• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opinions of sertraline

It was a literal life-saver for me. I was suicidally depressed and having (sometimes more than one) panic attacks every day. It's not perfect and I wasn't miraculously 100% cured forever, but I'd say I was 85% better, it works most of the time and it completely turned my life around. Been on it for over 10 years now and going on it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Could not recommend it any more strongly.
Hope it works for your son as well as it worked for me!
Just a warning: the first 3 days on an SSRI can make anxiety much worse. I actually snapped my in half and took 25mg for the first 6 days. That really helped the side-effects. Depending on how open you are with him, you could also let him know it is much more difficult to ejaculate for the first several weeks, but it goes away. Like, it takes a lot longer to cum and you have to have really fantasize more, but that's normal and it does go away.

Bumping my own post :p since people are still asking about the drug.

It's the most benign ssri from what I've observed (20 years working in/around mental health-ish), having said that it is definitely nighmare-ish for some.

As a rough estimate I'd say it helps 30% of consumers, is neutral for 40%, negative effects for 25%, and a genuine nightmare for 5%.

For all other ssri's I'd go with helpful for 25%, neutral for 30%, negative for 30%, and a genuine nightmare for 15%

It's the most benign ssri from what I've observed (20 years working in/around mental health-ish), having said that it is definitely nighmare-ish for some.

As a rough estimate I'd say it helps 30% of consumers, is neutral for 40%, negative effects for 25%, and a genuine nightmare for 5%.

For all other ssri's I'd go with helpful for 25%, neutral for 30%, negative for 30%, and a genuine nightmare for 15%

Do you think SSRIs are basically just a placebo?

I think that anything that blocks MDMA from working should be regarded with a weary eye. Serotonin as displayed by it's vast series of analogues seems to be more about regulating reality than just mood.

I have this thing whenever people mention SSRI's, where I ask them if they have cured their depression/anxiety. Nobody has ever told me they did. The closest I ever get is that people say they dull their emotions.

Humans are so weirdly detached from really deeply looking into and exploring the mind. It's literally taboo, to the point of incarceration. That says it all IMO.

I have this thing whenever people mention SSRI's, where I ask them if they have cured their depression/anxiety. Nobody has ever told me they did. The closest I ever get is that people say they dull their emotions.

which is a 'result' as far as the drug manufacturers and most doctors are concerned. Not depressed, but no happiness either. Just a zombie

which is a 'result' as far as the drug manufacturers and most doctors are concerned. Not depressed, but no happiness either. Just a zombie

Exactly. I was trying to find a really interesting and relevant point brought up on a Joe Rogan podcast but all I could find was this clip which pretty much sums up my opinion anyway. Very interesting thoughts from this guy. I'll listen to to the whole thing and post the thing that's lurking somewhere in the back of my brain, but this is worth a watch.