• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioid Induced Constipation Sickness

can only think of as a nurse drinking\eating load of bacteria yogurty things. if u had heavy antibiotics it can slow mobility n doball kinds. first its glycerin suppositories then motillum? the powder mix drink (add black current n leave it pretty undiluted it mings)

Sorry OrangeFairySkruff, I didn't really understand everything you were trying to tell me, but I highlighted a part I am familiar with.

This all started 6ish years ago: I was scheduled for a small bowel resection for the Crohn's, but a week out before, I contacted strep throat and went on antibiotics. They switched me over to another antibiotic when the strep came back a week later - then I started getting abnormally sick. They switched me to around 3 more different antibiotics(this is where they fucked up) and I just got worse and worse feeling until I was so bad, the resection surgery was called off and I've never felt the same since.
I must admit, back then I was taking opioids too, though hydrocodone and a much smaller dosage. My memory isn't very clear of that time, but I am PRETTY sure I did start taking more hydrocodone during my strep incident, too. I do remember always wondering why I wasn't having diarrhea (I've had Crohn's since I was 12, and when I was younger, diarrhea was always the biggest problem. The Crohn's disease inflammation is in the same area it was when I was younger[the ileum, very end of small intestine]) so me having been on opioids almost this whole time can probably explain why I've had constipation and not diarrhea.

I agree it really does sound gastroparesis and possibly related short intestine bacterial overgrowth. I've experienced this with loperamide... very unpleasant.

This really does sound the most logical considering the CONSTANT bad breath along with it. There is another thread with someone talking about the same constipation/bacterial overgrowth/bad breath/sickness, and they talked about having a (unrelated) problem with thickening walls of the end of the small intestine that exasperated the bacterial overgrowth. I too have a thickening of the walls at the end of my small intestine from the Crohn's.

I am still very open to anyone's experiences or thoughts on opioid induced constipation and it causing lasting sickness. Anyone's thoughts are very appreciated.

With the extra info you've given us the more it sounds like gastroparesis.

You said you've had blood tests which would not tell you if you have it or not. The main test is where they monitor how long it takes for your body to digest food.

Also you said liquid diets help. Well... a diet for a gastroparesis patient is a liquid diet just with smaller meals.

There are only 3 causes for gastroparesis known so far. Unknown diabetes and opiates. When my docs thought mine was 100% from opiates I could my methadone down over 60% and no change what so ever. But they explained that the body becomes accustomed to even a small ammount of opiates and there's no real way to tell until you've been off them and clean for some time.

Strangely I had another doc tell me that smoking pot has links to gastroparesis. I didn't believe it but when I quit my brain fog wasn't as strong.

Hope this helps

I was naughty n had been having a load of downers, this PC is awful coupled with me typing hyper cos I get rebound fx I miss typos.

I'd defo not say Dr its oxy or etc anything.

big ups to whoever said ur sh1t will be a religious experience lol....
Mr whippy with a flake.

omg seriously least its not street brown it just stops n ur straining top half's going mental but ur bunged up

can u feel pressure, mobility.... loperimides main profile is its equal to opium as a anti diorreal agent. I've had umteen n v bugs as a health worker. they do leave perminant damage.

u seem undecided about the oxy... motillum, picolax n glycerine suppositories....

u can easily do 2-4 pints watery drink. obviously anymore ur gonna be doing a Leah betts whose dad forced her to have 8+ litres (if I'm wrong I'm wrong, just going my friends statement on a pro chill out area campaign when I helped medic with a mate at cream in the courtyard n upstairs by the Loo's)

opiods main function is like to suck all water from lower interestne n allow ur kidneys to process drugs n toxins.

if u panic its harder. smoke a few ciggys after few days fluid n curry's n lime pickle buttys....

