• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opioid Receptor Saturation?

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Sorry if this is ignorant but I have a question. Since things have changed in an extreme manner since my original pain routine post-military, my pain medication is significantly lower than it was. When I was prescribed Oxycontin, though it took a bit to kick in, I had all day relief. I had to dose twice daily, but the 2nd dose worked as well as the first.

Only having 10mg 4x a day of Oxycodone is tough. The first dose in the morning is the only true relief I get. It is definitely not a complete match for my pain but it does help a bit. Seemingly, the following 3 doses do nothing. Obviously there must be some effect they have but my pain is not managed very well throughout the day.

My logic has been, although not much relief, by taking 4x a day I will have the most relief possible. As days go on it is getting harder and I am wondering something. If I were to take 20mg in the morning, would the saturation of my opioid receptors have any impact on the rest of the day? I know the dose won't last any longer than a 10mg dose but I am wondering if a slightly larger dose will have any impact on the next doses of the day. Or will it be the opposite? Sorry for an idiotic question. I got great advice with black seed oil which seems to help with inflammation and I'm just trying to get the most relief out of my medication as possible. Thanks in advance.

Hey all,

Sorry if this is ignorant but I have a question. Since things have changed in an extreme manner since my original pain routine post-military, my pain medication is significantly lower than it was. When I was prescribed Oxycontin, though it took a bit to kick in, I had all day relief. I had to dose twice daily, but the 2nd dose worked as well as the first.

Only having 10mg 4x a day of Oxycodone is tough. The first dose in the morning is the only true relief I get. It is definitely not a complete match for my pain but it does help a bit. Seemingly, the following 3 doses do nothing. Obviously there must be some effect they have but my pain is not managed very well throughout the day.

My logic has been, although not much relief, by taking 4x a day I will have the most relief possible. As days go on it is getting harder and I am wondering something. If I were to take 20mg in the morning, would the saturation of my opioid receptors have any impact on the rest of the day? I know the dose won't last any longer than a 10mg dose but I am wondering if a slightly larger dose will have any impact on the next doses of the day. Or will it be the opposite? Sorry for an idiotic question. I got great advice with black seed oil which seems to help with inflammation and I'm just trying to get the most relief out of my medication as possible. Thanks in advance.
i was about to say, take 20 in the morning and 10 at say 1 pm, and wait as long as you can to take the last BUT Don't take it before eating, always after (except for the first dose) because eating i find kills the opiates effectiveness for me.

but you have to keep in mind, tolerance is a double edged sword, by taking that 10 extra in the morning eventually the 10s won't feel as effective.

Also- if i take all my morphine in the morning i feel as though i'm still good much longer than when i take 100mg off my dose to save for later, infact just because im TRYING to cut down on opiates lately, i tested myself while on an amphetamine binge this week, id take a large dose of my opiates, without getting into my amp use it went like this -
i was able to take 1 large morph dose around 2pm - around 11pm it started to get alittle bad and i refused to take anything and i actually lasted until 3 or 4 am, so 14 hours
day 2 test was with extra hydromorphone /oxy i took 12 mg hydro, and 20mg oxy together - lasted 12 hours BUT i knew i could make it alittle longer but this dose is significantly smaller than my morph doses, but i was fatigued as fuck so that really aided, and i didnt have any responsiblities so i didn't really move from my couch that day.

the trick to taking doses later is... dealing with the pain that slowly comes back, its gonna be there and essentially theyre prescribed not so youre not in pain, but to MANAGE the pain and allow you to being lets say a 10 down to a 3-5.

Can i suggest you perhaps ask you doctor for Pregabalin and i hate to reccomend gabapentin but docs are more willing to dish that out like candy, they take the opiate wd edge off quite effectively pregab works much better ALSO helps with anxiety a ton. it is a gabaergic .

Last edited:
What was your OxyContin dose bud? It’s bloody madness as the contin is less likely to be abused than your IR, through laziness if nothing else ????

What was your OxyContin dose bud? It’s bloody madness as the contin is less likely to be abused than your IR, through laziness if nothing else ????
well hes not abusing his medications, he needs them clearly.. but yes oxycontin time release oxy may be effective for over the day.

also, when i take 40-80mg oxycodone alone (keep in mind i take 300-400mg morphine per day plus the breakthrough meds oxy and hydro) the oxy does certainly last longer, at the cost of tolerance when i want to take a normal dose of it.

well hes not abusing his medications, he needs them clearly.. but yes oxycontin time release oxy may be effective for over the day.
No I meant, why do they change someone from happily on a 12hrly to IR to curb an “epidemic”

also, when i take 40-80mg oxycodone alone (keep in mind i take 300-400mg morphine per day plus the breakthrough meds oxy and hydro) the oxy does certainly last longer, at the cost of tolerance when i want to take a normal dose of it.
And therefore the Yanks trying to reign in the out of control prescribing, are giving chronic pain patients IR in place of their “Contins” that will have a detrimental effect I suspect!!

And therefore the Yanks trying to reign in the out of control prescribing, are giving chronic pain patients IR in place of their “Contins” that will have a detrimental effect I suspect!!
Idk the switch, stupid.. same drug if er works for him mskes no sense to switch i crush ALL er pills because i believe in control over my meds but... IR or ER doesnt matter man, people are suffering from real pain from a billion different reasons, and theres very few opiate users who strictly use them to get high. Id be 50%. Are sent to the street becsyse doctors wont treat their pain accordingly. I did, and i told my doctor so, i told him my pain is unbearable and i dont care about dying if i can get relief, on thst day i was upped on all my dosages, had a loooong talk about them and that no other doc will just give them to me, but thats the problem, theres some docs that over prescribe but hey if youre not really hurting and you gobble painkillers is it the doctors fault? The painkillers? No its the persons.

