smoking. Been using a little more dope than I would normally use if I could smoke...

Wow, really?!?! Your one of the only people I've spoken with that doesn't think weed helps the opies. Are u a regular weed smoker? Everyone I know in real life says the weed helps kick start the opiates. I don't get a full opiate buzz without the weed which sucks for me cause I've had to take the last month off of smoking. Been using a little more dope than I would normally use if I could smoke...

That's because you're addicted to marijuana which does mix well with most things. Thanks for the responses, i've only tried 75mg so far when i dose and i do find that it potentiates the moodlift mainly, i may try 150mg on another occasion. Can't believe i never thought of grapefruit juice, definitely worth a go :)

It has to be the white grapefruit juice if I'm not mistaken, just FYI.

Addicted to weed, rotfflmfao!!!!!

You're not alone, my first time getting high on hydrocodone was when I was already a pot head. After an hour of not feeling much of anything I hit my vape and then the synergy between the two was incredible. So now it feels like I'm wasting my opiates if I don't combine it with weed.

Addicted to weed, rotfflmfao!!!!!

Uhm, what is so funny about that? A lot of people get pretty nasty withdrawls after smoking regularly for a period of time including heavy insomnia, night sweats, nausea etc.
This is a well known fact so I don't understand your attempt at ridiculing :?
As for your question, yes I do smoke regularly and I like the combo but I don't think weed potentiates the opioid effects. It just synergizes very nicely but also deters and overrides some of the effects we all like so much.

Also many like to just smoke normal cigarettes on opies since the nicotine and the process of smoking are more enjoyable that way.

Uhm, what is so funny about that? A lot of people get pretty nasty withdrawls after smoking regularly for a period of time including heavy insomnia, night sweats, nausea etc.
This is a well known fact so I don't understand your attempt at ridiculing :?
As for your question, yes I do smoke regularly and I like the combo but I don't think weed potentiates the opioid effects. It just synergizes very nicely but also deters and overrides some of the effects we all like so much.

Also many like to just smoke normal cigarettes on opies since the nicotine and the process of smoking are more enjoyable that way.
I hear u bro, I'm not ridiculing but I've just never believes pot was addicting. Maybe it's a little psychologically addicting a little but idk. Trust me man I didn't mean to make light of anyone's situation and I'm sry if I offended u, that wasn't my intention at all. I've never really smoked much of that new wave hydro shit so maybe the chems used to grow that have a different effect on people idk.
I don't really see the difference between synergizing and potentiating, to me what u described whith the hydrocodone experience and needing weed to get the full effects of ur opiates is potentiating. Idk I could be wrong but I think we're splitting hairs here. Anyway bro I'm not here to argue, im way to old for that shit. We can just agree that your right and leave it at that. Take care bro!

No problem man, just wanted to clarify this. And you are right about splitting hairs. I was just a little bit grumpy in the morning :)
You take care too, and sry for offtopic. Back to Opis+Lyrica.

I hear u bro, I'm not ridiculing but I've just never believes pot was addicting. Maybe it's a little psychologically addicting a little but idk. Trust me man I didn't mean to make light of anyone's situation and I'm sry if I offended u, that wasn't my intention at all. I've never really smoked much of that new wave hydro shit so maybe the chems used to grow that have a different effect on people idk.
I don't really see the difference between synergizing and potentiating, to me what u described whith the hydrocodone experience and needing weed to get the full effects of ur opiates is potentiating. Idk I could be wrong but I think we're splitting hairs here. Anyway bro I'm not here to argue, im way to old for that shit. We can just agree that your right and leave it at that. Take care bro!

If you do not feel content when high on opioids without weed either you don't like opiates(impossible) or you 'love' your weed, nothing wrong with it, it's only the most widely used illicit recreational drug.

We'll I dont nod out or anything so I don't really get blasted off opies or anything like that I take the min. Amt possible but when I smoke weed it just helps it along. I can take the weed or leave it but I definitely prefer to smoke with the opies. It's just been a part of my life for so long now(23yrs), I kinda feel like something is missing when I'm not on the pot if that makes any sense? On the pot! Lmfao!!!

You're not alone, my first time getting high on hydrocodone was when I was already a pot head. After an hour of not feeling much of anything I hit my vape and then the synergy between the two was incredible. So now it feels like I'm wasting my opiates if I don't combine it with weed.

I totally agree...Im on 25 mg oxy atm...and currently smoking some fire...it synergises EXTREMELY well. just cant overdo it with the green..just a few hits every few hrs. benzos and opiates are a total waste without green.

Stay safe

I totally agree...Im on 25 mg oxy atm...and currently smoking some fire...it synergises EXTREMELY well. just cant overdo it with the green..just a few hits every few hrs. benzos and opiates are a total waste without green.

Stay safe

Not to mention weed also helps with the nausea.

I totally agree Snake...im currently on 25 mg oxycodone and smoking a tad of dank. They SYNERGISE very well. but don't overdo it with the green. a few hits every few hrs.

Benzos and opiates are a total waste without the almighty potentiator............WEED

I would like to discuss the combination of these drugs and even make a comparison with other combinations such as Alcohol, Benzodiazepines & GBL/GBH.

I've recently acquired a box of 75mg caps of lyrica which i had always though of as a GABBA agonist of some sort but after research has a very interesting pharmcology which has a stronger mood-lift than Benzodiazepines(which imo Benzos seems to make me irritable and bored as i can't stand not doing anything due to the lack of motivation, but ofcourse they still are great tools).

My question to you Opioid Abuses out there, what best potentiates opioids, what's your preference? If you have tried lyrica in combination how would you rate it in comparison to other depressants. Would really appreciate some answers or experiences especially from experienced users.

And please i know what i am doing, i am experienced , i know the risks. The last thing i want to do is encourage dangerous combinations. I am not opiate naive, far from it. As you can see from the prefix this is an (opioids) not HR.
I often use lyrica to boost methadone and noticed that over 900mg lyrica should not be taken while methadone which is in my case 70mg
but all below that ⸸notice⸸ for me is fine
I dropped when I took over 900mg and 70mg methadone I woke up half body on the couch and half at ground and I were so out of it.
also got seizure after that my girlfriend said I didn't remember anything so be caReful
⸸ㄙसاـꪕغ