I have terrible abdo issues n been examined by umteen consultants n registrars while working they used to I'm me with buscopam morphine stemitil n give me n hour paid off to kip in staff room... lol. no wonder they paid me off to not give evidence in court they sacked managers n head of hospital. they tried to burn my staff file full of thanks for not letting my x y z die in a corridor.

push fluids, get glycerine oral, glycerine suppositories, lax and sugar free gum, u absorb the diorreal agent in half hour.

in UK gp will be well suss as they want everyone on detox n nerve pain anti depressants....

u shout investigate urself. if u have pain more than blockage hyoscine ?buscacide? buscopam neway is grill for all stomach issues from detox to bunged up. its sclopamine ffs DONT SNORT IT READ EROWID it works on ur CNS level bypassing other systems n smoothing out muscle tissue etc.

oral kiddie syringe mildly warm water u could drink , bit of moisturiser n do a few flushes. that if u put some tissue behind u n lie down till u haaaaave to go will start to creap up colon.

if u go gp imply I've been illmhot sweaty with weather not drinking enough fluids as I take it u wanna keep ur oxys if not u should swopsies for what u do need. I absolutely swore by methadone for a year when I'd done ten on MST morph inj im n dhc (300mg plus no relief). methadone split twelve hour doses is the daddy n oxy to WD off it.

I never got abdo problems unless I'd been a rave/birthday/gym that stuff was great it was super cheap. u just gotta not take piss n keep 5litres n oxys or dhc for ur run off if u wanna be clean fully.

methadone is soooo perfect pain drug for ppl predisposed to abuse as u can't fuc with it. after 3 months ull only want physceptone tabs or green liquid as its the daddy, minimal side fx profile ESPECIALLY if u split doses n do 12 hour half n half. that split also was what got me off it cos I split it into four swopped to dhc n felt better n then took loperimide n buscopam.

I've had and am allergic to most antibiotics I collapsed in resus n someone gave me fluids n a thump on my chest n I came back.

antibiotics r evil n d n v bugs too. u are likely used to dehydration in ur stomach ERM can u get internal thrush? what does ur poo look like....

if its dark n feels like coal irrigation n suppositories, green or white fluffy then diorreah infective,bovertly smelly when u do pass ?infective?

urgh I took my nitraz to goto bed. but im hyper now!
like try an oral syringe half glycerol half warm drinking water....

haha hands up if I've tried a hit with it straight out the pan(no pin on end obviously) p.anus. lol oooooow!

can u intentionally WD urself? 1week. drop ur oxy off slowly n stop till ur punching walls n spazy n rattling n see if u don't fill the pan....

u always have that opition as u can snort an oxy say quarter dose I don't know ur WD profiles- tolerance, is snorting too much n be free of pain in ten mins. if u can't hack the wd even if u got non abusable oxy take a break clear out ur intestines, brown rice mild curry's fruit smoothies etc to encourage healthy growth.

if u have chrones etc food allergies go side by side. I did an exclusion diet. EVERYONE gets abdo issues from chocolate but it makes me tingle when I'm smaked off my Barnet. if I didn't have part time access I'd never of WD. but day I found out I gave my mum me bank card bought n oz broke it into 100bags n deleted all my numbers n let ppl think I was suss cos I was taking some one to court anyway. swopped to methadone. its worth trying by or a week if ur drs V WELL INFORMED ON THE PAIN LADDER. don't go subby route or msts. oramorphs a giggle its like happy time methadone if ur genuine pain user...

odds on neway its all by the bye u bin on oxys enough to have a fairly nasty case of w.d.s I'd reduce ur dose by half if not fully ull defo open ur bowels.

if u go Dr or hospital they'll try this anyway. least ur in control u can swop ur oxys for some downers to ease the WD while u flush out.

what's ur pallor? u yellowy under eyes, exchanged works, shared spoon, got a mate with hep c who's used ur toothbrush.... that can cause kidneys to pack in etc n u to bung up.

I've met plenty of abdo pain sufferers who smoke h as a last resort.

