• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioid cross tolerance?

Structure87

Greenlighter
My normal daily intake of oxycodone is 50-60mg. Today all I could come get was Hydrocodone 10/325.
I've already taken 40mg today and I've been feeling very uncomfortable. Yes it takes my pain away but its making me very anxious. I've taken hydro before but just not in these amounts. If you have a tolerance to one do you have that same tolerance to them all, or is there something I'm missing here. This absolutely sucks, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Yep there's cross tolerance, so you need to adjust your doses. As hydro's weaker and you're taking a lower dose it's possible you're uncomfortable feeling is mild withdrawal symptom, but that depends on how long you've been taking oxy for. Look up a opiate conversion chart either on blulight or google and dose accordingly.

I don't think the tolerance between oxycodone and morphine is symmetric. I've found to have built up a massive tolerance to oxy, while having a lower morphine tolerance just based on me / what I've been doing / what I've been tripping on //\\
I've found opioids to be definitely not completely cross tolerant - maybe like dose wise but in terms of effect there is totally a huge subjective difference between any of them really.

idk guys I'm starting to think I'm either getting sick or it is in fact WD's. I'll feel fine one second then the next ill feel like shit. I just took another 10mg so we'll see if it gets worse or makes me feel better. Tomorrow I'm going to start out at 15 or 20mg and see if anything changes. I've been taking oxy for a few years but my dose has remained the same so my WD's are always very mild compared to some of the horror stories I've read on here. I just feel a little disconnected from myself, its really very hard to describe.

If I remember right you're going to need one and a half times the hydros than the oxys you used to take. So if you were taking 60mg of oxy, you're going to need about 90mg of hydros. If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will come by and set us right. Good luck!

After I dosed again last night I did start to feel better. What I'm having a hard time understanding is why mg for mg it cant keep me out of mild WD. I'm convinced that's what it was. That being said even 20mg of oxy can get me through the day. Maybe its just that much weaker who knows.

Or you may be just like me and your body is just a whole lot less receptive to hydro based meds than oxy based ones. I would probably need 2 -3 times as much hydro than oxy to feel normal. Just a thought.