We never heard much about heroin till this fent bullsbit came over from china, its caused real problems.

Thank both you guys, it truly is appreciated! I was on Oxycontin 80mg 2x daily and Opana IR 40mg for breakthru pain. I tried 160mg at first but I felt I got the opiate euphoria and instant relief but it all went away too fast.

And isn't it ridiculous? Granted the dose was high, but I even asked to just be put on 40mg Oxycontin! I never sniff the IR and they have such an abuse potential I have no idea why they won't give them to me anymore. And Opana was the best relief ever but they won't even consider it because of the 90MME BS. I guess it converts to too high a Morphine equivalent or something. What is the worst about our fake crisis is I cannot even tell them this isn't helping.

From the doctor himself "...if you are not well-managed on Oxycodone, the next and only step left is Methadone. I know it is used for addicts but you will have take-home tablets to avoid a clinic." Living my literal nightmare here. Luckily my Psychiatrist is amazing and I get 4MG of Clonazepam daily which manages my PTSD but this chronic pain gives me more depression and anxiety than anything. Really debate suicide a lot of days

Also- if i take all my morphine in the morning i feel as though i'm still good much longer than when i take 100mg off my dose to save for later, infact just because im TRYING to cut down on opiates lately, i tested myself while on an amphetamine binge this week, id take a large dose of my opiates, without getting into my amp use it went like this -
i was able to take 1 large morph dose around 2pm - around 11pm it started to get alittle bad and i refused to take anything and i actually lasted until 3 or 4 am, so 14 hours
day 2 test was with extra hydromorphone /oxy i took 12 mg hydro, and 20mg oxy together - lasted 12 hours BUT i knew i could make it alittle longer but this dose is significantly smaller than my morph doses, but i was fatigued as fuck so that really aided, and i didnt have any responsiblities so i didn't really move from my couch that day.

the trick to taking doses later is... dealing with the pain that slowly comes back, its gonna be there and essentially theyre prescribed not so youre not in pain, but to MANAGE the pain and allow you to being lets say a 10 down to a 3-5.

Can i suggest you perhaps ask you doctor for Pregabalin and i hate to reccomend gabapentin but docs are more willing to dish that out like candy, they take the opiate wd edge off quite effectively pregab works much better ALSO helps with anxiety a ton. it is a gabaergic .
Damn dude I need y'alls connects.Your like well I was on a adderall bing and took 100 mg of morphine Dilaudid, hydrocodone, pregablin.Thats alot of fucking drugs dude.I only see Dilaudid in the ER.

Idk the switch, stupid.. same drug if er works for him mskes no sense to switch i crush ALL er pills because i believe in control over my meds but... IR or ER doesnt matter man, people are suffering from real pain from a billion different reasons, and theres very few opiate users who strictly use them to get high. Id be 50%. Are sent to the street becsyse doctors wont treat their pain accordingly. I did, and i told my doctor so, i told him my pain is unbearable and i dont care about dying if i can get relief, on thst day i was upped on all my dosages, had a loooong talk about them and that no other doc will just give them to me, but thats the problem, theres some docs that over prescribe but hey if youre not really hurting and you gobble painkillers is it the doctors fault? The painkillers? No its the persons.
Definitely agree with that.

It don't sound like your doctors worried about the opioid epidemic.Holy shit!!!!

It don't sound like your doctors worried about the opioid epidemic.Holy shit!!!!
I feel like its other doctors faults for not treating pain how they should. Probably half the users if not more use to self medicate for pain and its too bad just because of this fucking fentanyl.. you NEVER heard about damn opiates as much before this crappy epidemic, yeah some users wana get off, i mean thats fine but its too bad fent is cheap so its carelessly added to heroin

Before fent you hardly heard about opiates but like alcohol in the 1920s w prohibition.. ppl drank to death ...it was demonized but a good while later prohibition was over

Its in the exact same catagory, it should be looked at the same way, IMAGINE IF YOU COULD MORE EASILY OBTAIN OXYCODONE AND HEROIN WAS LEGAL oh boy thatd be somthing just like it was before, you could walk into a pharma shop in 1870-1910im not sure when it all ended bt anyways, and purchase any amount of COCAINE morphine and heroin....those were the days

I feel like its other doctors faults for not treating pain how they should. Probably half the users if not more use to self medicate for pain and its too bad just because of this fucking fentanyl.. you NEVER heard about damn opiates as much before this crappy epidemic, yeah some users wana get off, i mean thats fine but its too bad fent is cheap so its carelessly added to heroin

Before fent you hardly heard about opiates but like alcohol in the 1920s w prohibition.. ppl drank to death ...it was demonized but a good while later prohibition was over

Its in the exact same catagory, it should be looked at the same way, IMAGINE IF YOU COULD MORE EASILY OBTAIN OXYCODONE AND HEROIN WAS LEGAL oh boy thatd be somthing just like it was before, you could walk into a pharma shop in 1870-1910im not sure when it all ended bt anyways, and purchase any amount of COCAINE morphine and heroin....those were the days
No shit man.I bet laudanum was great...

Haha i bet, i almost wana make my own drinkable opiate by getting some juice alil vodka and dumping in crushed oxy and hydros to make a super beverage that i could drink all day
Hell yea.Are you on pain management to get all them meds are you get that from a GP?