I can't really have it around me as I don't trust the person I was when I was smoking 7g a day to manage symptoms of breakthru pain annnnnnd then 12 hr later for withdrawal. even then its 14 hours after smoke w/e n no matter how bunged up u are ur splattering the pan n bringing up bile.....

do u get that with oxy? u got legit script? how many mg how many times a day....

that'd answer missing aDvice... cos either way ur clinician is gonna NOT INCREASE UR DOSE N RECOMMEND DIFFERENT MEDS OR DTOX, N THEY DO IT QUICKLY NASTY...

oh yeah n do u get that bile spewy thing with oxy? if so do u snort it, stick it up u bum or sublingual of dissolve in whiskey etc

IM HAPPY TO BE BUNGED UP TWOMG LOPERIMIDE N 2 BUSCOPAN. SAME FEELING AS ON ANY OPIATE AS I DESTROYED MY RECEPTORS.

it comes down to is ur script in ur name
have u tried to follow good diet etc
and really if ur looking like a zombie u need blood running. no good me telling u to drink fluids if ur experiencing multiple organ failure.

poo is good. it's all ur toxins, but two of my aunties don't go more than once a week, regular amount etc. lol too many medics n from north so poo is one of them things u chat about.... try having kids my daughter brings home new bugs weekly each time she goes home I have new n interesting symptoms.

I go more on downers. if above advice fails, lube up++++ double drop ur oxty dose sit in bath do ewhat u gotta. my ex got so sick we couldn't get our gear (for ten of us) out her bum four bags of quarter oz in end she eased the shower minus head up n it alllllll came out.good job I had a few bags up me or shed of not been able to have a smoke n dig n squeeze the shit out.

as said in prev . for holidays layers of plastic,the wax or moisture oil more bags n burn end off n round it out, bit lube n three hour flight pop it out into bidet when u land. only use they have lol.

u ever put e up ur bum... man ull be shivering n pooin till there's nout left, ull of prob got readyvwhile sitting on pan n wanna go out lol.

I'm never talking about bums again till I find my old xray photo collection. I got a light box n a teddy ruxbin on low exposure u can see the lot. NHS is great. they'd do any xray/s for litre vodka. health service is so funny

proctology fairy signing out wiping up flushing n washing hands.

I think its 50\50 oxy long term coming thru. stop ur oxy a few teeth gritted days n eliminate factors

good luck. don't block drains like my mate did smuggling sooooooo much opium from India he mustn't have gone for week plus.... he used the I'm doing Brit n got deported on his visa as per usual n always got his flights. last time they locked him up good n he's having to rewrap n swallow n take the o in this outdoor camp holding area where u could go into town. strangely there where scousers there with him lol

Last edited:
how on earth do you guys get presciption for insane 150mg + doses for painless diseases when i just had major back surgery and struggling to get 10mg oxycodone prescribed an i had to beg and check into the ER for it

bad breath? oral thrush maybe colonised ur dry not too moist lacking in bacteria insides. fek it take strep n strap killing meds once I've opened ur bowels n put it right.

rabdomylises minor organ failure acidosis n
DEHYDRATATION are contenders. just fing push two two litre bottles of cordial or best. u fill one up u can see how many ml. targets one 2l non caffeinated water next time I mooch on here.

I think all sugar free stuff is a laxative. NHS stuff I got free with my litres of green a month was a laxative....

oral upper respiritory\osophogeal\ soft pallet infections\ bad dental infections could be causing general toxicity.

if its beeeeen ages, I doubt its life threatening other than increasing ur chases of ulcer etc bursting later in life n that's got high mortality rate.

the breath thing r u self diagnosing.... opiates make u run dry neway. clear water will not make it worse. I'd put u on no oral iv u ringers solution, dexrose or saline iv thru a line xray u n put u in laperotomy queue. neither scope can reach where needs to be looked at. x rays are pretty useless unless u perferate, which as days go on sounds unlikely. give itself four days from when u read this to first soften stools, stop oxy n see if u can trick itself into opening bowels. u will eventually build up toxins. I forget term but same reason I'm not having lap. coly is when abdo is handled it goes into peristalsis. common post op. u could have drug induced peristalsis n are running a bit toxic. bloods, fluids, xray, arterial gasses so ur blood pH (Vis a vis) level of hydration can be seen. u could be on the cusp of late onset diabetics if I was gonna go all out. exersize is slow walk etc is good for stomach.

is back of ur tounge mouth white, sign of infection someone else referee too.

