• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opioid withdrawl causing pass outs? please help!

T9358

Bluelighter
My career has been a decent one starting with hydrocodone and ending with fentanyl and buprenorphine... over a 10 yr period.
The issue is I don't seem to get the sweats anymore during withdrawl anymore just endless sleep and lethargy. I could easily sleep 36 hrs something I would think a stim user coming off a binge would do.

Well it got worse and I would really like to know the cause, EX: I am driving my car and I will literally start nodding as if I was high as hell yet be in day 5 of withdrawl. this is so bad I pull over and put the car in park just fast enough to nod out ( I am hot, feeling flu like, and have almost every textbook symptom of detox) Now I will sleep for 20-45 min and then be good to go for another 20 min and the cycle repeats itself. This comes on at random and cannot be fought off by epic caffeine intake.

Its dangerous for fellow drivers and myself and its a massive disruption to my work and daily plans...... I was clean for about 2 months and had protracted withdrawls the whole time with these ''detox nods'' going on, some advice would be great or shared stories or an explanation.

Thank any of you ahead of time

btw I was on serious amounts of tramadol the whole time as well taking around 28- 50mg pills a day for a week then 300mg a day after my bottle got low.

Is this some symptom of tramadols 5-ht release and noradrenaline re-uptake not being present ( I was not taking them during detox)

:

Tramadol is a weird opiate, with some extra weird withdrawal symptoms. Sounds to me like you are also experiencing some SSRI withdrawal symptoms along side opiate withdrawal symptoms. I believe tramadol has some effect as an SSRI right? Either way, it has some extra fucked and weird withdrawals.

PS. 28 50MG PILLS A DAY OF TRAMADOL!@?@!?!@?!@?!@? YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A SEIZURE DUDE! THE MAX RECOMMEND DOSE IS LIKE 450MG in a day! ANY MORE THEN THAT AND YOU SEVERELY LOWER YOUR SEIZURE THRESHOLD. Dude it is possible you are having seizures... Quit the tram ASAP and maybe go to the ER and explain what has been happening... Your life could be in danger. And fuck, DO NOT DRIVE if this shit is happening man. What if you nodded out and killed someone or yourself?

Last edited:
Yeah man that's way too much tramadol, like over 3x the maximum daily dose. I can actually relate to the sheer exhaustion during withdrawal. I get about a dozen or two micro-sleeps per day during withdrawal. Other people find it impossible to sleep during withdrawal but it's actually all I can do. Granted I am very restless and uncomfortable I still can fall asleep and go through a REM cycle before being awoken by RLS & anxiety. I think it's related to what kind of opioid you were abusing. I found it much easier to sleep during oxycodone, bupe and kratom withdrawal versus sedating opioids like morphine and H.

You have to know, Tramadol is an Opiate AND an SSRI drug.
Tramadol W/d Can be REAL bad because of the SSRI properties it has.

But REAL opiate W/D, from Oxycodone, Methadone, Hydrocodone, Heroin, etc. I have NEVER not once nodded during WITHDRAWAL.

At frist I was on pills, 2 years of Hydrocodone, doses ranging from 80-120mg/daily, taken orally. 3 years of Oxycodone abuse, doses ranging from 120-200mg/daily, taken orally and sometimes smoked them. Then pills got too expensive, and i moved on to smoking Black Tar Heroin for about 2 years. My W/d was so bad, i was getting dehydrated to the point where i was going to die. I was immediatley rushed to the hospital, they put me on IV right away of how dehydrated i was, they IV'd me water, until the doctor came in, he said this to me and my parents, after giving IV meds to calm me down, (Morphine, Ativan, and Promethazine), he told my parents the only way to save your sons life is 2 ways, 1. Rehab, which was not a choice for us because we couldnt afford $20k/month. 2. Methadone Treatment Therapy. Then i immidiately signed up at a Methadone clinic,. Without Methadone, I can honestly say i would't be alive today. I have been on it for the last 3 years. It was a god send to me because it saved my life and kept me away from Heroin.

It could possibly just be the sheer exhaustion caused by multiple days of intense physiological symptoms.
Though the mention of possible absence seizures is something you really should consider. I have experienced various levels of seizure from serotonergic over-use, and taking 1400mg of Tramadol a day is basically asking for such a result.
Do you simply feel a reduction in consciousness, or are there other symptoms? Before it happens, are there any warning signs? Visual "auras" and vertigo were reliable indicators for myself.