fluids n cut ur oxy out from now n see for as long as u can stand it if u can go.

u may find ur pain relief is masking other syptoms too.

back to PTSD afraid to sleep for me hope ur OK. 2\10 adults just has bad breath. ur gums bleed easily? gingivitis, red herring
to ?u neededing few days break from meds to open up?

bad breath? oral thrush maybe colonised ur dry not too moist lacking in bacteria insides. fek it take strep n strap killing meds once I've opened ur bowels n put it right.

rabdomylises minor organ failure acidosis n
DEHYDRATATION are contenders. just fing push two two litre bottles of cordial or best. u fill one up u can see how many ml. targets one 2l non caffeinated water next time I mooch on here.

I think all sugar free stuff is a laxative. NHS stuff I got free with my litres of green a month was a laxative....

oral upper respiritory\osophogeal\ soft pallet infections\ bad dental infections could be causing general toxicity.

if its beeeeen ages, I doubt its life threatening other than increasing ur chases of ulcer etc bursting later in life n that's got high mortality rate.

the breath thing r u self diagnosing.... opiates make u run dry neway. clear water will not make it worse. I'd put u on no oral iv u ringers solution, dexrose or saline iv thru a line xray u n put u in laperotomy queue. neither scope can reach where needs to be looked at. x rays are pretty useless unless u perferate, which as days go on sounds unlikely. give itself four days from when u read this to first soften stools, stop oxy n see if u can trick itself into opening bowels. u will eventually build up toxins. I forget term but same reason I'm not having lap. coly is when abdo is handled it goes into peristalsis. common post op. u could have drug induced peristalsis n are running a bit toxic. bloods, fluids, xray, arterial gasses so ur blood pH (Vis a vis) level of hydration can be seen. u could be on the cusp of late onset diabetics if I was gonna go all out. exersize is slow walk etc is good for stomach.

is back of ur tounge mouth white, sign of infection someone else referee too.

fluids n cut ur oxy out from now n see for as long as u can stand it if u can go.

u may find ur pain relief is masking other syptoms too.

back to PTSD afraid to sleep for me hope ur OK. 2\10 adults just has bad breath. ur gums bleed easily? gingivitis, red herring
to ?u neededing few days break from meds to open up?

Dude are you tweaking? 2 posts of mostly irrelevant rambling nonsense...

how on earth do you guys get presciption for insane 150mg + doses for painless diseases when i just had major back surgery and struggling to get 10mg oxycodone prescribed an i had to beg and check into the ER for it

Firstly, I was subscribed Oxycodone because of a near death acute pancreatitis incident. Before this incident, about 6 years ago like I explained in another post, I contracted strep throat, went on a ton of antibiotics and never felt the same again - sick to the point of disability. When I started getting prescribed the Oxycodone, it helped my quality of life extremely(even allowed me to physically travel to Japan for vacation, twice.) Now, I believe opioids could be AT LEAST partially the cause of some of this extreme illness, as before the pancreatitis, I was taking hydrocodone, though not huge dosages.

Not even ER's can prescribe Oxy. Only pain management doctors, and you have to see them EVERY month.

Also, never again call Crohn's disease "painless." You wouldn't have a clue.

Lol.

Dude even suggested I should get laparotomy surgery... for constipation.

For someone who can't spell he does seem to possess a lot of knowledge.. once you decipher it.. even if it is all over the place. Either that or the equivalent of a 13 year old webmd mom. Anyway, sorry I don't have much to help you with.. constipation is the worst. Ive pushed baseballs out of my ass before and felt like dying. I think its one of the most desperation inducing moments a human can endure. The last time it occurred and I didn't go for a week I was doing everything, even trying to pick the crap out with a rubber glove and vaseline. Suppositories, softener.. aye. One of the best things I tried is something called Lactulose, here in Canada its sold OTC but you have to ask the pharmacist for it because its behind the counter. It works as a softener but is a little more hardcore and faster acting.. worked for me anyway. As others said laxatives are more preventative than they are problem solving.. you'll just end up with a boatload of diarrhea behind a solid plug and when things explode they explode. yike.